Princess Shareholder Benefits 2023

RRFan

2 hours ago, RRFan said:

I believe if you have separate booking numbers the credit would be each person. Friends traveling together and each paying their own way should each get the credit they applied for. Haven’t actually tested it but it doesn’t make sense for only one to be eligible per cabin. 

Per their newest release the shareholder OBC is per cabin, military is per person...

5 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Per their newest release the shareholder OBC is per cabin, military is per person...

Shareholder was always per cabin.

The form I use is from 2019 (since it never changes so I just print out a new one and fill in my current cruise info in the blanks) ) and it clearly states "per stateroom".

6 minutes ago, chamima said:

Shareholder was always per cabin.

The form I use is from 2019 (since it never changes so I just print out a new one and fill in my current cruise info in the blanks) ) and it clearly states "per stateroom".

Agreed, but they seem to be enforcing it now, and they have a new policy regarding the combining of military and shareholder where they reiterated the per cabin for shareholder. 

I know it’s always been one per cabin and even if each spouse had separate brokerage accounts they would only get one benefit. 👍🏻 I just assumed that two unrelated individuals traveling together who each own stock would be able to get their own OBC. Warning to singles!  You’ll pay more plus you can’t claim your owner OBC if you travel with another owner. Another example of PCL’s horrible treatment of loyal passengers IMO. 

22 hours ago, t&atravel said:

That is automated response sent to everybody.  Did you check your personalizer to see if it had been applied?  In my recent experience it is applied almost immediately or at least within a day. They don’t notify you when it’s done.

Thank you.  I checked and it has been applied so they don't always inform you, even though the automated response says they do.

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

I know it’s always been one per cabin and even if each spouse had separate brokerage accounts they would only get one benefit. 👍🏻 I just assumed that two unrelated individuals traveling together who each own stock would be able to get their own OBC. Warning to singles!  You’ll pay more plus you can’t claim your owner OBC if you travel with another owner. Another example of PCL’s horrible treatment of loyal passengers IMO. 

I am misunderstanding your post. Solos may pay more, usually do, but sometimes there are very low or no single supplement sailings. Solo won’t pay more if sharing cabin and this savings usually outweighs getting individual shareholders, which I assume you would split. Obviously with low or no solo supplement, solo should get own cabin and own shareholders.

Are you saying you thought 2 unrelated individuals traveling in same cabin would be able to EACH get shareholders? 

I would think if you were solos comfortable enough to share a cabin and you both were entitled to shareholders, you would ‘split’ the benefit. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RRFan said:

I believe if you have separate booking numbers the credit would be each person. Friends traveling together and each paying their own way should each get the credit they applied for. Haven’t actually tested it but it doesn’t make sense for only one to be eligible per cabin. 

Am I misunderstanding this? I have not seen two passengers sharing a cabin with separate/different booking numbers unless each has their own cabin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

12 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I am misunderstanding your post. Solos may pay more, usually do, but sometimes there are very low or no single supplement sailings. Solo won’t pay more if sharing cabin and this savings usually outweighs getting individual shareholders, which I assume you would split. Obviously with low or no solo supplement, solo should get own cabin and own shareholders.

Are you saying you thought 2 unrelated individuals traveling in same cabin would be able to EACH get shareholders? 

I would think if you were solos comfortable enough to share a cabin and you both were entitled to shareholders, you would ‘split’ the benefit. 

8 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Am I misunderstanding this? I have not seen two passengers sharing a cabin with separate/different booking numbers unless each has their own cabin.

Hey All,

If you look under restrictions on the request form below it says the following:

"This offer is good for only one stateroom occupied by the shareholder.
Only one benefit onboard spending money can be applied to a
stateroom, even if there are multiple shareholders in the stateroom"

So, its based on stateroom/cabin not on individuals status as couple, solo etc.

Backup:
https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/contact-us/shareholder-request-form.pdf

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Maybe I’m wrong I just assumed that two people could book with a TA and each pay their own bill separately but choose the same cabin (or the TA could). Maybe that’s the catch, each cabin can only be one booking number regardless of how they pay the bill. That makes sense to me then. 

5 minutes ago, RRFan said:

Maybe I’m wrong I just assumed that two people could book with a TA and each pay their own bill separately but choose the same cabin (or the TA could). Maybe that’s the catch, each cabin can only be one booking number regardless of how they pay the bill. That makes sense to me then. 

Yes, Princess and assume most TA’s will allow multiple payments from different credit cards or other payment sources, so the bill can always be split, but if 2 are sharing the same cabin, it will only have ONE booking number, thus only eligible for one shareholder benefit to be applied, which I assume they would split if both qualified.

Question, if you were sharing a cabin with someone who did NOT qualify for shareholders, should the other person assume you will ‘split’ this benefit with them?

My opinion is it is your choice and the other person should not assume you will, it is a benefit because you have investing in buying CCL  shares and the other person should buy shares if they want this benefit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wallyj said:

So now it requires my friend to do a little more math to see if a discounted or TA fare is better than booking interline, as he would have to give up shareholders and OBC from FCD usage.

My 2 cents, do the math, booking interline will not always result in the best/lowest net fare. My friend who can book interline, just joined me on a 14 day Alaska as solo on the Sapphire Princess. Princess had a reduced solo supplement, TA was offering bonus OBC along with a group OBC, able to add shareholders of $250 for a 14 day sailing, and OBC for using a FCD. Net difference between interline was a few hundred dollars. I am not planning on selling my stock.

Although eligible for interline fares, we have never booked a Princess cruise as interline.  If a discount interline fare is available, there is almost always a Captain’s Circle fare available cheaper.  If it’s just a regular fare dressed up as interline, you can get better deals from a discounting travel agent.

I monitor a site that shows cruise deals for the next 90 days, and you can have it show interline and Captain’s Circle fares, so you can get an idea where the discounts are.

24 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Do Princess in the US impose a time scale on applying for shareholder benefits. Normally book in UK so have never had to deal with the US office before. 

If I understand what you are saying, under the Restrictions section of the application form it says this:

"Applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days
prior to the cruise departure date."

Backup:

28 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Do Princess in the US impose a time scale on applying for shareholder benefits. Normally book in UK so have never had to deal with the US office before. 

I have read posts from UK passengers reporting they can only submit shareholders if sailing is within 90 days. In the US, I have seen passengers say they have submitted for sailings in summer 2024 and later and the benefit is approved and applied to their bookings already.

Also form does state cutoff to apply is 14 days before sailing, but they have accepted and processed applications as late a couple days before sailing, like you made a last minute booking, not that you were procrastinating.

Edited by wallyj

16 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi @highloyo, Princess has cracked down on combinability of the Shareholders benefit with interline fares. 

I have an acquaintance who has booked a Princess cruise at interline fare, previously(last year) and said he ‘used’ to get the shareholders OBC. 

It was sometime last year(summer?), Princess started enforcing the non combinability of interline fares and shareholders. Almost certain with interline you also cannot get the OBC for using a FCD. I believe the terms and conditions on the form state about certain fares not being eligible. So really, you were never supposed to get.

So now it requires my friend to do a little more math to see if a discounted or TA fare is better than booking interline, as he would have to give up shareholders and OBC from FCD usage.

My 2 cents, do the math, booking interline will not always result in the best/lowest net fare. My friend who can book interline, just joined me on a 14 day Alaska as solo on the Sapphire Princess. Princess had a reduced solo supplement, TA was offering bonus OBC along with a group OBC, able to add shareholders of $250 for a 14 day sailing, and OBC for using a FCD. Net difference between interline was a few hundred dollars. I am not planning on selling my stock.

Also @RRFan, as of April 2023, FCD’s purchased are only good for 12 months, but you are able to extend if you call before it expires.

I guess I’ll have to do the math. I got the Shareholders’ Benefit on my last cruise with Princess Apr ‘22 also booked with an interline discount. Thanks for your input. 

20 minutes ago, highloyo said:

I guess I’ll have to do the math. I got the Shareholders’ Benefit on my last cruise with Princess Apr ‘22 also booked with an interline discount. Thanks for your input. 

So my recollection that the crackdown was about summer of last year would be in the right ballpark.

On 7/20/2023 at 9:08 PM, highloyo said:
I received this from Princess today after submitting my form a few hours earlier. I’ve received the benefit 3 times in the past while booking a cruise with an Interline Discount. This must be a new policy. 
Has anyone else booked cruises with an Interline Discount and received the benefit. Oh well, maybe it’s time to sell the losing stock.

“Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises. We have received your request for the Carnival Shareholder Benefit to be applied to your upcoming cruise on October 21, 2023, on the Discovery Princess.

Please be advised we are unable to apply the benefit as it is not combinable with the promotion code YI1 from your SPECIAL INTERLINE OFFER you are currently booked under.”

I wonder if the veteran's benifit is the same?

On 7/20/2023 at 9:38 PM, BamaVol said:

Can you explain what an interline discount is.  

The interline rate is for those in the airline industry, pilots for example.

Edited by suzyed

16 hours ago, wallyj said:

I have read posts from UK passengers reporting they can only submit shareholders if sailing is within 90 days. In the US, I have seen passengers say they have submitted for sailings in summer 2024 and later and the benefit is approved and applied to their bookings already.

Also form does state cutoff to apply is 14 days before sailing, but they have accepted and processed applications as late a couple days before sailing, like you made a last minute booking, not that you were procrastinating.

Well, that’s fantastic service. Paid deposit yesterday, applied yesterday. Today the obc has been added. Way different to our previous interaction with Princess UK. I’m impressed. 

22 hours ago, wallyj said:

Question, if you were sharing a cabin with someone who did NOT qualify for shareholders, should the other person assume you will ‘split’ this benefit with them?

My opinion is it is your choice and the other person should not assume you will, it is a benefit because you have investing in buying CCL  shares and the other person should buy shares if they want this benefit.

I’ve done a number of girls’ cruises where I’m the only one with shareholders OBC.  It’s on my account— no one else has access to it so they only know about it if I tell them!   

That being said, I always use the shareholders OBC to book something special for the cruise—specialty dining, spa treatment.  It’s nice to be able to treat one’s friends and family!  (I do have to go to Guest Services to pay for the others but it’s easily done.)

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 2:10 PM, wallyj said:

Yes, Princess and assume most TA’s will allow multiple payments from different credit cards or other payment sources, so the bill can always be split, but if 2 are sharing the same cabin, it will only have ONE booking number, thus only eligible for one shareholder benefit to be applied, which I assume they would split if both qualified.

Yes, but if they are both shareholders but only one benefit per cabin, I would imagine the one who "got it" would share with the other since they couldn't claim theirs.

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Yes, but if they are both shareholders but only one benefit per cabin, I would imagine the one who "got it" would share with the other since they couldn't claim theirs.

I am not sure you understood my question. I already stated the benefit probably would be split, if both ‘qualified’ in my first paragraph, as it is one benefit per cabin.

I traveled with someone who did not own shares(not qualified )in the same cabin,  and felt I should share my shareholders benefit, that was what I was asking, and my opinion was it is the person who owns the shares choice if they want to share, but it should not be  assumed the benefit will be split.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:55 AM, Laughingbear said:

Hey All,

If you look under restrictions on the request form below it says the following:

"This offer is good for only one stateroom occupied by the shareholder.
Only one benefit onboard spending money can be applied to a
stateroom, even if there are multiple shareholders in the stateroom"

So, its based on stateroom/cabin not on individuals status as couple, solo etc.

Backup:

You do realize that you are referencing an old out of date form that is no longer used by Princess.

The official information is at Carnival Corporation as that is the provider of the shareholder benefit.

Please see  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

It details terms and conditions and how to submit the requested information.

When I email I use a subject line similar to "Shareholder Benefit Request - Sailing date: May 7, 2023"

In the body I use this format:

"

Shareholder Benefit Request

Booking:  XXXXX
Ship name:  Crown Princess
Sailing date:   May 8, 2023
Last name:  LLLLLLL
First/Middle name:  FFFFF MMM
Telephone number:  1 408 555 5555
Email address:  someone@example.com

Attached please find brokerage statement 'First_Name_Brokerage_Statement-XXXX059-2023_04_20.pdf’
"

I then make sure to attach the brokerage statement which I have generated in a custom format from the brokers web site.

Putting the requested information in the body of the email means that there is one less attachment for the recipient to open. If a clerk is busy they are going to deal first with the messages that have the required information in the body and fewer attachments to open.
I get very fast turn around on my submission for Shareholder Benefit.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, brisalta said:

You do realize that you are referencing an old out of date form that is no longer used by Princess.

The official information is at Carnival Corporation as that is the provider of the shareholder benefit.

Please see  https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

It details terms and conditions and how to submit the requested information.

When I email I use a subject line similar to "Shareholder Benefit Request - Sailing date: May 7, 2023"

In the body I use this format:

"

Shareholder Benefit Request

Booking:  XXXXX
Ship name:  Crown Princess
Sailing date:   May 8, 2023
Last name:  LLLLLLL
First/Middle name:  FFFFF MMM
Telephone number:  1 408 555 5555
Email address:  someone@example.com

Attached please find brokerage statement 'First_Name_Brokerage_Statement-XXXX059-2023_04_20.pdf’
"

I then make sure to attach the brokerage statement which I have generated in a custom format from the brokers web site.

Putting the requested information in the body of the email means that there is one less attachment for the recipient to open. If a clerk is busy they are going to deal first with the messages that have the required information in the body and fewer attachments to open.
I get very fast turn around on my submission for Shareholder Benefit.

Hey there,

I appreciate the additional information. I did see that file but I liked the form better so I used it instead. I sailed last month and using the Princess form I was able to get my credit just fine. I think it took two days. So, it looks like both ways work.

There doesn't seem to be much different between the two files except for when you need to turn in the details. It seems like it may be a flexible deadline because I turned mine in 16 days before my cruise and I was still able to get it mine.

So, best of luck to everyone getting their OB Credit, whichever file they use. 😄