The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 26th, 2023

richwmn

Just dropping in for a moment.  I have a ton of stuff to do today.  Thank you to @superomafor keeping DH on the cares list.  I think he can be taken off.  We had an appointment today to have the stitches removed and all is well.  He can resume daily activities (whatever they are!) and needs no further care.  The incision looks good and I was complemented on the excellent nursing care I provided.  

He doesn’t have to return until November 30.  Sounds good to me.

On another note.  The dryer is working well and my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.  Trying to get stuff out of the way to get ready for her.

Will post more when I can.

@dfish glad your surgery went well.  Hope you are recovering well.  You are in my prayers.

God Bless to everyone,

Terri

• Like 25

8 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good Happy Happy Morning to All!!

Thanks for the info and pics.  I have been to Petra and actually got scammed by a cute young thing with 2 horses.  BUT I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Petra was amazing.  Spent 3 days driving around Jordan.  Thanks everyone for the "congrats" on my retirement.  🙂 Pictures4952.thumb.jpg.304b54a057c4262f1121f61bcdaa81f6.jpgPictures464.thumb.jpg.ee63fb93eb4cc46f0ddeef8f18a11b59.jpgPictures427.thumb.jpg.5a3d4ad7869fdebf956b9548c60d93d8.jpgPictures423.thumb.jpg.0d89b1457b7d934e2e9c2fb3fdb07ece.jpgPictures421.thumb.jpg.f31109d64b955482233f6cb5dc381b21.jpgPictures420.thumb.jpg.fc70d59530496934a98dcef5b2060353.jpgPictures407.thumb.jpg.8673a006152a85f161b27deedae62669.jpgPictures404.thumb.jpg.f43b7d109a54b34f44882118afb2976c.jpgPictures398.thumb.jpg.a74935a9ad0d635f5d394a6f7b52a53b.jpgPictures385.thumb.jpg.5583d68c2b182550bf1cd17f4d990ada.jpgPictures383.thumb.jpg.74c2c7828210625962ef809c60826a05.jpgPictures375.thumb.jpg.ea0747c7a4d0cb55ee6913bc1a909524.jpgPictures368.thumb.jpg.9c751ac19af49138c2c2d32a60c36ba7.jpgPictures342.thumb.jpg.19fff97600011c081ee75d6b04ee3608.jpgPictures3332.thumb.jpg.569dd994e63e0a57bb14de1945aed8a1.jpg

Nice photos.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi friends! Thank you for tolerating my anxiety attack on Wednesday. I was convinced that I was going to have to cancel the cruise. What a difference a day makes... in many ways!

Another PA called yesterday (while my friend & I were doing our weekly Meals on Wheels run) and said the surgeon was back from vacation and had looked at the echocardiogram again. Good news and bad news! As long as I stay asymptomatic, he has no problem with my travels. Yay!! 

However, when I get back from my October trip (10-days, England/ Scotland, land-based) he wants to do the surgery -- now a full valve replacement, i.e. open heart. Was NOT expecting that!! But if that's what needs to happen, so be it!

Thanks again!

P.S. Yesterday I also got an offer to upgrade to a verandah cabin from an inside. Of course, I have to pay the 200% single charge ($4000), but still.... Decisions, decisions!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

@NextOne i like your attitude about the surgery.  Life is too sweet to miss it, when the option is there to make it longer.

Good luck on the upgrade.  I'm, being so shy,  (NOT) enjoy being with other people too much for a balcony for one.  And to spend more money.  I'd be thinking well, for that kind of money I could book another cruise.  Good luck on that decision! 

My neighbor came by and told me that while we were gone, she was feeding 6 outdoor kitties. not the 3.  All I see that I have been feeding is a raccoon.  It's not even dark yet, and that bugger has already wiped out all the food for the out door kitties.  Bad raccoon!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

Hi friends! Thank you for tolerating my anxiety attack on Wednesday. I was convinced that I was going to have to cancel the cruise. What a difference a day makes... in many ways!

Another PA called yesterday (while my friend & I were doing our weekly Meals on Wheels run) and said the surgeon was back from vacation and had looked at the echocardiogram again. Good news and bad news! As long as I stay asymptomatic, he has no problem with my travels. Yay!! 

However, when I get back from my October trip (10-days, England/ Scotland, land-based) he wants to do the surgery -- now a full valve replacement, i.e. open heart. Was NOT expecting that!! But if that's what needs to happen, so be it!

Thanks again!

P.S. Yesterday I also got an offer to upgrade to a verandah cabin from an inside. Of course, I have to pay the 200% single charge ($4000), but still.... Decisions, decisions!

Glad you are still able to cruise. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Congratulations on your long awaited retirement!  What month did you go to Petra?  Was it cool in the early morning there?  We went in October and it was hotter than the gates of H E double hockey sticks!🥵

Based on the info on my pictures, I went in late January 2010.  I remember it being cool in the morning but walking down after the horse ride to the top of the canyon, I got warm.  Then cool again.  But you have to remember, I love 115 degree weather - 80 is cold for me (too long living in the Sonoran Desert).  When I worked in Saudi, I would go outside the ER doors to get warm.  People there thought I was crazy!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thanks again!

Wonderful news!   Now, stay asymptomatic!  I know, easier said than done.  

IT has been a long day, but I did stay up for all of it.  I think that is a major accomplishment.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thanks again!

I have had open heart surgery to replace an aortic valve. My impression, they are now able to do a more non invasive surgery these days. Yes,  it’s not fun but necessary and according to my cardiologist I have a great operating heart.

Glad you can go on your cruise. B.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening after another long day, but it was worth it.  The siding and port are now clean, at least for a while.  Everything is back in place, and I only need to put everything back in the storage cabinets. Tomorrow should be an easier day.  All I need to do is mow and trim the grass plus wash the cars.  After that, I should have some easy days. 

10 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

It's a lovely day here in the Pacific Northwest with highs in the mid-70s. I can handle that. 

DS is a red-head and he keeps his hair long and his beard long (much to his grandmother's dismay). 

DH is making good progress. We had his Care Conference on Wednesday and he'll be in the rehab place for a few more weeks which is good. He's almost met the goal of standing for 2 minutes unassisted and to transfer from bed to wheelchair. His verbal skills have come back even better than before so that's good. Now we have to decide if we can do the cruise we have booked in September. I have another week to decide so we'll see how life goes. 

Have a Good Friday! 

Karen

Karen, I'm glad your DH is continuing to make good progress.

5 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Just dropping in for a moment.  I have a ton of stuff to do today.  Thank you to @superomafor keeping DH on the cares list.  I think he can be taken off.  We had an appointment today to have the stitches removed and all is well.  He can resume daily activities (whatever they are!) and needs no further care.  The incision looks good and I was complemented on the excellent nursing care I provided.  

He doesn’t have to return until November 30.  Sounds good to me.

On another note.  The dryer is working well and my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.  Trying to get stuff out of the way to get ready for her.

Will post more when I can.

@dfish glad your surgery went well.  Hope you are recovering well.  You are in my prayers.

God Bless to everyone,

Terri

Terri, even though it was a busy day, things are looking better with a good report on your DH, the dryer working and the cleaning lady coming tomorrow.

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Thanks again!

Edi, it's good you will be able to go on your cruise.  I'm sorry you are facing a more invasive surgery, but I like your attitude.

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

Wonderful news!   Now, stay asymptomatic!  I know, easier said than done.  

IT has been a long day, but I did stay up for all of it.  I think that is a major accomplishment.

Debbie, I hope you are more comfortable by now.

Lenda 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Based on the info on my pictures, I went in late January 2010.  I remember it being cool in the morning but walking down after the horse ride to the top of the canyon, I got warm.  Then cool again.  But you have to remember, I love 115 degree weather - 80 is cold for me (too long living in the Sonoran Desert).  When I worked in Saudi, I would go outside the ER doors to get warm.  People there thought I was crazy!!

Congratulations on your retirement!  BTW, I never realized that you were in Tucson until early this morning when I was reading the Daily on my iPad. (Locations don’t show on my iPhone.) You mentioned school nurses and I want to thank you for your dedication and service. The TUSD school nurse at my DD’s elementary school really was a godsend in 1992 when she had several seizures at school. Enjoy your retirement!  And I agree with you about the heat!  I often go outside to warm up after being in a public place with freezing air conditioning. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 12

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Congratulations on your retirement!  BTW, I never realized that you were in Tucson until early this morning when I was reading the Daily on my iPad. (Locations don’t show on my iPhone.) You mentioned school nurses and I want to thank you for your dedication and service. The TUSD school nurse at my DD’s elementary school really was a godsend in 1992 when she had several seizures at school. Enjoy your retirement!  And I agree with you about the heat!  I often go outside to warm up after being in a public place with freezing air conditioning. 

Thank you! I had noticed you were from Tucson also!!  Small world!!

I became a school nurse the Flowing Wells District in 2016 after coming back from living/working overseas.  Thought it would be easy after years in the ER/Admin/Quality.  Boy, was I wrong but I loved it (though not the pay!!)  Left school nursing for 2 years to work for the Health Department during the pandemic but came back this year to work in TUSD.  But after 30 years working as a nurse, I am done!  Going to substitute for both FW and TUSD.  🙂 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1