Anyone stayed in the Infinity PH recently?

chemmo

I am looking at booking an Infinity Mediterranean cruise for next year. Timing, itinerary and a feeling of nostalgia are the reasons for this possible choice.

We have cruised M class PH before on both the Summit and Millie (pre refurbishment) and loved the layout but their age was showing…With the hold ups on upgrades I am wondering just how shabby the PH furnishings would be on Infinity.  I have no issues with the general decor but I would like to know the seating, curtains etc are still reasonable.

Our recent cruises have been on S class and we have become used to the dining options. We would miss not having Murano’s. How responsive have you found Luminae and Tuscan Grill staff in supplying off menu items? Obviously I would pre arrange and not just ask on the night.

What are the balcony furnishings like on Infinity? Comfort rather than style is my focus. It would be lovely to see some recent pictures.

Honestly, I am not ridiculously fussy but the cruise will be expensive and a step forward for me as my first ‘semi-solo’ cruise (travelling with son and fiancée). I guess I just don’t want to board and be disappointed….

• Like 1

@chemmo While I cannot vouch for the condition of the PH, I will say that quite recently I was aboard Infinity in a RS and the furnishings were in good shape.  The couch, chairs, bed, etc. were perfectly fine.  And, quite frankly, I was thrilled to be aboard a "non-revolutionized" Celebrity ship.  I so much prefer the "old style" to the "new".  Actually, in my opinion, the entire ship seemed to be in excellent shape (other than your normal wear and tear which doesn't concern me at all).

Luminae team was top notch - probably one of the best I've encountered in a long, long time.  Of course, by the time you sail next year I'm quite sure the team will be different....but I would not worry about a thing regarding Luminae supplying off-menu items.  I cannot speak to Tuscan as we only ate there once and ordered items on the menu.

So glad to see you putting your toes back in the water re cruising.  I'm sure it will be a different experience without your dear husband.....but I'm quite sure you will be very happy onboard.

Sorry.....I know that my post didn't quite answer your question but I thought I'd at least give you my opinion re the RS.  If the RS was in good shape I'm confident that the PH will also be in good shape.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

@chemmo While I cannot vouch for the condition of the PH, I will say that quite recently I was aboard Infinity in a RS and the furnishings were in good shape.  The couch, chairs, bed, etc. were perfectly fine.  And, quite frankly, I was thrilled to be aboard a "non-revolutionized" Celebrity ship.  I so much prefer the "old style" to the "new".  Actually, in my opinion, the entire ship seemed to be in excellent shape (other than your normal wear and tear which doesn't concern me at all).

Luminae team was top notch - probably one of the best I've encountered in a long, long time.  Of course, by the time you sail next year I'm quite sure the team will be different....but I would not worry about a thing regarding Luminae supplying off-menu items.  I cannot speak to Tuscan as we only ate there once and ordered items on the menu.

So glad to see you putting your toes back in the water re cruising.  I'm sure it will be a different experience without your dear husband.....but I'm quite sure you will be very happy onboard.

Sorry.....I know that my post didn't quite answer your question but I thought I'd at least give you my opinion re the RS.  If the RS was in good shape I'm confident that the PH will also be in good shape.

That is incredibly reassuring…Thank you so much for your response. 

I must confess to having some nostalgia for an M class ship and the PH is ideal for a family of three where you want to share company some of the time but also want some personal space. In my opinion, much as I love the S class ships, the M class PH is better if you are travelling as a family.

Re dining…I have never had an issue with the Luminae venue or services level I am just not too fond (perhaps over familiar with) the menu…I may even return to the MDR a few nights too and enjoy a shared table…

As you say after 42 years of marriage and having always cruised with my husband it will be strange…I do feel that cruising with my son and fiancée will break me in slowly…My son will find it equally hard, a late night whiskey on the balcony stargazing with his Dad has always been one of his cruising highlights…

• Like 3

I suspect that the soft goods will have been refreshed.  In my view, the old version of the PH was far preferable.  Ms. Hoppen should be drawn and quartered for taking out that lovely dressing table area in the master bath.  I hope your return to cruising works out well for you.  Please come back and let us know how it went.

P.S.  Still waiting to see a picture of your posh frock!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I suspect that the soft goods will have been refreshed.  In my view, the old version of the PH was far preferable.  Ms. Hoppen should be drawn and quartered for taking out that lovely dressing table area in the master bath.  I hope your return to cruising works out well for you.  Please come back and let us know how it went.

P.S.  Still waiting to see a picture of your posh frock!

Thanks for your reply. I will be probably be speaking to Celebrity this week to do a swap. We had booked a cruise from Southampton for this September (poor itinerary but very convenient) but it feels too soon for me. Booking for next year feels better. I also want an itinerary that my son and his fiancée will enjoy.

I am less bothered about the itinerary but I simply want to be on the wonderful M PH deck with a drink in hand in the Santorini caldera…As I look back on a lifetime of wonderful holidays this is my ‘special place’, one place I would love to see at least once more…

I agree with you about the removal of that dressing table area, it was lovely! Of course it was practical too so had to be removed.

Posh frock picture promise!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, chemmo said:

As you say after 42 years of marriage and having always cruised with my husband it will be strange…I do feel that cruising with my son and fiancée will break me in slowly…My son will find it equally hard, a late night whiskey on the balcony stargazing with his Dad has always been one of his cruising highlights…

Sounds like a perfect way to get back on the open seas. DH will be by your side…this much, I know. ❤️

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sounds like a perfect way to get back on the open seas. DH will be by your side…this much, I know. ❤️

Thanks!

I am hoping it will give me a balance between enjoying old memories and beginning to make new ones…

• Like 3

We stayed in 6148 on the Infinity in December 2022 (FL to Buenos Aires) and the same room on the Millie for 3 weeks in February 2023. The deck furniture was nicer on the Millie but we found the room furniture to be more comfortable and functional on the Infinity. We were on the Reflection in January 2023 and the PH included a cabana to use every day and many more dining choices. We prefer the S class ships for those reasons, but would not hesitate to sail the Infinity. The staff was great on all of the sailings.

69175880597__A28A7D7D-C053-45AD-80C3-324EB7B77697.thumb.JPG.9abe08e7d68559afeed920c52027019b.JPG 

image.thumb.jpeg.ceb8435341bdd81272c68c4d9cd64ca0.jpeg 

25 minutes ago, billc23 said:

We stayed in 6148 on the Infinity in December 2022 (FL to Buenos Aires) and the same room on the Millie for 3 weeks in February 2023. The deck furniture was nicer on the Millie but we found the room furniture to be more comfortable and functional on the Infinity. We were on the Reflection in January 2023 and the PH included a cabana to use every day and many more dining choices. We prefer the S class ships for those reasons, but would not hesitate to sail the Infinity. The staff was great on all of the sailings.

That's the big difference.  Ms. Hoppen is not at all into function.  Or comfort.  Just "trendy" looking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billc23 said:

69175880597__A28A7D7D-C053-45AD-80C3-324EB7B77697.thumb.JPG.9abe08e7d68559afeed920c52027019b.JPG 

image.thumb.jpeg.ceb8435341bdd81272c68c4d9cd64ca0.jpeg 

Sincere thanks for your reply and the pictures. Definitely not all upgrades actually result in a better guest experience…

At the end of the day, it is all about what is important to each of us and balancing ship features to room amenities to dining opportunities etc…

CC is, as always, the best place to go to for real guest experience reports…

Sincere thanks.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2023 at 12:49 PM, chemmo said:

That is incredibly reassuring…Thank you so much for your response. 

I must confess to having some nostalgia for an M class ship and the PH is ideal for a family of three where you want to share company some of the time but also want some personal space. In my opinion, much as I love the S class ships, the M class PH is better if you are travelling as a family.

Re dining…I have never had an issue with the Luminae venue or services level I am just not too fond (perhaps over familiar with) the menu…I may even return to the MDR a few nights too and enjoy a shared table…

DH and I love Class PH because of the Butler's Pantry, which S class does not have.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

DH and I love Class PH because of the Butler's Pantry, which S class does not have.  

One of our friends tried the M PH after us. We had told them how much we had enjoyed having a butler’s pantry…She couldn’t understand why until she experienced it…

To us the highlight was the balcony. Just so nice to eat breakfast on a decent sized table, to have beds in the sun and the shade…To sun bathe to star gaze…

• Like 1

Our very first Celebrity cruise was in the Summit PH, a special treat. It was magical. DH has been gone 10 years. I plan on sailing in a Millennium class PH again. (I’d actually prefer pre-refurb just for nostalgia.) I’ll toast DH on the amazing veranda, our favorite hangout. I’ll be solo, but that’s OK.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, raudacruise said:

Our very first Celebrity cruise was in the Summit PH, a special treat. It was magical. DH has been gone 10 years. I plan on sailing in a Millennium class PH again. (I’d actually prefer pre-refurb just for nostalgia.) I’ll toast DH on the amazing veranda, our favorite hangout. I’ll be solo, but that’s OK.

One of the highlights of our itinerary is being in Santorini until 10pm…Sunset in September will be about 7pm.

The plan will be to prearrange with the butler to drink and dine on deck that night. I can think of nothing more spectacular than sitting on that wonderful deck, drink in hand, watching day turn to night and seeing the cliff side villages light up as darkness falls…

So sorry for your loss. I will be ‘semi-solo’. My first cruise without my wonderful husband but I will be sharing the PH with my wonderful son and his fiancée. Needless to say we will feel choked most evenings as we make our family toast ‘To making it count’.

When people come on this board saying ‘Should I upgrade?’ or ‘Is a PH worth the money?’ I always say if you can stretch the budget go for it. You and I are blessed with wonderful memories. This time last year we had two cruises booked. Little do we know that they would never happen. No one knows what tomorrow will bring so my advice will remain, to the most of everyday and every cruise!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

One of the highlights of our itinerary is being in Santorini until 10pm…Sunset in September will be about 7pm.

The plan will be to prearrange with the butler to drink and dine on deck that night. I can think of nothing more spectacular than sitting on that wonderful deck, drink in hand, watching day turn to night and seeing the cliff side villages light up as darkness falls…

So sorry for your loss. I will be ‘semi-solo’. My first cruise without my wonderful husband but I will be sharing the PH with my wonderful son and his fiancée. Needless to say we will feel choked most evenings as we make our family toast ‘To making it count’.

When people come on this board saying ‘Should I upgrade?’ or ‘Is a PH worth the money?’ I always say if you can stretch the budget go for it. You and I are blessed with wonderful memories. This time last year we had two cruises booked. Little do we know that they would never happen. No one knows what tomorrow will bring so my advice will remain, to the most of everyday and every cruise!

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. It’s given me the nudge I needed to start looking for my PH. No more “some day”.

I’m glad your “first” cruise is with loved ones. I sailed alone and vividly remember wanting to say “Look at that!” and no one to hear me.

It’s so true that no one knows what tomorrow will bring. DH was gone three weeks after his cancer diagnosis.

”To making it count!” 🍸

• Like 2

3 hours ago, raudacruise said:

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. It’s given me the nudge I needed to start looking for my PH. No more “some day”.

I’m glad your “first” cruise is with loved ones. I sailed alone and vividly remember wanting to say “Look at that!” and no one to hear me.

It’s so true that no one knows what tomorrow will bring. DH was gone three weeks after his cancer diagnosis.

”To making it count!” 🍸

‘To making it count….’

Get looking for that PH…

• Like 1