Where do you find quieter areas on Carnival Magic?

wrightkj

Cruising solo on Magic in January and was curious where you find quieter areas at different times of the day. I know Serenity may be a quieter area, but I'd love more options than there and my stateroom when high volume triggers my anxiety. Any quieter nooks or secret spaces you've discovered? I already have plans to bring some sensory overload ear plugs to help. Thanks for any insight you have!

• Like 1

I really liked the lanai on deck 5, which stretches around both sides of the ship. Cloud 9 spa is particularly nice on Magic, so you may want to consider a spa pass for the week! 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

I really liked the lanai on deck 5, which stretches around both sides of the ship. Cloud 9 spa is particularly nice on Magic, so you may want to consider a spa pass for the week! 

yes, definitely one of the nicer Carnival Spas.

• Like 2

A clamshell chair on Serenity does the trick for me because you can be oblivious to what is going on around you, and put some EarPods in and you're good.   If you have a balcony, of course that is also a nice option as well.  

• Like 1

DH has quit smoking but when we cruised on the Magic, he would like to sit aft Deck 11 (above the pool) and I would usually sit with him. Usually quiet and the smoke was surprisingly well under control. I agree with the spa suggestion though...so worth it...relaxing and calm and the heated loungers are worth every penny. 

• Like 2

Deck 7 forward either side. There's one door, open that, then there's another door (watch your step though) and you'll be looking at the front of the ship. It's on deck 6 through 10. Deck 7 there's an area to sit. Very peaceful, especially at night. Enjoy.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 8:31 PM, happycruiser220 said:

Deck 7 forward either side. There's one door, open that, then there's another door (watch your step though) and you'll be looking at the front of the ship. It's on deck 6 through 10. Deck 7 there's an area to sit. Very peaceful, especially at night. Enjoy.  

Yep, the so-called "secret decks."   They are usually very quiet but can be very windy when underway.  

That forward area on Deck 9 has "wings" above the bridge that stick out over the side, so you can get a great view down the side of the ship.  On both sides, there is a magnetic gyrocompass under a Velcro cover.  Please replace the cover above the compass dial when you're done.  🙂  

• Like 1

The truth is, there are plenty of quiet spots around the ship. Some like to associate the entire ship with Lido. For me, nothing beats the Serenity area. Give me a padded chaise, and a view of the ocean. I can spend a whole day there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Raven said:

The outside deck area of the Red Frog Pub has a couple of wooden swing type seating areas and they tend to be pretty quiet and centrally located on Deck 5.

this was where we stayed as well.  

• 3 months later...
On 5/29/2023 at 7:33 AM, wrightkj said:

Cruising solo on Magic in January and was curious where you find quieter areas at different times of the day. I know Serenity may be a quieter area, but I'd love more options than there and my stateroom when high volume triggers my anxiety. Any quieter nooks or secret spaces you've discovered? I already have plans to bring some sensory overload ear plugs to help. Thanks for any insight you have!

Which sensory overload ear plugs have you found helpful?  I am looking to try some before our next cruise.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:30 AM, caribsun said:

You can always find a indoor lounge that has nothing going on during the day. 

I second this suggestion!   During the day, the lounges are pretty much empty - they've got comfy seating and it's nice and quiet.   You might have the occasional person who pops in to take a look around and wander through, but for the most part, it's super quiet.

• Like 1

Deck 5 is my favorite spot on any cruise ship I've been on. Hot tubs on both sides, that are often empty or only a few people. You can switch sides of the ship if you need the shade. And if you like to walk you can do laps. I love it.

2 hours ago, five. said:

Deck 5 is my favorite spot on any cruise ship I've been on. Hot tubs on both sides, that are often empty or only a few people. You can switch sides of the ship if you need the shade. And if you like to walk you can do laps. I love it.

As of 2 weeks ago you cannot walk all the way around deck 5 anymore on Magic - the forward area is now "crew only" although I'm not sure if that is a permanent change or if they were refurbishing the area. It's possible it'll be opened back up to guests in the future.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:33 AM, wrightkj said:

I like deck 7 forward "secret deck". Go outside and enjoy the view.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, mz-s said:

you cannot walk all the way around deck 5 anymore on Magic - the forward area is now "crew only"

Well that sucks. We ran into that on another ship to and it was essentially a horseshoe. I prefer the loops for sure. Hopefully it'll be temporary. Once Magic moves back to Miami, we will probably target it some more. Thanks for the heads up. We'd cruise all the time if Magic or that class ever ended up in Charleston, but Carnival is leaving Charleston in Dec 2024 last I heard.

Edited by five.