Change in APEX itn/price Mar 8, 2025

hcat

NOTE:

We just rec'd an e mail from Celelebrity Cruises advising  us that our 5 day APEX cruise on March 8, 2025 rt Pt Ev, is no more! Done!

It is being extended to a 7 day Sailing with added ports of St Thomas and Bahamas..booking at  PREVAILING RATES or another cruise..$100 obc or $200 obc per suite.

Sadly,  we selected the short 5 day cruise in an SV to fit our schedule and desire to experience APEX....

The extra days they added on do not work for our  grandson's b day party, so we will no doubt have to cancel..

Plenty of time to find something else .Do not think $100 obc is enough to make us  jump right away.

just wanted to let folks  know

Interesting.   In the past when they have done this I believe they have generally just changed existing reservations to the longer itinerary at the same rate, of course allowing people to cancel if it no longer met their needs.   I can't believe there would be a significant percentage of the ship booked this far in advance.   $100 obc is insulting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Interesting.   In the past when they have done this I believe they have generally just changed existing reservations to the longer itinerary at the same rate, of course allowing people to cancel if it no longer met their needs.   I can't believe there would be a significant percentage of the ship booked this far in advance.   $100 obc is insulting.

I agree.  Not too long ago, Celebrity would not have charged existing bookings for the extra day(s) due to an itinerary change that they made.

Charging for the extra days from itinerary changes seem to be the norm now.  Last week, someone else reported that their 12 night September cruise was changed into a 13 night sailing and the price was increased by around $800 as a result.

It is a long ways off  but we invested time booking it, and were happy to book a middle SV on a good deck at an acceptable price.

Regardless of the anticipated upcharge, and the measley obc  the dates  just don't work.

Now looking at 2 diff APEX itins of  7 days.. AQ class I guess if price ok..sale going on??

Not sure which would be nicer:

1) St Kitts, Tortola, Puerta Plata  OR

2) Key West, Bimini, Labadee, Puerto Plata

We have not been to  Bimini

(unknown) or Puerto Plata (not exciting) and we would not get off at Labadee again!

Any suggestions ???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

1) St Kitts, Tortola, Puerta Plata

I haven't been to any of those three. 

Those 5 day sailings are becoming more rare. We were on the Beyond 5 day last November. That's the perfect numbers of days for us. I wish there were more of them. 

Bimini has very little to offer.  We got off took the free trolley, not much to see, planned to rent a golf cart but realized the trolley covered most of what we would see with the golf cart.  The area where the trolley ends has a plaza with shops and restaurants, most of which were vacant or closed.  90 minutes later we returned to the ship.

To be fair we are not beach people.  There is a public beach and a private beach where you can purchase a pass.

7 hours ago, hcat said:

no one replied..

dh prefers itin 1 so I will check sale prices and try to get the $100 booby prize!

Think I would go for the Key West cruise. Then just stay on the ship and enjoy the views and service.

10 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

I haven't been to any of those three. 

Those 5 day sailings are becoming more rare. We were on the Beyond 5 day last November. That's the perfect numbers of days for us. I wish there were more of them. 

yup..we were on that one too..with FCC, we could afford a beautiful suite with the  Retreat experience.  5 days was perfect!

16 hours ago, hcat said:

It is a long ways off  but we invested time booking it, and were happy to book a middle SV on a good deck at an acceptable price.

Regardless of the anticipated upcharge, and the measley obc  the dates  just don't work.

Now looking at 2 diff APEX itins of  7 days.. AQ class I guess if price ok..sale going on??

Not sure which would be nicer:

1) St Kitts, Tortola, Puerta Plata  OR

2) Key West, Bimini, Labadee, Puerto Plata

We have not been to  Bimini

(unknown) or Puerto Plata (not exciting) and we would not get off at Labadee again!

Any suggestions ???

I would choose the St Kitts and Tortola.  We have been to Puerto Plata once, and from now on we will avoid it.  Took a cab to town got hounded for 45 minutes and went back to the ship.  I have read that the tours there are vendors that do the same.  The island needs the $$$ but hounding people is not the way.  You can stay on the ship, the Apex is fabulous!

6 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

I would choose the St Kitts and Tortola.  We have been to Puerto Plata once, and from now on we will avoid it.  Took a cab to town got hounded for 45 minutes and went back to the ship.  I have read that the tours there are vendors that do the same.  The island needs the $$$ but hounding people is not the way.  You can stay on the ship, the Apex is fabulous!

thank you for your thoughts.

we were able to book the APEX 7 day for January 25, 2025..same Sunset Veranda category but had to take bed by the  infinite  veranda not by bathrm.. We can manage it.. 

Price per night was abt the same as 5 day  with all  perks that  we had (classic alc, grats and wifi..not needed as we have E + perk)

Same booking no. and transferred over our $200 deposit ( nr).

it's 2 more days and 2 good ports..We will stay on board for Puerto Plata or just get off to to see the immediate port area (not the town) if they have shops there or food...and security!

Loved EDGE ( twice) and BEYOND..and are  booked on ASCENT( 2024)...We will look forward to APEX ,( 2025). so I guess this story is over..so far!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, hcat said:

thank you for your thoughts.

we were able to book the APEX 7 day for January 25, 2025..same Sunset Veranda category but had to take bed by the  infinite  veranda not by bathrm.. We can manage it.. 

Price per night was abt the same as 5 day  with all  perks that  we had (classic alc, grats and wifi..not needed as we have E + perk)

Same booking no. and transferred over our $200 deposit ( nr).

it's 2 more days and 2 good ports..We will stay on board for Puerto Plata or just get off to to see the immediate port area (not the town) if they have shops there or food...and security!

Loved EDGE ( twice) and BEYOND..and are  booked on ASCENT( 2024)...We will look forward to APEX ,( 2025). so I guess this story is over..so far!

If you have a Sunset Veranda it is not and infinite veranda but a regular balcony.  I too prefer the couch by the balcony not the bed. St. Kitts is great, been twice and have another on the Ascent in April 2024

Edited by Dar & Bob

32 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

If you have a Sunset Veranda it is not and infinite veranda but a regular balcony.  I too prefer the couch by the balcony not the bed. St. Kitts is great, been twice and have another on the Ascent in April 2024

oh gosh..yes....so sorry..

I made a mistake..its the SV bed by balc door...true outdoor balcony..large!.

I  was confused with our 2024 booked ASCENT cruise in AQ  class where we do  have an inf Veranda..Tradeoff is BLU and Thermal Suite area..

thanks for catching this..

• Like 1

well it was not quite over..

rep at X did not take an  additoinal deposit needed for a 7 day trip,  and did not want to send us the new paperwork til perks populated..

Luckily we insisted..That's how we saw the ERROR  Our new  Cruise would have been cancelled in a few days due to not having  a proper deposit on file .

Hopefully fixed now..and we got extra $ 100 OBC   From now on we will always call twice!

has anyone else switched,  if so BEWARE!

first time we ever had an issue like this.. 

the change in length of cruise apparently did not come with clear instructions..they gave a dedicated ph no which went to the same place as other calls.