Everything great on the Pursuit (May 30-Jun 13)

Marylebone37

Docked in Lisbon today and staying overnight. FYI, we are just steps away from the Old Town area so no shuttles needed. Lots of shops and restaurants just outside the terminal and across the street. 

Two excursions thus far (Malaga and Gibraltar) were excellent and nicely coordinated by the tour team. No complaints about the trips or much else for that matter. The entire crew continue to deliver an outstanding experience. 

IMG_5083.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

Edited by Marylebone37
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marylebone37 said:

Docked in Lisbon today and staying overnight. FYI, we are just steps away from the Old Town area so no shuttles needed. Lots of shops and restaurants just outside the terminal and across the street. 

Two excursions thus far (Malaga and Gibraltar) were excellent and nicely coordinated by the tour team. No complaints about the trips or much else for that matter. The entire crew continue to deliver an outstanding experience. 

IMG_5083.jpeg

IMG_5084.jpeg

On a completely different note....we are on our second Portuguese Water Dog.  We named our current girl Lady of Alfama, Alfie for short, after the Alfama neighborhood.  Enjoy Fado while you are there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, capsplace said:

On a completely different note....we are on our second Portuguese Water Dog.  We named our current girl Lady of Alfama, Alfie for short, after the Alfama neighborhood.  Enjoy Fado while you are there!

That’s very sweet. Lisbon is crowded but wonderful as always. Lots of St. Anthony celebrations going on. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2023 at 11:43 PM, Marylebone37 said:

I meant 20-30 cabins long…

Everything else on the ship thus far continues to be excellent. Zero complaints. I’m so impressed with how well maintained everything is. 

Looking forward to our fall Spain Intensive on Pursuit and have been following your ship on VesselFinder as to where you are docking.  I’m glad to hear the ship is in such good order.  Anything more you’d like to share along the way, I’d appreciate it.

thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Looking forward to our fall Spain Intensive on Pursuit and have been following your ship on VesselFinder as to where you are docking.  I’m glad to hear the ship is in such good order.  Anything more you’d like to share along the way, I’d appreciate it.

thanks.

No problem, I will try. But would prefer, if possible, to answer specific questions rather than post about miscellaneous things along the way.

Edited by Marylebone37

2 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

No problem, I will try. But would prefer, if possible, to answer specific questions rather than post about miscellaneous things along the way.

Thanks!

Edited by SoBaycruiser

6 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

Was there a Cruise Critic meet and greet listed in daily program?

If so, where and when? 
Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

No there was not. At least not as of Night 6 (out of 14). 

Really?  Not on embarkation day?  I am sort of shocked!

We board right after you and have an active roll call and expected it to be listed in the program on embarkation day! 

5 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Really?  Not on embarkation day?  I am sort of shocked!

We board right after you and have an active roll call and expected it to be listed in the program on embarkation day! 

I don’t believe so. Think I would have noticed, but may have missed it in the program. I will ask around if they’re doing them and let you know. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

I don’t believe so. Think I would have noticed, but may have missed it in the program. I will ask around if they’re doing them and let you know. 

Thank you so much.  We have 60 people on roll call. 😀
Very active!

Edited by takemewithyou

It does appear that shuttles to city centers are in operation. This is from today in Leixoes, where they are providing transportation to downtown Porto, Portugal. It’s the first stop on this itinerary where the immediate/popular “downtown” area is

not easily accessible on foot. 

IMG_5147.jpeg

Edited by Marylebone37

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Was there a Cruise Critic meet and greet listed in daily program?

If so, where and when? 
Thanks!

There was one in the schedule on embarkation day at 5 or 6 in Living Room. I went there but did not mention a meeting. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Very disappointing if the Meet and Mingles have been suspended! 

I spoke to the CD, and she said they are having them (unhosted) on embarkation day. We just missed it. 

By the way, very impressive how so many of the senior staff line up at the gangway in the mornings to wish guests a great day as they disembark on their tours. Not just 2 or 3 or 4. More like 10 or more! It’s just a small gesture - but a total act that does not go unnoticed. Well done!

• Like 5

After nearly a week, I finally have a bit of  constructive criticism about something. I say “finally” because everything has been SO SO wonderful overall! 

There is a group on board and last night they closed the Patio/Grill for a private event. Not only the food side but the opposite side’s seating area as well.  I don’t think it’s fair to completely close one of the most popular (and included) dining venues on board for an entire evening for a small group of guests. If Azamara wants a private space, let them use the Library (as they’ve done/closed on more than one occasion already) or shut one of the Speciality spaces for private evening events. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Marylebone37 said:

After nearly a week, I finally have a bit of  constructive criticism about something. I say “finally” because everything has been SO SO wonderful overall! 

There is a group on board and last night they closed the Patio/Grill for a private event. Not only the food side but the opposite side’s seating area as well.  I don’t think it’s fair to completely close one of the most popular (and included) dining venues on board for an entire evening for a small group of guests. If Azamara wants a private space, let them use the Library (as they’ve done/closed on more than one occasion already) or shut one of the Speciality spaces for private evening events. 

Do you know anything about this group?

2 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

Perry Golf

I know this is a controversial comment, but the smokers (incl cigars at times) really make the Pool Bar and adjacent tables unusable at certain times of the day. On such a small ship with the overhang, it’s very unpleasant and a shame that the 10-20 smokers are allowed to monopolize this otherwise lovely space. The Pool Bar bartenders health is also being put at risk which is a darn shame in this day and age. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

Perry Golf

I have no issue with this. It happens once on any cruise they are on. Typically it happens on a night when the Pool Grill might be closed anyway (It’s usually closed at least one night even pre pandemic). 
Perry Golf are the most considerate cruising group I’ve ever sailed with. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

I have no issue with this. It happens once on any cruise they are on. Typically it happens on a night when the Pool Grill might be closed anyway (It’s usually closed at least one night even pre pandemic). 
Perry Golf are the most considerate cruising group I’ve ever sailed with. 

We will also have Perry Golf onboard with us on Ireland Intensive Pursuit 6/13.  I have never been onboard with them.  Thanks for the info.