Everything great on the Pursuit (May 30-Jun 13)

Marylebone37

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I have no issue with this. It happens once on any cruise they are on. Typically it happens on a night when the Pool Grill might be closed anyway (It’s usually closed at least one night even pre pandemic). 
Perry Golf are the most considerate cruising group I’ve ever sailed with. 

I don’t know. Leaving beautiful Lisbon on the sail-away with that wonderful venue closed to the rest of the ship for dinner. I could see maybe on a sea day or something less spectacular than departing at dinner time from Lisbon. I’ve heard several guests grumbling about it… a day later. 

With both sides closed, it sounds like one would have to walk either up to deck 10 or down to deck 8 and back down or up from forward on deck 9 to access the Buffet - that would be annoying.

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

With both sides closed, it sounds like one would have to walk either up to deck 10 or down to deck 8 and back down or up from forward on deck 9 to access the Buffet - that would be annoying.

You could have probably walked through. 

The crew has been so fantastic the entire time. When I say that, I mean at the very  top of their game without exception. They all deserve such incredible praise for the exceptional experience they are delivering every day. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Complimentary shuttle transportation to town is once again provided in Bilbao, Spain today. Everything remains absolutely excellent on board Pursuit after 8 nights. 6 more to go. Azamazing evening is tonight with a late departure at 10pm. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

Complimentary shuttle transportation to town is once again provided in Bilbao, Spain today. Everything remains absolutely excellent on board Pursuit after 8 nights. 6 more to go. Azamazing evening is tonight with a late departure at 10pm. 

Packing right now to get on when you get off!

Keep all those reports coming! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Packing right now to get on when you get off!

Keep all those reports coming! 

I can almost guarantee you an exceptional time. One tip: don’t bring many dressy clothes. It’s tasteful but casual in the evenings. Much more than I remember… which I LOVE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In Milford Haven, Wales. A glorious afternoon on the last day of a FANTASTIC 14 night cruise from Barcelona to Dublin. So well done by everyone from start to finish, and kudos to the BRILLIANT crew on board! Thank you so, so very much!

IMG_5259.jpeg

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

What time do the gym and laundry open?

TIA

Is is either 7 or 7:30am for gym (met someone on another trip who sneaked in at 5:30am for treadmill and woke the guests in cabins below and was told 7:30am (?) it opened) 8am for laundry 

8 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

Is is either 7 or 7:30am for gym (met someone on another trip who sneaked in at 5:30am for treadmill and woke the guests in cabins below and was told 7:30am (?) it opened) 8am for laundry 

Any “sneakers” should be aware the captains cabin is below part of the gym - and they are very attuned to hearing transgressors. 
The laundry opens at 0800 though onward did seem to be open earlier 

32 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Thanks for all the reports from Pursuit.  We are here in Dublin and will board in a few hours!  Very excited.  First time on Pursuit 

You’re welcome. I can pretty much guarantee you an awesome time.  The only thing that needs a little improvement IMHO is the food quality, but I know that’s very subjective. It was all fine, just not memorable or at the luxury level. Service, however, was consistently outstanding… EVERYWHERE!

Disembarkation was a disaster this morning with delayed luggage, a line for cabs that was at least 100 people long (I kid you not), and several other missteps. It was a shame to have so many guests grumbling after everything else was handled so well. 

Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, uktog said:

Interesting Dublin is getting a reputation for nightmare disembarking it was the same last year 

The worst experience in 50+ cruises. They were unloading luggage with a lift/cage that held about 40 bags at a time. One small container/cage at a time. It was laughable.  We left the ship about 8:10 per instructions over the PA system. Luggage got off loaded around 9:30 and we had to stand around until then. Good thing the weather was cooperative, because guests were majorly P***ed! I bet people missed flights.  And then no cabs,  no Ubers, and 100-150 people in a long taxi line. Omg.

One of the longshoremen said to me this morning… when leaving a cruise ship, some people say Have A Nice Day! Well in Dublin, we say Good Luck! 😂 True story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marylebone37 said:

The worst experience in 50+ cruises. They were unloading luggage with a lift/cage that held about 40 bags at a time. One small container/cage at a time. It was laughable.  We left the ship about 8:10 per instructions over the PA system. Luggage got off loaded around 9:30 and we had to stand around until then. Good thing the weather was cooperative, because guests were majorly P***ed! I bet people missed flights.  And then no cabs,  no Ubers, and 100-150 people in a long taxi line. Omg.

One of the longshoremen said to me this morning… when leaving a cruise ship, some people say Have A Nice Day! Well in Dublin, we say Good Luck! 😂 True story. 

Oh my gosh!  So sorry to hear that, but I will file that info away in the memory bank for future plans!  Embarkation went pretty well, considering there is no cruise terminal.  We were some of the first onboard.  Check in was in cabaret followed by small group muster, also in cabaret.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Oh my gosh!  So sorry to hear that, but I will file that info away in the memory bank for future plans!  Embarkation went pretty well, considering there is no cruise terminal.  We were some of the first onboard.  Check in was in cabaret followed by small group muster, also in cabaret.

Good Luck! 🍀 That guy’s comment still makes me laugh!  Do enjoy your journey!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Marylebone37 said:

.....The only thing that needs a little improvement IMHO is the food quality, but I know that’s very subjective. It was all fine, just not memorable or at the luxury level....

This has been our experience too, both a few months pre-Covid and also a month ago on Onward. As you say, it's fine but certainly not memorable or even at the premium level in which Az market themselves alongside Oceania which provides a superior culinary experience overall..

52 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Oceania which provides a superior culinary experience overall...

...which is also apparently seeing declines in quality, according to posts on their forum here.  I agree that Oceania used to live up to its claim of "the finest cuisine at sea" – and maybe, since everybody else has also declined, it still is "the finest" just not as fine as it used to be...

• Like 1

I am definitely one who does not agree that Oceania lives up to their reputation (constantly acclaimed) of the best cuisine at sea. We spent 35 days on Regatta circumnavigation of Australia, many times the food was a disappointment, often nowhere near hot enough. To be honest food did improve after the midcruise survey and some people who had complained had been phoned about their comments.

In March we took a cruise on Onward to see if Azamara was as good as we had experienced pre covid and we were absolutely blown away by the welcome buffet awaiting us. All I could say was “Oceania eat your heart out” the quality of the food was extremely good and the Sunday brunch once again surpassed all expectations.

Joining the Journey on Saturday and hoping once again to be totally Azamazed, as previously posted pictures can speak louder than words.

IMG_5541.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_5543.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I am definitely one who does not agree that Oceania lives up to their reputation (constantly acclaimed) of the best cuisine at sea. We spent 35 days on Regatta circumnavigation of Australia, many times the food was a disappointment, often nowhere near hot enough. To be honest food did improve after the midcruise survey and some people who had complained had been phoned about their comments.

In March we took a cruise on Onward to see if Azamara was as good as we had experienced pre covid and we were absolutely blown away by the welcome buffet awaiting us. All I could say was “Oceania eat your heart out” the quality of the food was extremely good and the Sunday brunch once again surpassed all expectations.

Joining the Journey on Saturday and hoping once again to be totally Azamazed, as previously posted pictures can speak louder than words.

IMG_5541.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_5543.jpeg

IMG_5540.jpeg

Lots of quantity and lovely displays (plus outstanding service), but we found the food quality was just so-so and not that impressive for a line at the “Premium” level. Guests were mostly commenting that if was Good, but not Great. 

• Like 3

Sometimes I’m sensing on some ships style over substance - with for me too much focus now on buffets that look good rather than consistent quality throughout the cruise and staff driving you to buffets “you must go / why are you not going to Indian night/seafood night/brunch etc. it’s like they don’t want you to eat elsewhere.

I agree the MDR is generally good not outstanding but unfortunately our last experience on Onward it didn’t even hit good most nights. We weren’t alone in that view. Hopefully they’ve sorted out the competence issue in the galley now. 

• Like 1

Cruised B2B on Onward last October, and just off Oceania Marina 3 days ago.  I realize that food is subjectve but we found the food on Onward mediocre, and the specialty restaurants average.  White Night on our first leg was very good (2nd leg rained out so smaller buffet indoors and just average). They did a  surprise wine and cheese small buffet one night by Mosaic after dinner which looked good (but we had just eaten, so can't say as to the taste) . 

We found the food on O to be consistently better, although we ate mostly in the specialties and our one disappointing dish was in Polo steakhouse. My DH had what he said was one of the best prime rib he had ever had in the Grand Dining Room.  Wonderful fresh berries every morning. Only no Nutella on 0, so AZ gets points for that. 

As I said, food is subjective but we preferred the food on Oceania overall. 

• Like 1