Favourite Martini

A martini is gin and vermouth, with an olive garnish. Everything else that some people call a 'martini' is merely served in a martini glass. 

That said, the drink I like, which is served in a martini glass, is the Lemon Drop. Delicious. 
You can also have it served on the rocks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

A martini is gin and vermouth, with an olive garnish. Everything else that some people call a 'martini' is merely served in a martini glass. 

That said, the drink I like, which is served in a martini glass, is the Lemon Drop. Delicious. 
You can also have it served on the rocks. 

^^^ This!!!!!  😉 🙌

I am always wanting to say this. If it ain't a cupful of gin or vodka with a vermouth bottled waved gently over the top, it's NOT a martini!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While I know it's technically not a "martini," I really do enjoy a lemon drop martini. Nice and frothy on top with a sugar rim. 

We went out to dinner last week and one of their specialty cocktails was a Raspberry martini. It was also very good. Wonder if they could make something like that on board if I asked?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jules815 said:

While I know it's technically not a "martini," I really do enjoy a lemon drop martini. Nice and frothy on top with a sugar rim. 

We went out to dinner last week and one of their specialty cocktails was a Raspberry martini. It was also very good. Wonder if they could make something like that on board if I asked?

That sounds delicious.  They used to be able to make you drinks if you knew what was in it but the younger bartenders don’t seem as keen to do that.  It doesn’t hurt to ask though.