Confused about thermal suites and thalassotherapy pool

wrightkj

My cruise in January currently has thermal suites passes available for the week and I'm having a hard time figuring out if that pass would include the thalassotherapy pool. Can someone give me some insight? TIA!

32 minutes ago, wrightkj said:

My cruise in January currently has thermal suites passes available for the week and I'm having a hard time figuring out if that pass would include the thalassotherapy pool. Can someone give me some insight? TIA!

If your ship has a thalassotherapy pool it would include it, most ships don't have one. I was sad to discover my upcoming cruise on Celebration doesn't have it since I have a spa cabin.

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm on the Magic and after reading so many rave reviews of the Thermal Suite, I have been very close to splurging on it. Knowing the thalassotherapy pool is part of it will tip the scales!

Have a great time on Celebration!

14 minutes ago, wrightkj said:

Thanks! I'm on the Magic and after reading so many rave reviews of the Thermal Suite, I have been very close to splurging on it. Knowing the thalassotherapy pool is part of it will tip the scales!

We splurged on it when we sailed the Dream, it was so worth it! Enjoy your cruise also.

55 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

If your ship has a thalassotherapy pool it would include it, most ships don't have one. I was sad to discover my upcoming cruise on Celebration doesn't have it since I have a spa cabin.

It has a small jetted hot tub,not a proper thalassotherapy pool. 

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It has a small jetted hot tub,not a proper thalassotherapy pool. 

Sigh...I will try to make the most of it. When I booked spa inside cabins were only $40 pp more than a regular inside so I will fit sure  get $80 worth lol.

6 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Sigh...I will try to make the most of it. When I booked spa inside cabins were only $40 pp more than a regular inside so I will fit sure  get $80 worth lol.

TBH that's a no brainer upgrade even if you only use the thermal suite for one day. 

1 hour ago, wrightkj said:

The Magic's spa facility is excellent, and yes, access to the thalassotherapy pool is included with the spa pass or for folks staying in a spa cabin.

2 hours ago, wrightkj said:

The pool is in the same area as the Thermal Suites.  

We splurged on the pass on our Panorama cruise this past February. I got up and walked the track and then we hit the thermal spa every morning. It was a nice way to start the day. The heated beds are nice but people would kinda hog them, put towels on them and go to something else. I don’t get it but wasn’t about to make a fuss. I really liked the steam rooms. 

35 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The pool is in the same area as the Thermal Suites.  

Depends on the ship. On the Excel class the thermal suite is nowhere near the pool. It's 

on Deck 5 and the Lido Deck is 16.

4 hours ago, wrightkj said:

Just a heads up.  On my Bermuda sailing on the Magic last Labor Day weekend, they oversold the thermal suite passes and it was a zoo in there every time we attempted it.  Forget sea days.  It was also bad at the port days as well all hours as we tried multiple times.  I had never encountered this and was pretty annoyed.  Hopefully it has changed.

Edited by jean87510

5 hours ago, wrightkj said:

The Magic, Dream, and Breeze are the only ships I would splurge on this, and YES it's worth it on those ships! The T-pool is included and is the best!

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Depends on the ship. On the Excel class the thermal suite is nowhere near the pool. It's 

on Deck 5 and the Lido Deck is 16.

The spa pool...whatever they cal it...this is Mardi Gras.  The Thermal Suites are to the left

20230513_123928.jpg

29 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Just a heads up.  On my Bermuda sailing on the Magic last Labor Day weekend, they oversold the thermal suite passes and it was a zoo in there every time we attempted it.  Forget sea days.  It was also bad at the port days as well all hours as we tried multiple times.  I had never encountered this and was pretty annoyed.  Hopefully it has changed.

I have encountered this at times, so I to go when others are getting ready for dinner or are eating.  Around 5:30, it was usually empty.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The spa pool...whatever they cal it...this is Mardi Gras.  The Thermal Suites are to the left

20230513_123928.jpg

Ok I thought you were referring to the main lido Deck pool. I've been to the thermal suite on both the MardiGras and Celebration numerous times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

I have encountered this at times, so I to go when others are getting ready for dinner or are eating.  Around 5:30, it was usually empty.  

We had 6 of us trying and we gave up day 4.  It was really crowded constantly.  Plus people had bluetooth speakers in there at 1 point per my daughter and her BF and were dancing AND had drinks with them.  My daughter took a video as she said no one would believe this!  We laugh about it now.  And yes, we did mention the obvious over the limit to the spa desk but they did nothing.  

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

We had 6 of us trying and we gave up day 4.  It was really crowded constantly.  Plus people had bluetooth speakers in there at 1 point per my daughter and her BF and were dancing AND had drinks with them.  My daughter took a video as she said no one would believe this!  We laugh about it now.  And yes, we did mention the obvious over the limit to the spa desk but they did nothing.  

That's ridiculous and I would have called them out on it. 

• Like 1

One of the beauties of the spa access is using the showers.  They are larger than most cabin showers, especially if a handicapped shower is helpful for you.  You don’t steam up your room, use up all your towels, get in each there’s way as you prepare for the evening, and it’s just plain nice!  I love to shower and then sit in the sauna to let my hair dry and my skin get all warm and soft.  In my experience, there are not usually many women I. The sauna so it’s nice to stretch out and relax.

the heated loungers are heaven if you have some achey breaky parts and especially on a cold weather cruise.   Dang!  Now that’s all I’m going to think about this evening! 🤭

And whenever people misbehave or disregard spa etiquette, I am not shy about nicely reporting it to the spa, preferably a manager if one is on duty.   Sometimes they roll their eyes and do nothing.  That’s when I remind them that I’m Diamond and ask for a pen so I can write down her name.  Yeh, I’m a witch at times, but this isn’t supposed to be a drunken gab fest or frat party in the spa.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 9:31 AM, Elaine5715 said:

The nap on the seated loungers is worth it! 

I have to admit the heat loungers is what influenced us to buy the passes well in advance of our Mardi Gras sailing next April. 

• Like 2

I went ahead and got the pass and I'm so excited! I'm a solo traveler and a very early riser, so I think I will get good use of it early morning. I've got some significant arthritis/balance issues, and with the amount I'll be walking on the ship and excursions I know my body will thank me for it. 

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wrightkj said:

I went ahead and got the pass and I'm so excited! I'm a solo traveler and a very early riser, so I think I will get good use of it early morning. I've got some significant arthritis/balance issues, and with the amount I'll be walking on the ship and excursions I know my body will thank me for it. 

I think using the salt sauna and spa whirlpool really helped my knee, recovering from meniscus tear surgery and relieved the Baker's cyst in the same knee.  My nighttime discomfort level that was significant precruise and to mid cruise, is now gone.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, wrightkj said:

I think yu will enjoy the loungers.  The spa doesn’t open until 8, I think, so if you are a planning to watch the sunrise from your lounger you may be disappointed 🤭

I wake up the rooster most days so I’m always eagerly awaiting the spa’s opening.  So nice to warm my joints early in the day. And the thalassotherapy is heavenly after you’ve been on your feet all day.  

enjoy!

• Like 1