AARP Rewards eGift Cards

Uncle Sugar

Can I use the gift card if I book on-line with Princess?  Is there a place in the payment section to enter the GC info?

I was just looking at a 3 day California coastal that the fare comes to $490. Do you know what happens to the leftover $10.

1 minute ago, Alaska05 said:

I was just looking at a 3 day California coastal that the fare comes to $490. Do you know what happens to the leftover $10.

The leftover $10 stays on the gift card.  If you want, you can load it to your onboard account when you are actually on the cruise.

On 6/3/2023 at 1:31 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I just checked and the Princess Gift Card purchase options are definitely gone. Thanks for the heads up and for letting us know the why.  😁

They are back… I bought one yesterday- however, they are now only an 8% savings whereas before they were 10%. I bought a $500 gift card and it was $460. 

25 minutes ago, northwestbear said:

They are back… I bought one yesterday- however, they are now only an 8% savings whereas before they were 10%. I bought a $500 gift card and it was $460. 

Thanks. That was of course back in June and it was only gone for a few days. But to be honest, 8% is just fine with us. Sure, 10% is better, but as they say, beggars can’t be choosy. 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, northwestbear said:

You are repeating what others have already said.  Please read the most recent threads in a post before commenting.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

Can I use the gift card if I book on-line with Princess?  Is there a place in the payment section to enter the GC info?

If you book directly with PCL, in the website, you should see an option, CC, GC etc.

Or, if you book with a TA/CVP they will take the GC as payment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Has it been posted where you find it on the website because I couldn’t find anything for Princess?

Tom🤔

Are you asking where you find it on the AARP website?

If so, 

From post #222:

"Go to AARP Rewards, click on Discover, click Redeem, click on All Rewards, and then scroll down until you see the Princess gift cards.  You may have to establish an AARP Rewards account and then login to AARP Rewards to do this, I am not sure because I have had an AARP Rewards account for a long time."

If that's not your question....maybe ask again a little more clearly?

17 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Are you asking where you find it on the AARP website?

If so, 

From post #222:

"Go to AARP Rewards, click on Discover, click Redeem, click on All Rewards, and then scroll down until you see the Princess gift cards.  You may have to establish an AARP Rewards account and then login to AARP Rewards to do this, I am not sure because I have had an AARP Rewards account for a long time."

If that's not your question....maybe ask again a little more clearly?

I've been a AARP member for a long time as well.  I'll go to that post.  Thanks!

Tom

Can I buy more than 5 Princess gift cards at one time or can I make multiple purchases?

If I buy 9 gift cards I will have saved $360.  How will I know which gift card if I have any credit on?

Tom

Edited by trbarton

23 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Can I buy more than 5 Princess gift cards at one time or can I make multiple purchases?

If I buy 9 gift cards I will have saved $360.  How will I know which gift card if I have any credit on?

Tom

There is a limit of 5 cards per person per month, whether you buy 100 or 500 denominations.  If you wish to buy 9 cards, then you could buy 5 on 8/31 and 4 on 9/1.   

14 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

There is a limit of 5 cards per person per month, whether you buy 100 or 500 denominations.  If you wish to buy 9 cards, then you could buy 5 on 8/31 and 4 on 9/1.   

Yes.  If you have a spouse or significant other, open a second AARP Rewards account for them.  I set up separate accounts for myself, my wife, my sister-in-law, and her husband.

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:38 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Then turn the Princess cards into members only purchase and leave it at 10% just like Carnival.  This way if anyone wishes to get the Princess cards they need to pony up for a membership.

I just did a search & didn't see Princess listed as members only unless I missed something,

Tom

32 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Yes.  If you have a spouse or significant other, open a second AARP Rewards account for them.  I set up separate accounts for myself, my wife, my sister-in-law, and her husband.

Yes, my DH and I both have accounts.  Didn't want to spread the news since if it becomes more popular with non members buying the cards, the discount could possibly drop to 5%

4 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I just did a search & didn't see Princess listed as members only unless I missed something,

Tom

No,  Carnival is members only.  I was just venting about the discount reduction from 10% to 8% with the Princess purchase.  Just when I'm about to buy over $15,000 in cards, the discount changes, costing me $300.00.  It stinks, but it is what it is.

7 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

Just a heads up for people doing this.

DH has had an AARP account for many years so we had just been buying through his account.

After someone on here suggested setting the spouse up as a separate account under AARP Rewards, I did that. It happened that I did it at the end of June and purchased a couple gift cards ($500) under my name in addition to the 5 we had bought in June under DHs account. When it became July, I started buying again (because I was coming up on a final payment). The purchases on my account apparently triggered a security alert. They processed one of them and then sent me an email to call them. They were very nice and just verified my information. It did cause a delay of a few days before those last gift cards came through. So, just be advised that you might want to step a bit slowly after you set up a new account.....

😉

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just a heads up for people doing this.

DH has had an AARP account for many years so we had just been buying through his account.

After someone on here suggested setting the spouse up as a separate account under AARP Rewards, I did that. It happened that I did it at the end of June and purchased a couple gift cards ($500) under my name in addition to the 5 we had bought in June under DHs account. When it became July, I started buying again (because I was coming up on a final payment). The purchases on my account apparently triggered a security alert. They processed one of them and then sent me an email to call them. They were very nice and just verified my information. It did cause a delay of a few days before those last gift cards came through. So, just be advised that you might want to step a bit slowly after you set up a new account.....

😉

Did you use separate CCs when purchasing the two sets of GCs in the same month? We use separate CCs when purchasing the allotted amounts each month just to make sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

No,  Carnival is members only.  I was just venting about the discount reduction from 10% to 8% with the Princess purchase.  Just when I'm about to buy over $15,000 in cards, the discount changes, costing me $300.00.  It stinks, but it is what it is.

The Carnival cards are offered side-by-side with the Princess cards.  I have purchased *both* through the Rewards program.  You do not have to be a member.

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you use separate CCs when purchasing the two sets of GCs in the same month? We use separate CCs when purchasing the allotted amounts each month just to make sure.

DW and I do the same thing, five cards each every month. We use different email addresses/accounts but do use the same credit card. Never had a problem with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Yup. Separate credit cards.

I think the issue was that I signed up, bought 5 cards and then a day or 2 later bought a couple more. You never know what the algorithms are that they are using, but it sure took me by surprise.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The Carnival cards are offered side-by-side with the Princess cards.  I have purchased *both* through the Rewards program.  You do not have to be a member.

I'm on the AARP website right now.  Carnival, Celebrity, and RCI cards are listed as Premium and members only.

Princess and Holland America cards do not have this distinction applied and can be purchased by the general public.

So I have no idea how you were possibly able to purchase members only cards if you're not a member of AARP.

12 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I'm on the AARP website right now.  Carnival, Celebrity, and RCI cards are listed as Premium and members only.

Princess and Holland America cards do not have this distinction applied and can be purchased by the general public.

So I have no idea how you were possibly able to purchase members only cards if you're not a member of AARP.

I believe the terminology is referring to being a member of the Rewards program...which is free.

• Like 1