Caribbean princess bathroom

Kitty Ellas Mom

I decided to go on a Caribbean Princess cruise in lieu of a Majestic Princess cruise. Then just now I saw a video tour showing the bathroom. Ugh, I thought I'd be getting something nicer in a balcony cabin. Have you found these baths to be ok? Mostly the small shower size is what I didn't like. But I've researched enough to know not to expect a big shower on a cruise. 

It would not have made a difference in showers if you had chosen the Majestic.  Minis and higher have bathtubs.  The rest of the cabins have just a shower.

I can shower in a small space without getting the floor soaked.  My travel companions don’t seem to be able to do the same.  I’ve even added binder clips to the bottom for weight.  They still can’t manage to keep the curtains inside the rim of the shower.  

• Like 2

When it comes to bathrooms you only get a tub shower combo if you are in a mini suite or bigger. The difference between the bathrooms of the Caribbean princess and a royal class ship is I personally find the Royal househips to be nicer with the regular bathrooms with the showers as they have a little bump out of a shelf / seat / foot stool. Great place to put your foot when you need to shave your legs I usually use it to hold some of my shower toiletries.

20230319_110507.jpg

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 2

The biggest complaint I've seen people have with the regular cabin showers on ships like Caribbean and her sisters are the unadjustable shower heads. Can be a deal breaker for many. I also don't remember if showers on this ship have a little ledge for shaving (photo from Jeter shows what you could've expected from Majestic). Otherwise, Princess bathroom design for balconies and insides have hardly changed for decades (a new design is only just coming next year with Sun).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

The biggest complaint I've seen people have with the regular cabin showers on ships like Caribbean and her sisters are the unadjustable shower heads. Can be a deal breaker for many. I also don't remember if showers on this ship have a little ledge for shaving (photo from Jeter shows what you could've expected from Majestic). Otherwise, Princess bathroom design for balconies and insides have hardly changed for decades (a new design is only just coming next year with Sun).

Oh yes! The adjustable shower heads are a dream. 🥰. I'm very excited for the sphere class and the bathrooms having beautiful glass doors, not that the curtain bothers me.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

Post #4 is a photo on a Royal Class ship. The Caribbean Princess balcony category cabin does not have the small foot rest shown in the lower left and does not have a hand held shower head. I have found Caribbean Princess & other Grand Class ship's showers to be functional. You should get along fine. There are also two wall hung pump containers in the shower. One contains shampoo/conditioner combo and the other soap. This is the same on all Princess ships. If you require special shampoo & conditioner you should bring it with you. We often bring along some bar soap. There are three small corner shelves by the sink which can hold tooth paste & brush, mouth wash, shave cream and other items.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

When it comes to bathrooms you only get a tub shower combo if you are in a mini suite or bigger. The difference between the bathrooms of the Caribbean princess and a royal class ship is I personally find the Royal househips to be nicer with the regular bathrooms with the showers as they have a little bump out of a shelf / seat / foot stool. Great place to put your foot when you need to shave your legs I usually use it to hold some of my shower toiletries.

20230319_110507.jpg

Plus a removable shower head!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

I did ask for a removable shower head on the Crown recently and was able to get it installed once on the ship. I needed it for medical issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

This is a snapshot of our bathroom in Caribbean Princess in Jan 2022. We found it to be acceptable as it is a cruise ship, plus surprised we had a tub

image.thumb.jpeg.691135f3fb4cb6a56d84b96360f30ae1.jpeg

This is in a minisuite. Not a balcony.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

I did ask for a removable shower head on the Crown recently and was able to get it installed once on the ship. I needed it for medical issues.

Good to know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I decided to go on a Caribbean Princess cruise in lieu of a Majestic Princess cruise. Then just now I saw a video tour showing the bathroom. Ugh, I thought I'd be getting something nicer in a balcony cabin. Have you found these baths to be ok? Mostly the small shower size is what I didn't like. But I've researched enough to know not to expect a big shower on a cruise. 

I've sailed interior-balcony on 7 different mainstream lines. 

No difference between interior & balcony bathrooms.

And they are all more alike than different--pretty much all the showers are fairly small.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KKB said:

I've sailed interior-balcony on 7 different mainstream lines. 

No difference between interior & balcony bathrooms.

And they are all more alike than different--pretty much all the showers are fairly small.

I’ve only sailed three lines, but my experience has been the same.  You’re either comfortable taking a shower in a phone booth, or you’re comfortable paying a lot of money for something bigger and better.  I have not been in an “accessible” cabin.  That might be an opportunity for the OP.

• Like 1

Just now, BamaVol said:

I’ve only sailed three lines, but my experience has been the same.  You’re either comfortable taking a shower in a phone booth, or you’re comfortable paying a lot of money for something bigger and better.  I have not been in an “accessible” cabin.  That might be an opportunity for the OP.

Yeah our suite had a huge tub/shower...not a fan of stepping into a tub to shower on a rocky ship!

We have had accessible cabins. Shower is bigger but water goes EVERYWHERE. We had to use towers to create a ledge at the edge of the shower...imperfect science to be sure. Seems accessible rooms used to be easier to get--we look the week before sailing to see if any are available & then call to change if there are.

• Like 1

Yes, showers on most ships are small unless you get a mini suite or suite.  I have large family members, son and grandson, 6'1 and 6'3 and well over 200 lbs.  They seem to do just fine getting a shower on the Caribbean Princess.  Is it as big as they would like, no but does the job.

• Like 1