Returning to Cruising!

Tracey and I (Dennis) have decided to return to cruising after a 5 year break!

I have a few questions from the "Old salties" But now in our 60,s with 11 cruises behind us have decided a few future cruises may be the way to go!

• Like 3

Welcome back. I'm 75 and have packed 3 cruises into the last 9 months to get my sea legs back, including my first solo cruise, 24 days from Seattle to Sydney. Loved every minute of it. Get back on board and enjoy the fun of ship life once again.🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Welcome back Den,

Most of us had a couple of years enforced break during that time. Have you set your sights on anything yet?

Looking at the Indonesian Adventure out of Freo but balconies are very limited! I dont mind smaller ships. I did this cruise in the past and really liked it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snowgums said:

Welcome back. I'm 75 and have packed 3 cruises into the last 9 months to get my sea legs back, including my first solo cruise, 24 days from Seattle to Sydney. Loved every minute of it. Get back on board and enjoy the fun of ship life once again.🙂

Welcome back Den   We are in our mid 80's and have managed 7 cruises since it reopened after covid.   Just go with the flow and if in a crowd wear a mask your choice now but sometimes a good idea 

• Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, icat2000 said:

Welcome back. We have done four cruises since everything started back and have four more booked with the next one due to go in August 2023.

Well done Sarah. From Melbourne?

Welcome back to cruising! I've managed to fit in 5 cruises since resumption but all pretty basic trips from Brisbane, and only one upcoming. I'm looking forward to heading further afield at some point but probably still at least a year away for that 😩

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Welcome back.

We went a bit crazy after the restart last year so have done 7 cruises since then (oops!) and have five more booked.

I still smile when I think of you returning to Sydney after all your cruises to return for yet another cruise when you saw the Sydney weather.  I had been visiting Sydney during that period so understood your feelings, "oh no still raining"!

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I still smile when I think of you returning to Sydney after all your cruises to return for yet another cruise when you saw the Sydney weather.  I had been visiting Sydney during that period so understood your feelings, "oh no still raining"!

Yes, it was kinda funny, especially when we booked the last Coral one, the Round Australia cruise. We were sitting up in the Sanctuary enjoying the warmth as we cruised back to soggy Sydney. I was crunching numbers in a spreadsheet on my phone and they worked. Then we just looked at each other, said "shall we do it?", and raced down to the Future Cruise Sales office and booked it. 

After all, we were just making up for lost time! 🤣🤣😪

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it was kinda funny, especially when we booked the last Coral one, the Round Australia cruise. We were sitting up in the Sanctuary enjoying the warmth as we cruised back to soggy Sydney. I was crunching numbers in a spreadsheet on my phone and they worked. Then we just looked at each other, said "shall we do it?", and raced down to the Future Cruise Sales office and booked it. 

After all, we were just making up for lost time! 🤣🤣😪

Oh yes, you certainly made up for lost time.  Impressive!

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh yes, you certainly made up for lost time.  Impressive!

It helped that Coral is one of the nicest ships we've been on. Cosy yet spacious enough not to feel crowded most of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...