Wedding Invite

EL Pitman

I am so excited to be invited to my niece's wedding!  I received the invitation yesterday and it states "Formal Attire Requested".  My husband groaned & whined.  I shouted with joy.  Why?  I get a new ELEGANT NIGHT GOWN!!!!!!  I'll wear it on the Valor, Nov 4th!!!!!!  Shopping for it tomorrow!  I'll be so pretty!  🙂 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Women have zero idea re. male overheating

when adorned in out-of-context Euro-costuming

originally designed (and necessary for) un-heated castles.

No wonder he groaned. She just wanna look pretty!

• Haha 1

1. Update!!  It is VERY elegant!  Totally not me, but Hubby says I can pull it off.  And it will travel well, meaning it will take up little space without wrinkles...  and everything is covered!  Thank you all so much for all the laughs!!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EL Pitman said:
  1. Update!!  It is VERY elegant!  Totally not me, but Hubby says I can pull it off.  And it will travel well, meaning it will take up little space without wrinkles...  and everything is covered!  Thank you all so much for all the laughs!!

"Hubby says I can pull it off"  In public, on elegant night?  WOW!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EL Pitman said:

Is your DH packing a tux or a suit? I'm assuming you'll be flying to New Orleans.  Very exciting to have a wedding on a cruise!  I hope one of my DDs will do this👍

Actually, several years ago we were on a cruise when I spotted a couple in "formal wear". My wife and I lined up in back of them for pictures, she refused to let me take their picture, even though I explained I admired the man's jacket and wanted to get one like it. I was surprised two weeks later when the couple posted their picture on another social media group. I SWEAR this is what they wore----so if you're looking for an alternate dress El Pitman?

formal1.jpg

• Haha 2

PLEASE post a photo of your new gown! 

I am following this fun thread and I would like to see what you purchased. 

I have many cruise evening gowns, but not one would really work for a formal wedding--just too many sequins.  I would not want to compete with the bride (ha ha).  

Have a wonderful time!

3 minutes ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Darned if I can remember----it was early 2010's and I had thought it was a Carnival cruise.

I remember that thread from years ago. Yes, I believe it was a Carnival sailing