Cancelling under the old NRD Policy

prmssk

We might need to cancel a cruise booked under the NRD Policy that was in place last year.  We are still well before the cancellation schedule kicks in.  I understand there is a $100 per person cancellation fee and that we have to proactively ask for FCC for the rest of the deposit.  How long have they been taking to issue the FCC?  How quickly can it be applied to another cruise we already have booked?  We have final payment coming up on another Celebrity cruise mid-July.

If we aren't able to apply it to that cruise, how long is the FCC good for?

Does anyone have a link to the actual terms and conditions of this deposit?

I would push when cancelling to get them to apply the balance of your deposit to the other reservation or escalate the FCC for immediate processing.   If they won't do that ask that they delay final payment on your next cruise so you can use the FCC.   There shouldn't be any reason the money they already have can't be applied in a timely fashion.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, cw2go said:

Sorry you have to cancel, it's such a bummer! I just cancelled an Alaska sailing on May 26th and am still waiting. 

Patty 

It’s because another opportunity unexpectedly came up that I think is too good to pass up so in our case it’s not all bad. We are trying to weigh all our options to see if we can make it work. 

Hopefully, you will get your FCC soon. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, prmssk said:

It’s because another opportunity unexpectedly came up that I think is too good to pass up so in our case it’s not all bad. We are trying to weigh all our options to see if we can make it work. 

Hopefully, you will get your FCC soon. 

Thanks mine was because DH opted to take a retirement package, timing issues so not all bad for us  either. 😊

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prmssk said:

We might need to cancel a cruise booked under the NRD Policy that was in place last year.  We are still well before the cancellation schedule kicks in.  I understand there is a $100 per person cancellation fee and that we have to proactively ask for FCC for the rest of the deposit.  How long have they been taking to issue the FCC?  How quickly can it be applied to another cruise we already have booked?  We have final payment coming up on another Celebrity cruise mid-July.

If we aren't able to apply it to that cruise, how long is the FCC good for?

Does anyone have a link to the actual terms and conditions of this deposit?

When I cancelled I was able to get one in about 7-10 days.    On another occasion they were able to apply it directly to the new booking

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

We cancelled a cruise in July and just got our NRD FCC this week.  An expiration date of 10/4/24 is shown.  A couple of questions:

1) Did the FCCs issued under the pre-3/1/23 non refundable deposit policy always require using them within a year or should it be unlimited?

2) Does anyone know if the expiration date is a use by or sail by date?

I can call Celebrity to ask but I'd like to know what others have experienced with these FCCs before I do that.  This was to have been our first Celebrity cruise so I'm not familiar at all with their policies.  Thanks!

Only the FCCs given for covid cancellation were unlimited.   FCCs for other reasons are 1 year.   I believe they must be applied to a sailing within the year ( not sail by).  

If you then cancel the sailing after the expiry of the FCC you get nothing back even if you aren't in the penalty phase.

• Like 1