Coffee Machine in Diamond Lounges

20 hours ago, nferr said:

For me, no way I'm using a $14 drink voucher for coffee.  A nice martini or Manhattan every time!

I don't use all I receive.  No reason not to have a nice cup of coffee.  There are plenty left for a martini.  

M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I don't use all I receive.  No reason not to have a nice cup of coffee.  There are plenty left for a martini.  

M

But,but, there's only four!!  😞

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess the humor was lost...

I thought you were serious.  😀  In any case, the coffee shops makes me a great cup of decaf specialty hot coffee/Frappuccinos etc.  I even live on the edge and sometimes have a shot of alcohol added. 

42 minutes ago, nferr said:

But,but, there's only four!!  😞

Actually a lot in there get 5. It's a long way from 175 pts to 700 pinnacle. ..though I've seen pinnacle,es in there too when diamond has a better view like allure. They get 6. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Actually a lot in there get 5. It's a long way from 175 pts to 700 pinnacle. ..though I've seen pinnacle,es in there too when diamond has a better view like allure. They get 6. 

Alas, I am but a mere Diamond.  Four martini's is all they will allow me. I have been known to put a couple more on my tab...

Just now, nferr said:

Alas, I am but a mere Diamond.  Four martini's is all they will allow me. I have been known to put a couple more on my tab...

Once you hit D+ they also seem to keep giving bottles of free wine. Too many! Lol I give them away. Cant drink that much alcohol a day. I'm at 2 amenities  .. and pinnacles get to go to the free happy hour in the suite lounge. 

33 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I thought you were serious.  😀  In any case, the coffee shops makes me a great cup of decaf specialty hot coffee/Frappuccinos etc.  I even live on the edge and sometimes have a shot of alcohol added. 

Living on the edge is fun.😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Once you hit D+ they also seem to keep giving bottles of free wine. Too many! Lol I give them away. Cant drink that much alcohol a day. I'm at 2 amenities  .. and pinnacles get to go to the free happy hour in the suite lounge. 

I've cruised too much on different lines, I have about equal status to RCL with NCL, I've cruised Premier way back with the kids twice, done at least three with Carnival, HAL three times, Celebrity once, and a 12 nighter on the Queen Mary II with Cunard when it was brand new. 

Edited by nferr

4 minutes ago, nferr said:

I've cruised too much on different lines, I have about equal status to RCL with NCL, I've cruised Premier way back with the kids twice, done at least three with Carnival, HAL three times, Celebrity once, and a 12 nighter on the Queen Mary II with Cunard when it was brand new. 

I'm at 197 pts on carnival, next one I'm top at diamond. Booked 14 days for next jan. 3 on ncl, 3 on princess and also celebrity. I started with princess but they left Galveston and I switched to carnival. I was only diamond when covid hit .. I pushed pts last year on rcl to get solo discount. Added 4 legs on grandeur last minute. 

Not everyone here has been loyal to royal. I was in texas so did whatever I could drive to. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

FYI-Pinnacles do not generally get free   happy hour in the suite lounge, unless they are booked in a suite. Often Ps (not in a suite) are excluded from the lounge. If they do have suite access,  daily vouchers are to be used. Occasionally a bar tender will not charge a voucher, but that is not the official policy. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm at 197 pts on carnival, next one I'm top at diamond. Booked 14 days for next jan. 3 on ncl, 3 on princess and also celebrity. I started with princess but they left Galveston and I switched to carnival. I was only diamond when covid hit .. I pushed pts last year on rcl to get solo discount. Added 4 legs on grandeur last minute. 

Not everyone here has been loyal to royal. I was in texas so did whatever I could drive to. 

Yeah, I pretty much cruise only out of NY now since I live nearby in Connecticut. If I cruise RCL I take an Amtrak to Newark, if I cruise NCL I just take a commuter train to Manhattan. So easy and I pack light.

• Like 1

Multiple broken coffee machine occurrences might be annoying, especially if you're on a cruise and counting on a working coffee service. Although I don't know specifically how the coffee makers on those cruise ships are maintained or repaired, it's likely that there could be mechanical or technical problems that need to be handled by qualified employees. The persistent issue could be caused by a number of things, including intensive use, normal wear and tear, or unanticipated breakdowns. It is recommended to let the crew or customer service know about the problem so they may fix it and make sure passengers always have access to a dependable coffee machine.

4 hours ago, LM8324 said:

Multiple broken coffee machine occurrences might be annoying, especially if you're on a cruise and counting on a working coffee service. Although I don't know specifically how the coffee makers on those cruise ships are maintained or repaired, it's likely that there could be mechanical or technical problems that need to be handled by qualified employees. The persistent issue could be caused by a number of things, including intensive use, normal wear and tear, or unanticipated breakdowns. It is recommended to let the crew or customer service know about the problem so they may fix it and make sure passengers always have access to a dependable coffee machine.

Unfortunately when I was on the Adventure, daily a "qualified" employee attempted to fix the machine- but it never worked.  Broke down daily.  Royal needs to replace the machines.  It isn't cost effective to have daily employees (multiple) spending so much time to repair a machine that really cannot be repaired.  It was like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.  Doesn't work.  The machines could be 10-15 years old. Not to mention the guest getting annoyed.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 2:07 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Hi, we're excited to be returning to RC on the Harmony with a large family group next summer. 

We are Diamond status and I've read the list of benefits; but we're confused about the coffee options.

Don't care for Starbucks and hope not to trapse up to the big buffet to get free coffee every day.

Is there any morning coffee area lower in the ship?  Any special coffee lounge for Diamond mbrs?

Thanks for your help. 😄

23 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Hi, we're excited to be returning to RC on the Harmony with a large family group next summer. 

We are Diamond status and I've read the list of benefits; but we're confused about the coffee options.

Don't care for Starbucks and hope not to trapse up to the big buffet to get free coffee every day.

Is there any morning coffee area lower in the ship?  Any special coffee lounge for Diamond mbrs?

Thanks for your help. 😄

There is a coffee machine that will make some specialty coffees in the diamond lounge.  That is complementary to diamond members (and up), and you do not need to use the voucher.

On Harmony, the café promenade has a complimentary coffee station with coffee/decaf/tea, etc. If you want a specialty coffee from that area ( Including non-alcoholic), you will be charged one of your daily drink vouchers.

You can also order a pot of coffee from room service. Coffee/continental breakfast is complimentary. Consider a gratuity to the delivery person.

BTW-when was the last time you sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship?   Enjoy your family trip. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

There is a coffee machine that will make some specialty coffees in the diamond lounge.  That is complementary to diamond members (and up), and you do not need to use the voucher.

On Harmony, the café promenade has a complimentary coffee station with coffee/decaf/tea, etc. If you want a specialty coffee from that area ( Including non-alcoholic), you will be charged one of your daily drink vouchers.

You can also order a pot of coffee from room service. Coffee/continental breakfast is complimentary. Consider a gratuity to the delivery person.

BTW-when was the last time you sailed on a Royal Caribbean ship?   Enjoy your family trip. 

m

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, it's been awhile since we've been on RC (2012 actually).  Kids

grew up, we got older, and we moved over to Celebrity.  Find the smaller ships are more of a fit these days.  But now we've got grandkids who want to take their families on a fun cruise so naturally we suggested Royal Caribbean.  We've been out of the loop so long, we feel like "newbies" planning this cruise.  Hopefully we can get lots of answers to our questions here on Cruise Critic as we have since our very first cruise on the Star Princess in 1992! 😄

On 6/17/2023 at 7:26 AM, twangster said:

Boarded Navigator and dropped by the SL to say hello to the conceirge.  A maintenance person was there working on the coffee machine.  

This morning it worked fine.  Not sure what he did, but the SL and the DL machine are working fine.   In the DL now as it serves other DL guests as I am typing this.  

We were on Navigator in February, and it wasn’t working the entire time in the DL, although the cruise after us the DL was being used exclusively for the actors onboard for the Star Trek cruise, so on the last morning of our cruise they had someone in there working on it so it would be ready for them.  

It’s the main perk for me, of the DL, so I was not super thrilled about it.  I do wonder if there is a supply chain issue on parts for these machines, because the club lounge in two different Hyatts had the exact same issue.  

On 6/18/2023 at 6:44 PM, nferr said:

For me, no way I'm using a $14 drink voucher for coffee.  A nice martini or Manhattan every time!

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Agree!

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Why does it matter how someone wants to use their daily vouchers. 

m

They stated what works for them. I don't see anything to indicate that they care what you, me, or anyone else does with their vouchers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Why does it matter how someone wants to use their daily vouchers. 

m

What Ocean Boy said.  Especially when the coffee is generally considered to be one of the perks of the DL.  Plus $14 is about double the cost of a coffee, so I wouldn’t waste a voucher on the coffee, I would just buy it if necessary.  

On 6/9/2023 at 7:59 PM, SSPhone said:

Is it really that hard to fix a coffee machine? For the 2nd time in as many cruises the coffee machine in the diamond lounge is broken. 🤔 

Last cruise on Rhapsody and now Radiance. If you want a coffee you have to head down to deck 5. 

That machine is still broken???  It was broken on our May 4th cruise.