How much are services in the spa on an Edge class ship?

Octavias

Because my cruise is so far in the future, I can’t see a spa menu and pricing yet.  I’ve heard it is wildly more expensive than inland spas but don’t really know what that means.  A massage at my local spa is about 100-125 for an hour.  How much is a massage on board a ship?  I’m trying to decide if I should budget for something or just skip it.  I’ve also heard they hard sell their product lines.  Is that true?  Seems it would take away from the relaxation if so. 

4 hours ago, Octavias said:

I’ve also heard they hard sell their product lines.  Is that true?  Seems it would take away from the relaxation if so. 

Sadly this is true. 

We had treatments last cruise after winning vouchers to use there but those vouchers turned into more of a liability! The $100 voucher would get you pretty much nothing so I had to pay something to get a treatment, fair enough. But then at the end of a relaxing 1 hour treatment just when you're on the verge of being asleep the spa employee disappears for a few minutes and comes back with a long list of facial products that you 'definitely' need which amounted to just under $1000! Caught slightly unawares and with a hard sell, but still having some of my wits about me, I left after buying just one item, the cheapest, off the list. 

I probably won't bother with the spa again but if I did I would make clear that I've no interest in buying anything beforehand and I'd at least not be caught completely off guard at the end of the treatment!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Octavias said:

I’ve also heard they hard sell their product lines.  Is that true?

Its true but never bothered me just say no thank you and move on.  They always try to sell and its very easy say not interested etc.  I never found it intrusive or uncomfortable when they ask, all they are doing is asking and never have said anything after I said no thank you.  I do use some of the Elemis products but I do buy them elsewhere not on the ship.  The costs are definitely more than land based but not land based luxury spas in resorts or hotels in the US.  Prices then are about the same.  I always get 1 or 2 spa treatments, its a vacation Im going to enjoy it to the fullest.  

• Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 6/13/2023 at 8:18 PM, Octavias said:

Because my cruise is so far in the future, I can’t see a spa menu and pricing yet.  I’ve heard it is wildly more expensive than inland spas but don’t really know what that means.  A massage at my local spa is about 100-125 for an hour.  How much is a massage on board a ship?  I’m trying to decide if I should budget for something or just skip it.  I’ve also heard they hard sell their product lines.  Is that true?  Seems it would take away from the relaxation if so. 

My S.O. and I did nine spa sessions on Beyond earlier this year, two of them couples massages.

I think the pricing was fine. Sure, more than shoreside and it won't be like a day spa in Santa Barbara, but you know that going in.

It's a very comfortable space. No one tried any hard upsell on anything. We went right in every time we showed up.

Not sure what stateroom type you are in, but I requested our butler to confirm reservations and to let spa staff know that we would need no extras.

That seemed to work well.

Enjoy it.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Prices are high but typical for X,  they do a good job,, Not persuaded by hard sells but I usually  buy one small item at each service.

The pre cruise discount pricing does  not always apply for decent times,,..many best prices are offered at night   

I just pre booked 3 on Ascent...for Jan 2024

SWEDISH MASSAGE 50 min ,,Sea day...off peak price 8 a.m. $158.10 incl grat

ELEMIS PRO- COLLAGEN AGE DEFY FACIAL.sea day off peak price..$179.34 inc grat.

KERASTASE ELIXIR ULT 24 Carat RITUAL.. $62.52..w/ grat  (Blow Out will be extra if I  get it.,hair comes out very smooth!)

Was hard to find on website (of course!)..click in My Cruise and options pop up.

E N J O Y!

• Like 1