Tender timing Navigator in Catalina?

Booked parasailing for 11:15 just wondering how tendering in Catalina usually goes?  Will I need a tender ticket at that time of day?   Ship is scheduled to be in port at 8am tender ticket distribution starts at 8:30?  

We were just on Navigator last week.  Our excursion ticket for Catalina also indicated that it was our tender ticket so we didn't need to get an additional ticket.  We went down about an hour or so before our tour and maybe had about a 15-20 minute wait to board the tender.  I would assume that if you booked an excursion outside of Royal, this would not be the case.  Our tour was later than yours, so I do agree with those above, the earlier the better for the ticket if needed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattR said:

Booked parasailing for 11:15 just wondering how tendering in Catalina usually goes?  Will I need a tender ticket at that time of day?   Ship is scheduled to be in port at 8am tender ticket distribution starts at 8:30?  

you booked this through a 3rd party, not through Royal?  Then yes, you'd need to get a tender ticket. It can be a slow process as anyone who booked excursions through Royal, anyone in a suite and anyone with The Key, will be ahead of you (and those groups don't need tender tickets).  After all of those people are off, they'll start calling the group numbers.  It can also be a very long line to get the tickets as well.  

Do you need tender tickets for the entire day or only the first couple hours?  May reschedule the tour till later.  Thought two hours would be plenty of time for them to get most people off. Yes this is a private tour.

Around 4,000 passengers with about 3,400 getting off. Priority for a lot of tenders for ship’s tours.  The boats line up at the ship but the ship can only debark folks so fast through two exits. Also most of of the boats don’t carry 50 folks. 

Was there in May.  Got a tender ticket at about 9 am and did not get on the tender until just before noon and that was ticket group 25 or so.  They were initially down one tender boat - 3 instead of 4 so it probably took a little longer.  Each tender holds about 250 people, when I asked the crew running them.  Lesson learned for next time, get there much earlier to get tickets.

Edited by Marty McFly
text edit

2 hours ago, Marty McFly said:

Was there in May.  Got a tender ticket at about 9 am and did not get on the tender until just before noon and that was ticket group 25 or so.  They were initially down one tender boat - 3 instead of 4 so it probably took a little longer.  Each tender holds about 250 people, when I asked the crew running them.  Lesson learned for next time, get there much earlier to get tickets.

Thanks for the first account knowledge.  I moved our booking till mid afternoon that way I don't have to worry about getting ashore on time and will just end the day with our tour instead. Last tender is at 5pm. 

15 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

It took us approximately 30 minutes from ship to shore.

* Navigator anchored off Catalina...taken from up the hill by the bell tower.

IMG_4703.jpg

Thanks