Free seaday brunch drink

Crusin Karen

Last I remember there was a red ticket for a free drink left in your cabin.  We didn't do the brunch but collected our free drink from a hostess at the entrance.  I never got my free drink past 2 cruises because I had no idea how to redeem.  What's the procedure now?  TIA 

8 hours ago, lasekeye said:

It’s not necessary to use the free drink at Brunch…that’s our experience, but it —must—be used on the last sea day….you can go to any bar on that day/evening to claim.

Must be used on that last sea day and no other day.

Never understood the restrictions.
It's like they hope you forget it
so they won't have to give it to you, at all.

Are they that scrimping? Surely not.

• Like 1

We have received our free drink on any day brunch is offered, even on our first sea day. We stop by the dining room and just ask for our drink at the check in desk. They will bring someone over for you so you can order. Has this changed?

2 hours ago, mar214 said:

We have received our free drink on any day brunch is offered, even on our first sea day. We stop by the dining room and just ask for our drink at the check in desk. They will bring someone over for you so you can order. Has this changed?

not according to carnival website

Complimentary beverage at Seaday Brunch
Redeemable in the dining room; On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage at will be offered at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room

4 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Must be used on that last sea day and no other day.

Never understood the restrictions.
It's like they hope you forget it
so they won't have to give it to you, at all.

Are they that scrimping? Surely not.

Likely crunched some numbers to find scenarios that were most cost-effective. While my opinion may not speak for everyone, the last sea day at brunch is not even in my top 10 of times I would want a drink on a cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When and where you redeem your free drink is a function of your VIFP level.  For Gold it is at any bar after 5pm on the last evening of the cruise of 5 days or longer. 

For Platinum and Diamond it is at any Seaday brunch.   On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage at will be offered at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TomCruise48 said:

When and where you redeem your free drink is a function of your VIFP level.  For Gold it is at any bar after 5pm on the last evening of the cruise of 5 days or longer. 

For Platinum and Diamond it is at any Seaday brunch.   On ships where brunch is not available, a complimentary beverage at will be offered at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room

Thank you!  I was just coming to say this!

We were just on the Pride where we turned gold from red   was told we get a free water so we did.  Then in the theater on the last night ordered two drinks.  Said I was eligible but hubby wasn't be ause he redeemed the water.  He went to guest services and they gave him a voucher and was able to get the cocktail .

• Haha 1

Since we are talking about it, I guess being gold for so long, my wife and I were just use to getting one free drink the entire cruise.

Swapped to platinum last cruise and that gal at guest services said you get a free drink every sea day brunch, (for platinums) but we did not realize that.

Has that been anyone's experience?

Edited by drolltroll
Clarity

3 hours ago, drolltroll said:

Since we are talking about it, I guess being gold for so long, my wife and I were just use to getting one free drink the entire cruise.

Swapped to platinum last cruise and that gal at guest services said you get a free drink every sea day brunch, (for platinums) but we did not realize that.

Has that been anyone's experience?

No....that was incorrect info.

• Like 1