Oosterdam cabin question please

Vineyard View

We have not sailed on HAL for a good while since the smaller ships were sold. We are looking at possibilities to return to the Mediterranean next year and there is an itinerary on Oosterdam that is similar to another cruise that we have booked with a different, smaller ship. We sailed in a Neptune before and thoroughly enjoyed that experience. We have not sailed in a HAL signature suite. There are two Neptune cabins available aft. Both positioned the same with one deck difference. 7151 Is one of them. I cannot tell from the schematic if this location is a true aft balcony or a side balcony. I also am not sure what is located next to it with the empty space having a circle in it. If anyone could describe what this location is like I would appreciate it. There are also mid ship available, but an aft view is something we have not experienced if that is what this suite holds. Thank you 

46 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We have not sailed on HAL for a good while since the smaller ships were sold. We are looking at possibilities to return to the Mediterranean next year and there is an itinerary on Oosterdam that is similar to another cruise that we have booked with a different, smaller ship. We sailed in a Neptune before and thoroughly enjoyed that experience. We have not sailed in a HAL signature suite. There are two Neptune cabins available aft. Both positioned the same with one deck difference. 7151 Is one of them. I cannot tell from the schematic if this location is a true aft balcony or a side balcony. I also am not sure what is located next to it with the empty space having a circle in it. If anyone could describe what this location is like I would appreciate it. There are also mid ship available, but an aft view is something we have not experienced if that is what this suite holds. Thank you 

This is an aft wrap cabin. A large, long L-shaped deck. The view from the cabin is aft.There is no space next to the cabin - I suspect that the 'circle' that you can see is the symbol for a triple room capacity - king bed that can be made into two singles and a sofa bed.

(goggle a site that has 'HAL facts' for photos of these cabins and verandas)

Edited by colbe

Thank you. That might be nice to have.  Not sure if balcony would be larger and more useful Midship than L shape, but surely a good view from this one. I will Google it because it would be nice to see the cabin layout on this. 
BTW -  - we loved our time in Aotearoa a number of years ago on a land trip. We hope to visit again someday. 

• Like 1

I just looked at a utube video from 2022 of this cabin. There was a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice. She pulled it out. Never heard of it so googled it. Retail $15. Hmmmm, in a Neptune suite. That surprised me. Thanks for the tip on looking at this specific suite. The balcony was interesting but it answered my questions. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

...there is an itinerary on Oosterdam that is similar to another cruise that we have booked ...7151 Is one of them.

We don't have to flirt around with recommending the HalFacts galleries anymore. There are three different cruisers' pics (on a sister ship) here:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/7151-zuiderdam-s/

and one more on a different Vista Class ship, here:

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/7151-westerdam/

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you. They do not completely look the same. The side balcony has no furniture on the Westerdam and it shows a tub/shower plus a small separate shower. Whereas the Zuiderdam shows loungers on the narrow side balcony and I am seeing only a tub/shower combo. The rest appears to be the same. So both of these reply’s are very helpful. Thank you

The balcony furniture can be moved wherever you want.  The bathrooms are the same...one jetted tub with shower over and one stand alone (smallish, but my "round" self fits if needed!) shower.

I think those rooms look great!  Only thing is if you don't like the walk all the way forward to the Crow's Nest or Spa/Gym or that it's further to the Neptune Lounge than midship cabins.

I also refer to the website cruise deck plans often.  It's linked below.

Oosterdam Deck Plans, Layouts, Pictures, Videos (cruisedeckplans.com)

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

18 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I just looked at a utube video from 2022 of this cabin. There was a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice. She pulled it out. Never heard of it so googled it. Retail $15. Hmmmm, in a Neptune suite. That surprised me. ....

A Neptune Suite gives you significant real estate and some exclusive amenities, but it is not a premium deluxe total experience if this is what you are expecting.  

You can exchange your "cheap champagne" (Prosecco?) for another item, but Veuve Cliquot it will not be. We love the spaciousness of Neptunes and the ease of getting daily items being close to the Neptune Lounge.

We find we spend more time in the cabin when we have them, because we love the space. But beyond that, the extra benefits will be somewhat limited. Have you been in top end suites on other cruise lines - if so,  that will make a standard for comparison on what to expect from HAL Neptune Suites.

We have actually sailed in a Neptune on the old HAL Ryndam. We loved the experience. We’ve sailed in PV several times on Viking (not as large but lovely), and just completed a wonderful cruise on Seabourn which was top end at all levels.  

That bottle was actually a sparkling wine, PLO Clement. I just looked it up. I can get it for anywhere from $5.99- $14.97. A Prosecco could be a step up, but I still feel that finding this in a Neptune Suite is quite disappointing- - and yes, I would expect to pay for VC. 

That said, I agree that having this kind of space is a luxury and it is a great way to travel, which is why I looked at the possibility   I just wasn’t sure how the layout of a wrap around would look like. Thank you for your input and thoughts. I sincerely appreciate it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I just wasn’t sure how the layout of a wrap around would look like. Thank you for your input and thoughts. I sincerely appreciate it. 

On our recent cruise we had an aft wrap balcony on Nieuw Statendam. When we arrived there were 4 chairs w/dinning table, and 2 chairs with an ottoman and cocktail table. There were not any lounge chairs, so we asked the room steward about that and he had 2 delivered to the room. We moved the balcony furniture around depending on wind and sun conditions.

• Like 2

On the Oosterdam and I think all the Vista class ships, deck 5 aft-wrap Neptunes have HUGE balconies (can fit 40 people on them).  My second choice would be deck 7 aft-wraps as this is the deck the Neptune Lounge is on (also the majority of the regular Neptunes).    Having said this, the aft-wraps are a bit smaller cabins than the other Neptunes, plus it is a long walk to most things on the ship (except for the MDR and seaview pool).

The aft-wrap Neptunes on the other classes of HAL ships differ in size from the Vistas.

Edited by DaveOKC

22 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

On the Oosterdam and I think all the Vista class ships, deck 5 aft-wrap Neptunes have HUGE balconies (can fit 40 people on them).  My second choice would be deck 7 aft-wraps as this is the deck the Neptune Lounge is on (also the majority of the regular Neptunes).    Having said this, the aft-wraps are a bit smaller cabins than the other Neptunes, plus it is a long walk to most things on the ship (except for the MDR and seaview pool).

The aft-wrap Neptunes on the other classes of HAL ships differ in size from the Vistas.

Hi Dave. I have an aft Neptune deck 5 on the oosterdam coming up. Is the cabin much smaller than a midship Neptune?  I welcome getting in all the extra steps I can so distance is not a problem. Thank you

15 hours ago, Cheekyrn1 said:

Hi Dave. I have an aft Neptune deck 5 on the oosterdam coming up. Is the cabin much smaller than a midship Neptune?  I welcome getting in all the extra steps I can so distance is not a problem. Thank you

The cabin is a bit smaller.  It really is not much IMO and did not bother me at all.  You will love the huge balcony.