Never seen so many unhappy people on RCCL Cruise - Anthem out of UK

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Tell me you don’t understand the business model without telling me you don’t understand the business model. 

I know the business model better than you do I used to supply bars for one of the world largest brewers. That’s why I know the costs and the prices are out of control now. It’s pure profiteering and it will eventually backfire. Just like the 18 UDP sales they made on 4000 to 5000 guests. That’s 9 cabins on UDP lol. Royal saved me £1300 by putting the price of the package so high I didn’t buy it for the first time ever. 

How much profit do you think they made  on me this year? I used FCC and diamond drinks and didn’t miss the package. If the UDP is £455 I’ll never buy that again either. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

In your first post you said you were told this. Now you are repeating it. Where is this ranking of cruise ships that you refer to?

came directly from a member of their staff on board. This is why so many staff were like they were walking on egg shells the whole cruise. 

they are under massive pressure to get better scores it’s the first cruise I’ve seen staff behave like this and it’s clearly a problem for them. 

Just now, Pandamonia said:

came directly from a member of their staff on board. This is why so many staff were like they were walking on egg shells the whole cruise. 

they are under massive pressure to get better scores it’s the first cruise I’ve seen staff behave like this and it’s clearly a problem for them. 

So there is no ranking as you twice claimed, just heresay. Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, goldfish65 said:

May want to check the reviews on MSC and P&O out of the UK, on their cruises you would see even more unhappy people. I added some new adjectives to my vocabulary, reading them. 

well my dad was on MSC last year and said it was great. All inclusive deal and balcony for the price of a royal balcony only. 

I was on P&O in feb out of Tenerife on an older ship and I paid £500 for the room including the flight. Quite honestly for that price I expected very little and found the food better and the service about the same as royals. Just older ship but at least we always had sun beds 

• Like 2

Just now, meadowlander said:

So there is no ranking as you twice claimed, just heresay. Thanks for the clarification.

yes the 10 year royal staff member just made it up for fun and denigrated his own ship for nothing more than shiz and giggles. 

makes sense

4 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

yes the 10 year royal staff member just made it up for fun and denigrated his own ship for nothing more than shiz and giggles. 

makes sense

Makes about as much sense as a 10 year staff member sharing negative statistics to a customer. 

You lose credibility with every post 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

makes sense

More sensical than your original post. Never saw a shortage of loungers on my 7 Anthem cruises. Had difficulty finding seating in the shade on those cruises. I have also endured the same production shows for more than 8 years without whining about it after every cruise.

Yet you will endure such hardship, suffering and pain in the future all for up to $56 in free drink. Yes, that makes sense.😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sgmn said:

UK only has one RC ship from one port for six months of the year.  

Barcelona, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, etc. Are all pretty close. Civicivetchia isn't far either

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Really does doesn’t he.

Must have got off a totally different anthem that I just have.

Or maybe I got better service because I wasn’t determined to moan about everything and treat the crew with utter contempt?

Oh and MSC is garbage.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Makes about as much sense as a 10 year staff member sharing negative statistics to a customer. 

You lose credibility with every post 

I’m just repeating what I was told. It also matches my own and others experience on board. If they told me they was top 3 I’d have thought he was lying. 

15 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Which generates complaints from the UK 12 months of the year!

To be fair most of the threads/posts about European cruises are during the months May to October. You very rarely hear about European cruises outside these times because Royal Caribbean doesn't have a year round presence in Europe. 

The vast majority of posts, both positive and negative, on CC are from Americans as that's where most of their ships sail from year round. 

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

To be fair most of the threads/posts about European cruises are during the months May to October. You very rarely hear about European cruises outside these times because Royal Caribbean doesn't have a year round presence in Europe. 

The vast majority of posts, both positive and negative, on CC are from Americans as that's where most of their ships sail from year round. 

I think I read 75% of Royals customers are from North America

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Barcelona, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, etc. Are all pretty close. Civicivetchia isn't far either

True John, and most of my cruises are from USA or Europe.  Think I've only had two cruises from Southampton. But there's a lot of people who don't want to fly for one reason or another. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ukrccl_a said:

Really does doesn’t he.

Must have got off a totally different anthem that I just have.

Or maybe I got better service because I wasn’t determined to moan about everything and treat the crew with utter contempt?

Oh and MSC is garbage.

do you work for them with their name in your username lol

corporate shills on this forum clearly are out in force. 

fact is that royal has lost 13 billion in net income in 3 years and is in debt to high heaven. Look at their net income for the previous 20 years it doesn’t even cover their recent losses. 

it’s clearly causing cost cutting and price increases and the experience is suffering. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, sgmn said:

True John, and most of my cruises are from USA or Europe.  Think I've only had two cruises from Southampton. But there's a lot of people who don't want to fly for one reason or another. 

Can you take a train to Amsterdam?

I've never sailed or visited Southampton.  Laura has, and Dover.

1 minute ago, sgmn said:

To be fair 

To be fair, all the UK complaints about Anthem and its repetitive production shows which is between May-October, it just seems like it is 12 months due to the number of complaints they have.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

I know the business model better than you do I used to supply bars for one of the world largest brewers. That’s why I know the costs and the prices are out of control now. It’s pure profiteering and it will eventually backfire. Just like the 18 UDP sales they made on 4000 to 5000 guests. That’s 9 cabins on UDP lol. Royal saved me £1300 by putting the price of the package so high I didn’t buy it for the first time ever. 

How much profit do you think they made  on me this year? I used FCC and diamond drinks and didn’t miss the package. If the UDP is £455 I’ll never buy that again either. 

If this were true, then you would know that a 400%-500% markup on alcohol in a resort setting is pretty standard. You should also be aware of the increase in the wholesale market. 

Regardless of your feelings on the costs, Royal’s per cruise revenues are eliminating Covid debt faster than any other mainstream line. They know exactly what they are doing. 

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

You can indeed - Eurostar goes direct from London to Amsterdam ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

More sensical than your original post. Never saw a shortage of loungers on my 7 Anthem cruises. Had difficulty finding seating in the shade on those cruises. I have also endured the same production shows for more than 8 years without whining about it after every cruise.

Yet you will endure such hardship, suffering and pain in the future all for up to $56 in free drink. Yes, that makes sense.😂

I guess you just ignored the other people who were in this cruise who couldn’t get sun loungers. 

$56 in free drinks? You think that’s all I get from diamond drinks? You are clearly a novice. 

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Regardless of your feelings on the costs, Royal’s per cruise revenues are eliminating Covid debt faster than any other mainstream line. They know exactly what they are doing. 

Never seen them be able to fill so many ships at such a high rate for cabins. Mightily impressive.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I see Southampton in your future !!, July 2024 to be exact.  Looking forward to hopefully meeting you and @island ladyon that leg .

And yes there are trains from London to Amsterdam as far as i know

1 minute ago, Pandamonia said:

$56 in free drinks? You think that’s all I get from diamond drinks? You are clearly a novice. 

Enlighten this novice. The value of a diamond drink is up to $14, what more are you getting?

• Haha 1