Onboard Marina Now

vlthom

1 hour ago, vlthom said:

We sat at the bar in Horizons during the party and spoke with someone who was seated next to us and on their first O cruise.  Since this was the repeaters party, I assumed that they were not really invited to the party.  I got the impression that they were there but not invited.  

Happens all the time

They do not check invites at the door

Then there are those that travel with their posse  & tell them just to come with them & push past the line up of people waiting to enter Horizons

We were also in Horizons for the repeaters party. It was crowded. It was hard to find a seat.  When we sat down, we started talking to the couple near us. Strangely enough, neither one could remember which ship or when they had sailed on Oceania. One said that they sailed in the Med. The other one said nothing. Then they left.  

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We were also in Horizons for the repeaters party. It was crowded. It was hard to find a seat.  When we sat down, we started talking to the couple near us. Strangely enough, neither one could remember which ship or when they had sailed on Oceania. One said that they sailed in the Med. The other one said nothing. Then they left.  

Speaking of which. I don’t nearly mind Newbies showing up at the Repeaters Party near as much as I do the regulars that come and won’t shut up while the OCA , or other staff, are talking! I actually enjoy listening to, and getting the multiple statistics the OCAs dole out along with other helpful information. Getting people to pipe down can sometimes almost lead to fisticuffs!

The new Vista arrangement amplified to problem. With the stage now shifted to the starboard side of Horizons, it’s difficult to hear anything on the port side.

Making the matters worse are some Platinums and above that may have already heard it all, and only came to yap and drink. 

• Like 3

Talking during a presentation is rude.  Yes, I have heard it all before.  
As a repeat guest, I appreciate the reception.  It just seemed rather crowded. There are some people who crash.  There was a posting that guest was upset that Horizons was closed for 3 private events.  If you are in the habit of going to Horizons nightly before dinner, you could wander in and get served.  It’s not right. However, it could happen.

3 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Talking during a presentation is rude.  Yes, I have heard it all before.  
As a repeat guest, I appreciate the reception.  It just seemed rather crowded. There are some people who crash.  There was a posting that guest was upset that Horizons was closed for 3 private events.  If you are in the habit of going to Horizons nightly before dinner, you could wander in and get served.  It’s not right. However, it could happen.

I don’t know what the magical number is. I’ve been on segments with 1,2, and even 3 repeater parties. There is a cut off number for nightly invites, just don’t know what it is. Plus, as mentioned there are the uninvited. Also remember that not all the uninvited are Newbies. Only Platinum and above gets invited to all the Parties. I’ve meet far more 2-<20 cruisers show up for free drinks every night.

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I don’t know what the magical number is. I’ve been on segments with 1,2, and even 3 repeater parties. There is a cut off number for nightly invites, just don’t know what it is. Plus, as mentioned there are the uninvited. Also remember that not all the uninvited are Newbies. Only Platinum and above gets invited to all the Parties. I’ve meet far more 2-<20 cruisers show up for free drinks every night.

In keeping with the spirit of Oceania's new program, they wanted Simply More free drinks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Trying to do the onboard online survey.  My spouse completed it.  I cannot get in.  Is it one survey pp or per cabin? Called reception. They are clueless.

Same has happened to us.

Per person not per cabin. Check with the computer staffer - one cruise he ended up giving us a free second login (for a day lol) to allow the second review to go through.

Whatever the answer the computer stagger should be able to help. 

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Only Platinum and above gets invited to all the Parties.

Not necessarily true. My last two cruises we've only got invited to one, although there were two parties. Or maybe they just don't like me as well. It was different OCA's each time but both cruises were on the Riviera. On other cruises we've been invited multiple times. Possibly even before we were platinum. 

Another thing they didn't do this last cruise was have some people come 15 minutes early like they historically have done. This was the first time I can remember in the last 5 years or more that they didn't do that. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Not necessarily true. My last two cruises we've only got invited to one, although there were two parties. Or maybe they just don't like me as well. It was different OCA's each time but both cruises were on the Riviera. On other cruises we've been invited multiple times. Possibly even before we were platinum. 

Maybe  you are just not "Elite"   to get info all the parties  😃

43 minutes ago, grifdoglover said:

@LHT28They don’t listen on board face to face…you think there’s a group people on that ship going through the surveys?!

The mid cruise surveys  YES

We have had some contact from management when we have  reported a problem

YMMV

They contacted me about my mid cruise comment, when they knew I would be at dinner and left a message explaining why the way they do it is right. This is not the first time I’ve had this happen. 

Edited by ORV

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

... They do not check invites at the door. Then there are those that travel with their posse & tell them just to come with them & push past the line up of people waiting to enter Horizons.

We had only one entrance to the Repeater Party on Sirena (11/2022) and we had to show our invitations. I didn't see anyone standing in line, with the line moving slowly, without an invite. People chit-chatted with the staff that were at the door monitoring the invites.

@grifdoglover

Perhaps someone on board dropped the ball regarding the Mid Cruise follow up but I can say in the past 5 years and over a dozen cruise segments sailed, we have never not been followed up with due to a critical issue on board. In fact they have followed up multiple times by multiple staffers to the same issue, especially if it was under the purview of the F and B Director. 
I recall dropping by the Concierge desk in our Lounge and he was doing follow up by a list provided him by his boss AND CALLING EVERY GUEST. They do take things seriously so if any guest has a significant issue, it is in every guests best interest if they would make the issue known, be it in the Survey or to Reception or a Concierge. There is nothing worse than a disgruntled guest, IMHO. THEY WANT YOU RETURNING, believe me.  

As for uninvited guests at the O Club Ambassador’s Party, I must say I am guilty of extending personal invitations or just having new Oceania guest friends join us in line. I will often clear it with the Ambassador before the party and have always been told it was OK to bring them along. Our new friends have been amazed at the number of guests at our Party and the numbers of cruises guests have taken.  Perhaps I get away with it because we are at the Platinum level but we did it long before we reached Platinum. Nothing to be concerned about and there is “No Secret Handshake” needed.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@grifdoglover

Perhaps someone on board dropped the ball regarding the Mid Cruise follow up but I can say in the past 5 years and over a dozen cruise segments sailed, we have never not been followed up with due to a critical issue on board. In fact they have followed up multiple times by multiple staffers to the same issue, especially if it was under the purview of the F and B Director. 
I recall dropping by the Concierge desk in our Lounge and he was doing follow up by a list provided him by his boss AND CALLING EVERY GUEST. They do take things seriously so if any guest has a significant issue, it is in every guests best interest if they would make the issue known, be it in the Survey or to Reception or a Concierge. There is nothing worse than a disgruntled guest, IMHO. THEY WANT YOU RETURNING, believe me.  

As for uninvited guests at the O Club Ambassador’s Party, I must say I am guilty of extending personal invitations or just having new Oceania guest friends join us in line. I will often clear it with the Ambassador before the party and have always been told it was OK to bring them along. Our new friends have been amazed at the number of guests at our Party and the numbers of cruises guests have taken.  Perhaps I get away with it because we are at the Platinum level but we did it long before we reached Platinum. Nothing to be concerned about and there is “No Secret Handshake” needed.

Enjoy,

Mauibabes

If we are on board you can have someone take our place, I have been to one repeaters party in 20 years and that was when I got my first pin....I was in the medical center when the GM came running in and said you have to come to Regatta Lounge you are the only couple getting a pin..so of course I left the doctor and went to get our pin.

LOL

Janceuz1

• Haha 4

If they really cared, they would let you do the survey after the cruise.  I like to take time to reflect on my experience before writing a review.  The instructions how to do the online survey was in Currents early in the cruise.  With only 2 days left in the cruise, Currents had a reminder to complete the survey.  No instructions. Instead, it said that somebody would be in the reception area at a named time. nobody was there. Asked guest relations for the instructions.  Go to Oceaniacruisereview.com , enter your guest #, password, and birthday.  Then the survey will appear.  Since my spouse completed the survey before me, I couldn’t do the survey.  After all that junk, do you really think that the survey matters?  

3 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

We had only one entrance to the Repeater Party on Sirena (11/2022) and we had to show our invitations. I didn't see anyone standing in line, with the line moving slowly, without an invite. People chit-chatted with the staff that were at the door monitoring the invites.

Well that is  a 1st

Never  had to show invites in the past  15 years of cruising on  O

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ORV said:

They contacted me about my mid cruise comment, when they knew I would be at dinner and left a message explaining why the way they do it is right. This is not the first time I’ve had this happen. 

No follow up?

We had the Executive Chef  come to our cabin (bearing gifts)   after DH complained about the scones

They did not really improve  much  but at least  they did respond 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

No follow up?

We had the Executive Chef  come to our cabin (bearing gifts)   after DH complained about the scones

They did not really improve  much  but at least  they did respond 😉

I believe ALL of your posts are what happened 4 years ago, pre Covid. Some things have obviously changed.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:18 PM, Pearl64 said:

VaniCream is for those with skin delicacies. My dermatologist recommended this brand for deodorant as I kept breaking out with others. This brand is not cheap and you have to order it online as it is not found in stores. I'm impressed that Oceania included this. As I said it is not cheap!

vani cream face lotion is available in the US at CVS.