Freedom 4. Day typical first arrival appt/ cabins ready

Haven’t sailed Royal in ages, platinum level. What is typically the earliest assigned arrival times for a short sailing out of Miami? When I went on the app, 12:30 was the earliest available at that time. Any chance earlier may open up? When are cabins ready, usually?

Any “secret” places to eat besides the buffet. On Carnival we usually go to the open specialty restaurants at the back of the buffet. Hardly anyone. There.

1 minute ago, 2wheelin said:

Haven’t sailed Royal in ages, platinum level. What is typically the earliest assigned arrival times for a short sailing out of Miami? When I went on the app, 12:30 was the earliest available at that time. Any chance earlier may open up? When are cabins ready, usually?

Any “secret” places to eat besides the buffet. On Carnival we usually go to the open specialty restaurants at the back of the buffet. Hardly anyone. There.

Doors open at 10, you go to the waiting area after checking in, and boarding normally starts at 11.  Suites/Pinnacles and Key go first, and then they order by row based on when you arrived.

18 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

Thanks all. Very helpful. Think we will just go when we have to leave hotel even if it is earlier than appointed time.

If there is an Oasis class in port that day you may be out of Terminal G instead of A. On a busy day it can take 45 minutes to get from the port entrance to terminal G.

4 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Lately cabins have been getting later and later. 1:30 to 2pm

We just got off Freedom Monday and our cabin was open at 1, luggage down the hall so I could take care of that also.

3 hours ago, RedIguana said:

If there is an Oasis class in port that day you may be out of Terminal G instead of A. On a busy day it can take 45 minutes to get from the port entrance to terminal G.

Good to know. I will check that out. 

5 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Did you check in at 45 days out to pick a arrival time? Sounds like you checked in late and earlier slots got filled.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Did you check in at 45 days out to pick a arrival time? Sounds like you checked in late and earlier slots got filled.

Made a late reservation and a few days later checked in, so yes, late to the party. Came up suddenly so hadn’t been keeping up on protocols and didn’t immediately realize checkin was earlier than Carnivals. Just so we get on the ship, but i like to explore right away