Full suite questions

Amy G

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are a couple of times you do not get express laundry.

• turn around day

• Glacier Bay

• When the steward sticks it in the wrong bin (happened once/he was so apologetic)

I have ALWAYS received it back the same day.  I do usually hand it to him the night before (on the bed) or first thing in the morning.  Even have stuck it outside my cabin door (I don't like to do this) by 7:30.   Steward has to give it to laundry before 9.  If he misses that time slot, it will not be returned that night.

I can only speak for my experiences.  Most have been on the Grand.  

Too much trouble. I can wait one more day for my laundry. Anything left outside your door is in my au when I walk down the hall just like the piles of room service plates and walkers or scooters

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Too much trouble. I can wait one more day for my laundry. Anything left outside your door is in my au when I walk down the hall just like the piles of room service plates and walkers or scooters

If, and I rarely do, I leave the laundry package outside my door, it is literally left outside my door.  I leave it inside that cut away.  I say rarely because I normally am not that functional in the morning.  

I have been known to chase down my steward to hand it to him before 9 am.

But so much easier to leave it on my bed before I go to dinner. 

• Like 1

If you order dinner from the dining room to eat in the suite make sure you ask for EVERYTHING you want. We ordered the meal, it was lovely, but did not order rolls or butter so these were not included. I can't say it was wrong, just did not think about it, so now we know we need to order anything we plan to enjoy. If you want coffee, make sure you ask for cream or milk or half and half if you want and sugar. Our food was hot, but as others have said you get everything at once, and it was a bit overwhelming to see so much stuff come at one time. But, we really enjoyed it,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EKELLEY said:

Do you get free soda in the lounge?

Yes, and there is a superautomatic espresso machine in there for you to make your own coffee drinks.  Plus, if there is a specific beverage or liquor you want stocked just ask the concierge and they will try to stock it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TCTXCruiser said:

Does anyone know what kind of shampoo and conditioner is in the suites?  I saw a picture of a bottle of shampoo and conditioner all in one. Is that what is in the suites too?  

Bring your own

3 hours ago, TCTXCruiser said:

Does anyone know what kind of shampoo and conditioner is in the suites?  I saw a picture of a bottle of shampoo and conditioner all in one. Is that what is in the suites too?  

It's the house brand, Lotus Spa.  I like it, but others may find it less desirable.

14 minutes ago, jeromep said:

It's the house brand, Lotus Spa.  I like it, but others may find it less desirable.

It's not the product. It's the fact that the bottles are "refillable".  I bring my own.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, skynight said:

Dining

You will have Reserve Class (formally Club Class) dining. MDR meals will be in the Da Vinci DR, deck six mid ship. Special entrance is on the starboard side. No reservations. You do not need to reserve in the Dine My Way app. Just walk in anytime and you will be seated fairly promptly. DR is open every evening for dinner and for lunch on sea days. It is also open for breakfast each day. However, as a full suite passenger you are entitled to have the special full suite breakfast. On the Crown this breakfast will either be in Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. I'm not sure. There will be information in your cabin about this. The special full suite breakfast is one of the top full suite benefits. You can also order room service dinner off the full menu. You have to request the menu from your cabin steward. Note that if you do order from the menu the meal will be delivered all at once.  

We board Ruby Princess in 30 days and will be in a Family Suite.  There will be 12 other family members with us (not in a suite).  So far, we have been unable to figure out how to get dinner reservations (not in Reserve Class) for our group of 16.  The only thing I can book thru the Dine My Way app is specialty dining.  When we have sailed in suites on RCCL and Celebrity, we were contacted a few weeks before sailing by the Concierge Staff to find out if we needed anything.  We have already added the other booking numbers as travel companions.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

Frederick

15 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

We board Ruby Princess in 30 days and will be in a Family Suite.  There will be 12 other family members with us (not in a suite).  So far, we have been unable to figure out how to get dinner reservations (not in Reserve Class) for our group of 16.  The only thing I can book thru the Dine My Way app is specialty dining.  When we have sailed in suites on RCCL and Celebrity, we were contacted a few weeks before sailing by the Concierge Staff to find out if we needed anything.  We have already added the other booking numbers as travel companions.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

Frederick

If all 12 of you are not "Reserve (Club) class" or above (Full Suites) you will not all be able to eat together in the Reserve (Club) class DR.  Princess strictly enforces this.  We've experienced this (group of 8, 4 Club Class and 4 standard Mini Suites).  Only the 4 Club Class Mini Suite holders were able to eat in the Club Class DR. We wound up having 1 dinner together in the MDR and did 2 specialty dinings as a group.  The other 4 nights, the 8 of us did not eat together.

Same held true for breakfast and lunch.

For a group that large I would check with the restaurant manager for one of the regular restaurants on boarding. For the life of me though I can’t imagine giving up all those suite benefits   You cannot make the reservations because you are assigned to reserve dining which has no reservations. You may have one of the non suite passengers try

18 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We are in a full suite on Sky in 2024. When did they add free laundry to the perks?  We were in a full suite before the pandemic and don't remember that perk. 

We have gotten his perk since before the pandemic also received kit as Elite passengers 

18 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We are in a full suite on Sky in 2024. When did they add free laundry to the perks?  We were in a full suite before the pandemic and don't remember that perk. 

Free laundry had been a full suite perk since at least May 2016 when I sailed in my first one on the Island. 

56 minutes ago, memoak said:

For a group that large I would check with the restaurant manager for one of the regular restaurants on boarding. For the life of me though I can’t imagine giving up all those suite benefits   You cannot make the reservations because you are assigned to reserve dining which has no reservations. You may have one of the non suite passengers try

We understand that they can't eat in the Reserve section.  We'll have one of the others give it a try to see if they can make the reservations.  I think Princess was having system problems when we tried it a couple of weeks ago (shocking, I know).  Thanks!!

Frederick

On 6/23/2023 at 7:08 PM, Amy G said:

That's a big concern for us, hahaha!

I made the "mistake" a couple of years ago of booking my wife and I in a suite.  Now she won't sail in anything less.  My fear is that she'll discover the bigger suites...

Frederick

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fsdorado said:

I made the "mistake" a couple of years ago of booking my wife and I in a suite.  Now she won't sail in anything less.  My fear is that she'll discover the bigger suites...

Frederick

Same for us except that it's me who doesn't want anything less.  My hubby would be happy in an inside. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Free laundry had been a full suite perk since at least May 2016 when I sailed in my first one on the Island. 

Interesting....we've been in full suites twice in 2018 & 2019 and knew nothing about this.  Even did my own laundry during one of them.  

and if you like a lot of fruit you can get the fruit basket refilled I think. We always eat the grapes and strawberries but normally leave most of the other fruit. But, it is all great quality and we sometimes will have a piece for lunch. I agree, we only sail on suites now unless it is a family event. I know it costs more, but the benefits are worth it to us. Only have so many more years to cruise, so we are paying to play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Interesting....we've been in full suites twice in 2018 & 2019 and knew nothing about this.  Even did my own laundry during one of them.  

Some things you really don’t want to send to the ship’s laundry. Everything is done on high

I send everything to the laundry and never have had any trouble. Our clothes come back clean and bright and nicely folded or on hangers. Never a broken button or anything with shrinking since we have to make sure stuff fits for the entire cruise..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1