Just off Vision out of Baltimore

Any questions??

We sailed the 5 day to Bermuda.   It was very easy to get on and off the ship. The app made things really easy!!
Bermuda won’t go down as my favorite itinerary.  It is very beautiful, but there was a lack of things to do right off the ship. 
The Carribean party vibe is lacking in Bermuda, but this cruise is a great pick for families and older people. 
That being said, we did have a nice trip. 

• Like 4

Bermuda is one of our favorite places.  Love to walk different sections of the Railroad trail.  Alot to see in various places.  No Caribbean vibe but you're not in the Caribbean!  This is a British island.  

• Like 6

Did you overnight in Bermuda at the Dockyard, what were your arrival and departure times ?

Worked in Bermuda for 2 months over 17  years ago and would like more than the average daily 8-4 visit, as so much to see and do in Hamilton 

TIA

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 4

We were on the Vision cruise just before OP's (Bermuda, Nassau, Coco Cay).  We were really impressed with the ship, and especially with the crew.  Two more Vision cruises booked.

BTW, we appreciate that Bermuda does not have a Caribbean vibe, even though it has beaches and such.

• Like 4

So, to be fair…the first days weather wasn’t great. Horseshoe Bay was stunning, but it was windy and stormy. Still, very worth it. Bucket list visit for me…glad I went. We didn’t make Hamilton. Maybe that’s our mistake.  I wasn’t impressed with Kings Wharf. I just think it was one and done for me. I’m not complaining, honestly. Just commenting. 
If I did go back, I would make sure there were other stops on the cruise.  

Yes, the Vision staff…hardworking and friendly!!!  

• Like 2

I am so excited to hear your experience was great. Thanks for sharing! We have a Vision to Bermuda coming up in August and another (not Bermuda) booked in February. 

We've been on 4 cruises...3 of them included Bermuda and so will the 5th and 8th, lol. We can't get enough. 

5 hours ago, KPookey said:

Any questions??

We sailed the 5 day to Bermuda.   It was very easy to get on and off the ship. The app made things really easy!!
Bermuda won’t go down as my favorite itinerary.  It is very beautiful, but there was a lack of things to do right off the ship. 
The Carribean party vibe is lacking in Bermuda, but this cruise is a great pick for families and older people. 

I have a question 

Did you overnight in Bermuda at the Dockyard, what were your arrival and departure times ?

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

I have a question 

The current cruise, following KPookey's, is a nine night.  It's nominally two days in Bermuda, but we arrive at 1 P.M. on Day 3 and leave at 1 P.M. on Day 4.

We arrived at 1 pm and departed the next day at 1. 
We got out to Horseshoe Bay easily on day 1. 
We should’ve booked an excursion day 2. It was hard to get too far since we were required to be on board by 12:30. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KPookey said:

We arrived at 1 pm and departed the next day at 1. 
We got out to Horseshoe Bay easily on day 1. 
We should’ve booked an excursion day 2. It was hard to get too far since we were required to be on board by 12:30. 

Same here. I have a cruise in November, 2023,  arriving at 12pm and leaving the next day at twelve 12. I might try a tour on the first day knowing I have extra time to get back to the ship, The second day is a bit more difficult for one needs to be in sight of the ship at around 11am. Not many things open super early to do.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Did the overnight thing last year and with later arrival and early(?) departure the next day just did not seem like enough time to really explore on both days.

I am in agreement and finding it hard to actually get a cruise that will do a full 2 day stop 3 night itinerary.

If anyone has information on any ship or line that offers such, I’d be interested regardless of loyalty .

Would prefer out of FL, but appreciate Cape Liberty and Baltimore favor the route.

TIA

5 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I am in agreement and finding it hard to actually get a cruise that will do a full 2 day stop 3 night itinerary.

If anyone has information on any ship or line that offers such, I’d be interested regardless of loyalty .

Would prefer out of FL, but appreciate Cape Liberty and Baltimore favor the route.

TIA

I saw some MSC cruises that stay 2 full days...heres one I found right off the bat from NY... https://www.msccruisesusa.com/Search Result?area=BMU%2CNOA&passengers=2|0|0|0&portOfCall=KGW&departureDateFrom=24%2F06%2F2023&departureDateTo=23%2F06%2F2026

9 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Perfect 

The 6 night is exactly what we would want and Yacht Club as well 

For us just the logistics of getting to NY and squeezing in a cruise for dates we have, but that’s all doable 

but this is the one for us ️ 
Now if it was out of a FL port it would be 💯 

Thank you 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KPookey said:

Eh.. there is a beautiful Fortress with a great museum. There are dolphins inside too. Beach is right next to it, so you can walk there.

Stores, blowing glass show, restaurants.

I thought West End had tons of things. We sometimes sail there for 3 days/2 nights and just spend all time there.

Month ago we took ferry to Hamilton. Beautiful sail.

• Like 1

Been to Bermuda four times on Celebrity Summit. It arrives Wednesday morning, departs late Friday afternoon, giving 3 days with enough time to do things. NCL does this from NYC too.

We have never run out of things to do. Highlights include Horseshoe Bay, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, Bermuda Zoo and Aquarium, Crystal Caves, St. George's, Hamilton, Southlands, Tom Moore's Jungle, and our repeated favorites -- biking on the Railroad trail and renting boats to cruise around the west part of the island.

We wanted to go back this year after not having been since 2014, but Celebrity switches to a New England/Canada itinerary in August, when we were looking to cruise. Instead, we will be going on Carnival Magic. It departs Norfolk, VA on Sunday, arrives Bermuda Tuesday at 9:00am, departs Thursday at 4:00pm. It was sold out when we found it a few months ago, but immediately after final payment, two or three cabins became available. We grabbed one.

Edited by cyntil8ing
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

TIA

We did 3 days (almost full)/ 2 nights twice on Celebrity Summit out of New Jersey and NCL once out of Boston.

One Summit cruise actually turned into 4 days/3 nights in Sept 2019 as Grandeur could not sail from Baltimore due to hurricane.

We were booked on Empress for Summer 2020 to do 3 nights (1 in St George's and 2 in Hamilton), but obviously it did not happen due to Covid.

During our travels we LOVED Bermuda. Just taking a bus through this island is a pleasure. We loved Hamilton, Crystal Caves, St Georges, Horseshoe bay and Long Bay and some other places

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Eh.. there is a beautiful Fortress with a great museum. There are dolphins inside too. Beach is right next to it, so you can walk there.

Stores, blowing glass show, restaurants.

I thought West End had tons of things. We sometimes sail there for 3 days/2 nights and just spend all time there.

Month ago we took ferry to Hamilton. Beautiful sail.

Memory lane 

Will be nice to visit all those places again, Having worked in Bermuda years ago on a quiet day took my wife and daughter inside the fort and we spent the day with the dolphins, truly amazing and so different to the dolphin encounters where there are 100’s waiting there turn 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

Been to Bermuda four times on Celebrity Summit. It arrives Wednesday morning, departs late Friday afternoon, giving 3 days with enough time to do things. NCL does this from NYC too.

We have never run out of things to do. Highlights include Horseshoe Bay, Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, Bermuda Zoo and Aquarium, Crystal Caves, St. George's, Hamilton, Southlands, Tom Moore's Jungle, and our repeated favorites -- biking on the Railroad trail and renting boats to cruise around the west part of the island.

We wanted to go back this year after not having been since 2014, but Celebrity switches to a New England/Canada itinerary in August, when we were looking to cruise. Instead, we will be going on Carnival Magic. It departs Norfolk, VA on Sunday, arrives Bermuda Tuesday at 9:00am, departs Thursday at 4:00pm. It was sold out when we found it a few months ago, but immediately after final payment, two or three cabins became available. We grabbed one.

Good to see other options 

Appreciate all the information 

We are quite happy to go Celebrity, MSC or RC route, I already have  my TA looking at YC on Meraviglia for the 6night out of NY (Brooklyn)

it ticks all the boxes for how we like to cruise

will ask them to look at Celebrity too

We have sailed out of Bayonne (Cape Liberty) but Brooklyn will be a first for us 

Thanks again 👍🏻

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

Memory lane 

Will be nice to visit all those places again, Having worked in Bermuda years ago on a quiet day took my wife and daughter inside the fort and we spent the day with the dolphins, truly amazing and so different to the dolphin encounters where there are 100’s waiting there turn 

Also after many years in 2018 0r 2019 they reopened The Commissioner House inside of Fortress. It is a huge attraction of itself. Beautifully restored.

• Like 1

I think 5 days itinerary out of Baltimore is not a very good one as you really have only 2 half days due to how long ship needs to sail out of Baltimore (I love that sail during deep Caribbeans cruises, but ...)

7 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Also after many years in 2018 0r 2019 they reopened The Commissioner House inside of Fortress. It is a huge attraction of itself. Beautifully restored.

Another hidden gem is where I lived for the time I was there 

The Royal Palms hotel, it was in Hamilton a short walk from the town center

Had a lovely restaurant Ascots attached and the gardens were immaculate

Another favorite there was Portofino restaurant off of the high street along side the park.

I flew my DW and DD over for 2 weeks, they ended staying for 3 weeks due to cancelled flights back to the USA

They walked everywhere, safely and got to see so much, used the Bus or ferry and explored everyday 

Cant wait to go back 

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1