Iona First Timers

Minnie29

10 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

What’s everyone’s recommendation for breakfast?  

We had breakfast in Coral restaurant on our 2 sea days, really enjoyed it. We went to the buffet once for breakfast but the other days we used the Quays, the food choices in the Quays was good and always found a quiet spot. If you go to the Quays, to get a quieter table we walked down a few sections away from the serving areas, in the direction of Ripples ice creams. That area was usually mostly empty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Again a personal choice but we avoid the buffet as much as possible. The food is fine, we just don't enjoy the hustle and bustle. We much prefer having breakfast in the MDR with table service and menus that have plenty of choice. We also prefer the tea or coffee in there (though the latter is often a little strong for my taste). If we miss the cut (closing time) for the MDR we also really liked the Quays which has a great choice. As Sarah already said you can easily move away from the crowd by walking to the seating areas furthest away from the serving stations or even by sitting outside.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

For me: MDR, smashed avocado on sourdough toast, smoked salmon and either a poached egg or scrambled egg.  Sometimes eggs benedict and smoked salmon.  Have asked staff to substitute the ham with the salmon, but its always come as on menu.  Very nice though. 

• Like 1

Re the Epicurean, I’ve just been on Ventura and it wasn’t really 5 courses, one was an ‘amuse bouche’ which was a small drink, bit milky for my taste. Then before the desert we had a palette cleanser which was this - it was gorgeous! 

IMG_8748.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Is it a good breakfast in nice surroundings though?

what is the breakfast menu like?

We had breakfast on Arvia in the keel and cow nearly every day.  The breakfast was hot and freshly prepared unlike the MDR where the English breakfast was only just lukewarm.  

we had fresh orange juice (free), tea and coffee (free), bacon and egg roll (£3.50) , eggs Benedict I think that was £4.  They also do other items but not sure how much they were.  

very quiet and the staff get to know you and what you like, plus favourite table etc. we really enjoyed it in there. We did have tons of OBC to use though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Do any of the other speciality venues serve breakfast or lunch and can you book prior to boarding? 

Not that I know of, you don't need to book Keel and Cow just walk in.

There's always The Quays as well for breakfast.

12 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

If you are in a conservatory mini suite do you still have to pay for room service?

if so, do you just pay for what you order or is there a fee per order?

Thank you

We didn’t use room service so I’m not sure.