What’s you’re favorite memory on Oceania?

BrakeawayTakeaway

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

Favorite memory on Oceania?

Easily this…July 9, 2019 

Betsy and me on our wedding day aboard the Insignia…

betsy bob wedding-69.jpeg

o my God I cant believe its almost 4 years..

Congratulations to you both

Edited by Jancruz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Married by Ray Carr? That can only mean a marriage filled with laughter. Great choice!

Ray did most of the ceremony, but the Captain made the final official pronouncement.🙂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, bob brown said:

On the Vista Dec 18 - 30?

Betsy and I are on that one…hope you join us!

Betsy says, hi!

No we will be on Insignia December 29 to January 14 through Panama Canal

We will also be on Regatta April 20 for 11 days..

Jancruz1

1st O cruise, Regatta, 2016. 

Cuisine, really was the finest.  Polo, Toscana, MDR all just wonderful. Complimented Toscana Maitre D. -- Italian guy; ( can't remember name, but a real great host ) -- on such a fine meal, service and presentation, and he invited us back.  Got an extra res in Polo also.  Lobster Mac and cheese best ever, never to be repeated on 3 other O cruises.  

This may seem funny, but the scrambled eggs in MDR breakfast were the best I had ever eaten, and also never to be repeated on 3 other O cruises (or anywhere--not even at home)  Must have had a terrific head/exec chef onboard, who taught galley staff how things should be.

Fellow passengers were so personable.  

Afternoon Tea, lectures, shows all fine.  Anyone remember Sandy Cares? Enjoyed her presentations on1st and then again on subsequent voyage (dif. ship ).

Bulgari toiletries replenished many, many times, not really needing them.  Brought alot home.  Cabin steward (female) took very good care of us.

Could go on, but we will be back on Regatta later this year, after a 4 year hiatus.   

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info
  • Like 2

Our first O cruise was on Marina during her inaugural season.  This particular cruise had Jacques Pepin onboard, too.  I spotted FDR onboard as well, so everything was running about as well as can be.  We were completely enthralled.  Kathryn Kelly was teaching the culinary classes then, too.  On this occasion, we were in one of her classes.  At that time, wines were also poured in copious amounts to pair with the items being prepared in class.  Ms. Kelly said that she spied Jacques Pepin returning to his suite from the spa and she thought that she’d surprise him and have him come in to say hello to our class.  Indeed, he was quite surprised to be dragged into our class while in his bathrobe.  My husband snapped a photo of him entering the room and I still laugh when I see the photo of the expression on his face.

• Like 3

Have yet to cruise "O" (but it is happening next March) but I already know our answer :).  After nearly 50 years of extensive cruising all over the world (on 16 cruise lines and dozens of different ships) our favorite moment is when we first walk the gangway onto our ship.  As we near the entrance I always feel the stress and anxiety of normal life disappearing and the thought of "we are now where we belong" taking control.  DW and I have been blessed to have done a lot of world travel (land and sea) but there is just something very special about those first steps onto a ship with the knowledge that this will be home.

The thing about cruising is that although we have done that initial gangway walk far more than 100 times, we still feel the excitement/joy of being back on a ship.

Hank

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Docked at Hoonah, Icy Strait Point, AK - Having just returned from a bear search with a local guide where we saw 7 full-grown coastal brown bear, we were having lunch on the Terrace Cafe Deck.  With a table on the outside corner overlooking the water, a whale slowly moved close alongside us and took a deep dive and flipped its beautiful tail!  Love O...... all the best is here...

Edited by Tybeequeen2010
Forgot something important
  • Like 4

I think it may have getting off Marina at the end of our first O cruise, in 2017, and thinking "Yeah, that was pretty good. Must do it again".

Took till last month to get round to it. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:49 PM, FetaCheese said:

1st O cruise, Regatta, 2016. 

Cuisine, really was the finest.  Polo, Toscana, MDR all just wonderful. Complimented Toscana Maitre D. -- Italian guy; ( can't remember name, but a real great host ) -- on such a fine meal, service and presentation, and he invited us back.  Got an extra res in Polo also.  Lobster Mac and cheese best ever, never to be repeated on 3 other O cruises.  

This may seem funny, but the scrambled eggs in MDR breakfast were the best I had ever eaten, and also never to be repeated on 3 other O cruises (or anywhere--not even at home)  Must have had a terrific head/exec chef onboard, who taught galley staff how things should be.

Fellow passengers were so personable.  

Afternoon Tea, lectures, shows all fine.  Anyone remember Sandy Cares? Enjoyed her presentations on1st and then again on subsequent voyage (dif. ship ).

Bulgari toiletries replenished many, many times, not really needing them.  Brought alot home.  Cabin steward (female) took very good care of us.

Could go on, but we will be back on Regatta later this year, after a 4 year hiatus.   

We will be on the April 20 sailing for our first O cruise. Haven’t cruised since 2018, mostly due to COVID. Really looking forward to it!