Last minute questions from newbie

Packman1000

1 hour ago, cadburysmom said:

Excellent news...and many thanks to you both. 😊

Once less thing to pack is always a good thing.

Pants are great but sometimes I can make a simple solid color dress work a few different times with a cardigan, scarf, belt, etc. I think dresses can take up less space. 

• Like 3

Some women enjoy wearing dresses more than pants, and I am one of them.  I have daytime dresses and evening dresses, and of course, evening gowns (which will never be taken on a Viking cruise, oh well.). 

Of course, itinerary is always the deciding factor--in colder climates I will wear sweater dresses with boots, in warmer climates short sleeved easy flowing cotton dresses with Skechers shoes (day touring).  

I do live in a four-season state, so I have a a great collection of clothes and shoes collected over many decades, and luckily, my sizes have not changed too much.

The good thing is I also have a husband to accompany me, and he carried those big red Viking umbrellas for both of us as they are a bit cumbersome, but they certainly protect from the rain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cmmaxwell03 said:

Pants are great but sometimes I can make a simple solid color dress work a few different times with a cardigan, scarf, belt, etc. I think dresses can take up less space. 

Totally agree with you & less to think about e.g. ‘does this top go with these trousers’!!😏

• Like 1

This time of year I always take a couple of strappy sundresses with me as an alternative to shorts for day time use. 

Europe is currently somewhat warmer than usual for anyone travelling soon.

• Like 1

Wearing a dress...no pockets.   Wearing dress slacks with pockets...don't have to ask the DH to carry my key card, tip money...etc.    Not a fan of dragging along a small purse...or ever a large one for that matter.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Hobson1754 said:

Totally agree with you & less to think about e.g. ‘does this top go with these trousers’!!😏

Another way to handle that is to bring black pants. (Or another neutral.) No need to wonder about pairing. 

We have taken cool-weather cruises so far. For the second cruise, we decided to just bring carry-ons because of all the luggage problems the airlines were having. So I left the jeans at home and just brought black knit pants. They went with everything and were wearable in all the restaurants. And they didn’t show dirt, a major plus for a mess like me! 

Edited by Twitchly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Another way to handle that is to bring black pants. (Or another neutral.) No need to wonder about pairing. 

We have taken cool-weather cruises so far. For the second cruise, we decided to just bring carry-ons because of all the luggage problems the airlines were having. So I left the jeans at home and just brought black knit pants. They went with everything and were wearable in all the restaurants. And they didn’t show dirt, a major plus for a mess like me! 

And they don’t wrinkle!

• Like 2

We take our own compact umbrellas because the Viking ones are way too big and unwieldy. They are definitely the size of golf umbrellas. That makes me wonder, why are golf umbrellas so big?

I prefer having a bar of soap in the shower rather than the gel stuff, so asking for an extra bar of soap for the bathroom is a good idea.