Sydney Opera House Tour Advice

We are visiting Sydney Oct 22 & 23 and would like to tour the Sydney Opera House. I understand advance tickets are recommended.

Can anyone tell me why their 1 hour tour on the official Opera House site is $43, and the seemingly same tour through TripAdvisor and Viator is $29.22?

Any "Insider Advice" on touring the Opera House welcome as well. 

Thank you!

As for any OH tour, it is HIGHLY recommended to book ahead as soon as you know when you want to go.

Pre 🤬🤬 Covid they ran tours pretty much continuously, but now they are quite limited.

All tours on offer are well worth it.

I recommend an early in the day tour.

That way you are less likely to encounter an afternoon performance or rehearsal, which would mean you are unlikely to get to see the inside of the venue in use.

• Like 1

For anyone else reading this - the Opera House is running a FREE open house  on the weekend of the 20-21 October weekend as part of their 50th Birthday celebrations.  You will be able to wander through the Opera House between 9am & 4pm and need to allow 90 mins.  Registrations to book a time slot are not open yet.  Check the Opera House website to sign up for notifications if you are planning to be in Sydney that weekend & are interested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

For anyone else reading this - the Opera House is running a FREE open house  on the weekend of the 20-21 October weekend as part of their 50th Birthday celebrations.  You will be able to wander through the Opera House between 9am & 4pm and need to allow 90 mins.  Registrations to book a time slot are not open yet.  Check the Opera House website to sign up for notifications if you are planning to be in Sydney that weekend & are interested.

Thankyou so so much for this info. We are flying in on that Saturday morning and staying the night before boarding Brilliance on Sunday. Hubby and I were just discussing what we would do for the day.

He has never been inside the Opera house and I haven't since a school excursion in the late 60's.

I have checked out the website and will register for further info.

Wondered why the prices were through the roof for that Saturday at Circular Quay and The Rocks area but couldn't find anything that was on to up the prices.

Thanks again

10 hours ago, cheznandy said:

Thankyou so so much for this info. We are flying in on that Saturday morning and staying the night before boarding Brilliance on Sunday. Hubby and I were just discussing what we would do for the day.

He has never been inside the Opera house and I haven't since a school excursion in the late 60's.

I have checked out the website and will register for further info.

Wondered why the prices were through the roof for that Saturday at Circular Quay and The Rocks area but couldn't find anything that was on to up the prices.

Thanks again

So pleased my info was helpful to you.  Enjoy exploring the inside of the OH and your cruise on the Brilliance.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

We are visiting Sydney Oct 22 & 23 and would like to tour the Sydney Opera House. I understand advance tickets are recommended.

Can anyone tell me why their 1 hour tour on the official Opera House site is $43, and the seemingly same tour through TripAdvisor and Viator is $29.22?

Any "Insider Advice" on touring the Opera House welcome as well. 

Thank you!

October 21 & 22 the opera House is celebrating their 50th anniversary with FREE tours. This is a ticketed event but there is no cost for the tickets. Tickets are not available yet, but you can go to the Opera House website and sign up to receive information when they are released.