Willdra's Heavenly Carnival Horizon Apr. 29-May 7 Cruise Review

willdra

We passed our steward on the way back to the cabin. It was funny cuz he was holding that clipboard, and I could tell he wanted to ask us the questions that they have to ask. W spoke to him, but he kept walking, so poor Fadil was jogging behind him trying to get his attention to ask the questions, but still be polite. I noticed what he was doing, so I said “ do you need to ask us some questions about cabin service?” He looked relieved as he said “yes very quick” while trying to catch his breath. After the questions, he also told us that he put our luggage inside of our cabin since we were gone awhile. That was a nice touch. I liked him already. We chose our service times, and told him we were pretty low maintenance. We didn't have a lot of requests. W just asked for ice. He said either way he had us covered. Cool.

When we got back into the cabin we set about and started to unpack. W went first while I sat and contemplated my life choices. We knew it would take me twice as long as him so it was best that he went first. Then he would be free to go run errands. For some reason, AG and BG weren’t showing up in our friends list on the app, so we couldn’t message them nor add them to our dinner reservations. W was gonna go and have Guest Services fix that. And add the gift cards to our account. It could be done at a kiosk, but since he was going to GS he might as well do that too. 

He set off, while I got as situated as possible with my luggage. I could tell when W had our accounts linked up in the app, cuz all of a sudden I started getting messages from BG. One of the messages was AG and BG saying they were ready for dinner. Whet? It was still daylight outside and barely 6pm. It was heavy snack before dinner time at best.

I decided to compromise, and told them I needed to clean my bum and we could go at 7. I wasn’t as dirty as I thought, so I was done at around 6:40. W had returned and showered before me. We were both ready, so BG checked us in, and the wait was 40-50 minutes. We decided to go down to Alchemy and to Pixels to get our VIFP gift while we waited.

i-Shgs2Cz-L.jpg

i-SvJ94Tr-L.jpg

i-gKnfgpq-L.jpg

i-km2c2p4-L.jpg

i-zbDNHwF-L.jpg

i-jphJWbz-L.jpg

• Like 10

Before we walked out, we got a letter in our cabin informing us that we were supposed to get some special Diamond level gifts. When we got to Pixels they didn’t scan the cards like normal. I think there was a system issue so we just gave our Folio number and we got pins and the bum bag (Fanny pack). W really wanted the other things so I told him to take the letter back over there later.

Another thing that was neat about turning Diamond was that we got 2 free steakhouse dinners for 2. W and I could go twice on that cruise for free. Cha Ching. We were so gonna cash in on that. W had already looked at the MDR menus and picked two nights based on our least favorite dinners. One thing about W. He plays to win the “man vs. food” competition. My dude.

It was quick at Pixels, so we sat at Alchemy afterwards. I got The Remedy and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them make it. It's amazing when they do several drinks at once. When I got my drink, I checked the app, and our table was ready. It didn’t take as long as originally stated, which we figured.

It was really neat having AG and BG with us. It’s been awhile since we’ve cruised with another couple, so this was extra nice. Even tho they like to eat early. We will work on that.

i-8hTXSM8-L.jpg

i-RPf4mbT-L.jpg

i-r52c3VQ-L.jpg

i-NPzhbQZ-L.jpg

i-pXzwDx6-L.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Willdra, I am literally dying here…we were on your cruise! I can’t believe that I didn’t know this and get to meet you. I was going to post that we loved Cookie too and went back to check my dates and…sigh…

Maryann

• Like 5

When we got to the dining room and sat down we noticed that the servers knew our names right away. Ok Carnival. I see you. Getting all 2023 on me.  When it was my turn I looked at the tablet our server had, and it had our pictures and names on there as well. Alright cheat sheet. Fancy.

One by one we gave our orders. I had the Calamari, Strawberry Bisque, Braised Beef Brisket, and Tiramisu.

It took awhile for our food to arrive, but we spent the time talking of course.

Everything that I had was top notch. Since we got there earlier than normal we got to watch show time. Although I appreciate all the work that goes into this, it was obvious that some of those folks have been missing rehearsals. Um maybe practice this a couple more times before springing it on us. It looks weird when half of the staff has no clue what to do. K thanks.

i-QD22PmC-L.jpg

i-BbvkkBM-L.jpg

i-tKZXfBx-L.jpg

i-Tk354T5-L.jpg

i-8vQTGtS-L.jpg

i-Lgp3dLw-L.jpg

i-kmtHMS9-L.jpg

i-JWdmgBk-L.jpg

i-PtknZdN-L.jpg

i-6TMbdQW-L.jpg

i-bn2sgR9-L.jpg

i-gSRCsr2-L.jpg

i-qfBZGzV-L.jpg

i-kz5BcL4-L.jpg

i-6MxfWC3-L.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We sat and waited for showtime to end before we left. It might be a little rude to walk out in the middle of their “arm waiving” and “rump shaking”. We respect it (even the ones who don’t quite know all of the moves). Our next destination was the Comedy Show in the Limelight Lounge. W and I went back to the cabin first, so AG and BG got there before us.

The comedian started out funny, but he quickly got distracted by this couple yelling out random stuff. He could not, for the life of him, move on. Shame. He had potential.

We went back to the cabin and watched Jeff Corwin on that Cruise Life Channel. I don’t know why, but we usually watch him every night of the cruise, and we are very interested in his ventures. You couldn’t pay us to watch it at home, but he is prime time tv on the cruise. Go figure. 

Before I fell asleep I said a prayer thanking God that I was right (at least once). We didn't stay in that hotel forever, and we did indeed make it onto an elevator, and out of that Hilton. Blessings keep coming my way.  

i-qgfx224-L.jpg

i-Cmz5KZz-L.jpg

• Like 13

I'm with you, I don't like to eat early, especially on a cruise! I would get too tired and sleepy and want to go straight to bed!

We sailed Horizon in January. We also had a balcony cabin on deck 7. Enjoying your review. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 300dtc said:

Willdra, I am literally dying here…we were on your cruise! I can’t believe that I didn’t know this and get to meet you. I was going to post that we loved Cookie too and went back to check my dates and…sigh…

Maryann

Wow, it's a small world after all. I wish we would've met! Welp, we will just have to do it again! 😃😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeresaJ said:

I'm with you, I don't like to eat early, especially on a cruise! I would get too tired and sleepy and want to go straight to bed!

That part! 👆🏽🥰 I'm so glad we aren't the only ones!

• Like 2

I always eat too much at embarkation lunch, so a late dinner is always necessary on the first day, After that I eat mostly just breakfast with a midday snack, so earlier dinner can work. But there's always so much food that later dinner is still a much better choice IMO,

• Like 4

17 hours ago, DebOinKC said:

Love your reviews Willdra! So glad you are back. We are going on the Horizon in October and I am excited to hear how you like it.

Thank you so much! 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1

12 hours ago, minniegidget said:

Thanks for posting the menus. Everything looked so yummy

Thank you! I think the menus are changing soon. I’m praying that we still have good choices for W’s sake! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wardwhitty said:

Thank you so much ! I love your reviews and am so excited to hear your take on the Horizon.  We have never been on her and have an 8 day planned in January.  I can not wait !!!!

Thanks for reading along! You are gonna love Horizon and the ports are beautiful! 🤗🤗

2 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

A new Willdra review! *straps herself in* I'm ready for the ride!! 😁 

And isn't Cookie just the BEST?? We just love him! 🥰

Cookie is awesome! I can’t believe it took us this long to sail with him! 😄😄😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, willdra said:

Thank you! I think the menus are changing soon. I’m praying that we still have good choices for W’s sake! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

I'm with W, I liked the old menus, I am a picky eater but I could always find something.  On these new menus I'm sceptical!  You have to let me know his reactions please!

Hugs from Texas!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrislynn55 said:

I think you write the best reviews on Cruise Critic....so happy to have discovered another Willdra adventure! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Awww that's so kind of you! I'm gonna show this to W, maybe he will let me book more cruises so that I can write more reviews! 😁😃😆

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markmbsc said:

Got in late but I'm excited for another one of your reviews. Loved the way you share your adventures!!!

Nope, you are just in time! This is a long one! 😜

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

I'm so excited to read another Willdra review!  

Thank you for the excitement! I need all of the good energy that I can get to finish this! 

🎉🎉🎉

• Like 3