If I wanted to visit Coco Cay, I'd cruise Royal.

Eve

17 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes but they could have replaced us with the 40 to 50s instead of the 20 to 30s . 😂

They are.

We are 40-50, with preteens.... Trying Celebrity for the first time next year. However, I looked at the menu on Reflection (in the app), and it looks the same or worse than the current RCI's menu. Something I thought I'd never say about X.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

They are.

We are 40-50, with preteens.... Trying Celebrity for the first time next year. However, I looked at the menu on Reflection (in the app), and it looks the same or worse than the current RCI's menu. Something I thought I'd never say about X.

Maybe they think younger people don’t want to spend so much on food so they decide to cut corners here and there.

On 6/29/2023 at 4:15 AM, georgiaguy said:

I left the company about a decade ago so cant say I do know the plans, but I also see the only major change to the kids program since I left is to rebrand from “Fun Factory” to “Camp at Sea” They seem to be tweaking around the edge not doing a major overhaul. But again just my two cents. Maybe I am wrong.

Also probably a little sensitive about the age thing. I get tired of hearing folks talk about “millennials” like we are children still. Like I said I am 40 now have a masters degree and 11 years in my career field.

That bring a real question: may anyone bring upon everyone their point of view simply with just observation instead of pouring feelings, emotions, accusations, judgment, oppression?  Adjustment is a key.  Without it it’s stagnation.

I've not read through all the prior comments, but we can only hope this new direction doesn't lead to bumper cars and roller coasters.......  Seems like Celebrity didn't study their demographics too well.  Do we really need a "fun" manmade island to frolic on? Not in my opinion. 

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, markeb said:

I don’t think that makes business sense. Short cruises are typically younger cruisers and new to cruising or Celebrity (previous post in this thread). Reflection has more suites and is newer and more modern than the M Class. Get your new customers hooked on a new(er) ship and ideally a suite. M Class doesn’t do that. 

I get that, Mark.  Perhaps I should have said it's too bad they could not have used an M class ship.  On the flip side, Reflex isn't upgraded yet, while Summit and Millie are.  Great to hear from you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marieps said:

I get that, Mark.  Perhaps I should have said it's too bad they could not have used an M class ship.  On the flip side, Reflex isn't upgraded yet, while Summit and Millie are.  Great to hear from you.

I'd probably have stuck with Equinox for that reason, but Reflection is bigger and has more suites. Kind of like someone had a potentially really good strategic idea but couldn't quite get it fully to the finish line...

Thanks for the pictures, but I would rather have a stop at an island with real people, real culture and real local restaurants and local food...not an Americanized fake town or island.  Years ago, probably close to 40, on an NCL cruise, we stopped at an NCL "island".  It was so boring.  Just another beach. A wasted day.   Maybe coming from SE Florida, growing up and going to the beach at least twice a week or more, all this beach stuff is old news.  Totally understand for those without that history or advantage this option would be attractive, but wouldn't want your cruise dollars spent on a REAL island with real locals, etc.?

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 3

On 6/29/2023 at 2:54 PM, zitsky said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree.  I go on cruises to see different countries not sit on a beach.  Telling me to go book something else works until they make the beach part of every cruise.  Kaching!

At this point, Celebrity isn't close to making the beach part of every cruise.  I just checked and next summer when Reflection starts cruises that stop at CocoCay, she's the only ship regularly calling on CocoCay.  Beyond has a single cruise next summer that stops at CocoCay.  Other Celebrity ships are sailing around the world with few beaches. I think Celebrity is a long way off from only offering cruises that have a beach as part of every cruise.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, capsplace said:

Totally understand for those without that history or advantage this option would be attractive, but wouldn't want your cruise dollars spent on a REAL island with real locals, etc.?

Sounds good in theory. But in practice, the reality is most of the ports are manufactured, populated by chain restaurants like señor frogs, or even the local establishments are using food service supplied items. For example one prominent and well located bar we know of in Grand Cayman, and anyone who's been to Grand Cayman recently has passed it, imports many of its food items from Florida. And, when recently in Cozumel, we had the choice of fresh guacamole for $20 at a tourist restaurant, or at the OVC. The avocados were likely coming from the same place. Yet, the CocoCay beach and the pools are probably a lot cleaner and accessible than the ones we may have been able to get to in Cozumel. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, capsplace said:

Thanks for the pictures, but I would rather have a stop at an island with real people, real culture and real local restaurants and local food...not an Americanized fake town or island.  Years ago, probably close to 40, on an NCL cruise, we stopped at an NCL "island".  It was so boring.  Just another beach. A wasted day.   Maybe coming from SE Florida, growing up and going to the beach at least twice a week or more, all this beach stuff is old news.  Totally understand for those without that history or advantage this option would be attractive, but wouldn't want your cruise dollars spent on a REAL island with real locals, etc.?

Geez, it’s only one stop. Don’t book that itinerary if you don’t like it. I grew up in SE Florida in the 60s and 70s and I don’t have a problem with it. 

Honestly, the hand wringing is comical.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2