Jump to content

Moveup - Royal Suite perks


bcoleman76
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

Yep, this is the clarification I got.  I'm sure it's possible some people have been upgraded and gotten it for some reason, maybe due to error. But this seems to be the official stance.  

I think the problem is as usual Celebrity website isn't clear because the same page for the Royal Suite with this same section has the * but then is missing the disclaimer below that section.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, micruiser2002 said:

I think the problem is as usual Celebrity website isn't clear because the same page for the Royal Suite with this same section has the * but then is missing the disclaimer below that section.  

Exactly!  That is the page I have been looking at. It's a mess, just like the rest of their website and app.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

The ones I pulled up include that on the Royal Suite.  One note is you also owe the increased gratuities on the RS over what you had on the veranda

This link that was previously shared earlier in this post does not have that disclaimer that I can see.    https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on my research, I found that you get the room amenities but not the perks and you only earn loyalty points at the rate of your original booking.  This means in your case, you would keep your original drinks package, Wi-Fi, obc , and be charged extra for the additional gratuities.  
 

if you want the premium drinks and Wi-Fi you can pay to upgrade them as well but be careful, sometimes move up offers can end up costing you more or the same as it would have to just book it outright.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Based on my research, I found that you get the room amenities but not the perks and you only earn loyalty points at the rate of your original booking.  This means in your case, you would keep your original drinks package, Wi-Fi, obc , and be charged extra for the additional gratuities.  
 

if you want the premium drinks and Wi-Fi you can pay to upgrade them as well but be careful, sometimes move up offers can end up costing you more or the same as it would have to just book it outright.  

I agree, when you add in the included upgraded beverage and tips plus the OBC it might be less or close to just book in advance and not have to worry about it.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I agree, when you add in the included upgraded beverage and tips plus the OBC it might be less or close to just book in advance and not have to worry about it.  

The upgrade range is $600 to $3000 and mentions a 50% promotional discount.  Not sure if this is a good deal. I'm in the statesman veranda room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Octavias said:

Based on my research, I found that you get the room amenities but not the perks and you only earn loyalty points at the rate of your original booking.  This means in your case, you would keep your original drinks package, Wi-Fi, obc , and be charged extra for the additional gratuities.  
 

if you want the premium drinks and Wi-Fi you can pay to upgrade them as well but be careful, sometimes move up offers can end up costing you more or the same as it would have to just book it outright.  

to  move up from my stateroom veranda to the royal suite the bid range is $600 to $3000 - it also mentions this is a promotional price that is 50% off. .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bcoleman76 said:

to  move up from my stateroom veranda to the royal suite the bid range is $600 to $3000 - it also mentions this is a promotional price that is 50% off. .

So you need to bid somewhere between 600 and 3000 correct?  If you want to upgraded beverage package and Wi-Fi too, pencil out what those would cost to upgrade and add that to your bid to compare to what the suite goes for outright.  Of course, the higher you bid, the more likely you are to get it but the closer you are to just buying it too.  Hope that makes sense. 
 

good luck and happy cruising!  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Octavias said:

So you need to bid somewhere between 600 and 3000 correct?  If you want to upgraded beverage package and Wi-Fi too, pencil out what those would cost to upgrade and add that to your bid to compare to what the suite goes for outright.  Of course, the higher you bid, the more likely you are to get it but the closer you are to just buying it too.  Hope that makes sense. 
 

good luck and happy cruising!  

Makes perfect sense!  Yes, we are really torn on trying to get it.  I can't seem to see any availability so I have no idea if they actually have open royal suites or not.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

This link that was previously shared earlier in this post does not have that disclaimer that I can see.    https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/royal-suite

 

HMMMM maybe it is dependent on the ship - Apex shows it, Equinox looks like the link and doesn't mention it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The Royal Suite I booked direct came with 2 premium wifi logins per person. Given that fact, I think it’s a room amenity, not a perk, so you’ll get it. 

Sorry I thought you said Premium Beverage.  Isn't all WIFI the same now?  But if they do not have any wifi already then they would not get it according to the Celebrity website.

 

Edited by micruiser2002
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Isn't all WIFI the same now?  But if they do not have any wifi already then they would not get it according to the Celebrity website.

No, there's still basic wifi that you get with AI, and premium wifi that you can purchase, upgrade to, or that comes with a Retreat booking. The point of my post is that I disagree with the website and think the 2 per person premium logins are an amenity of Royal Suites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

HMMMM maybe it is dependent on the ship - Apex shows it, Equinox looks like the link and doesn't mention it.  

Are you sure the link isn't taking you to this page which is what I posted.  It is the summary of all suites it is not the suite specific page.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

No, there's still basic wifi that you get with AI, and premium wifi that you can purchase, upgrade to, or that comes with a Retreat booking. The point of my post is that I disagree with the website and think the 2 per person premium logins are an amenity of Royal Suites.

Well then even in that case they would not get premium if they have only the basic.  According to Celebrity it specifically says the Premium Beverage, WIFI, Tips and OBC perks of a suite are not included in MOVEUP bids.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Well then even in that case they would not get premium if they have only the basic.  According to Celebrity it specifically says the Premium Beverage, WIFI, Tips and OBC perks of a suite are not included in MOVEUP bids.

And I am specifically saying that I think that is not true of WIFI in move-ups to Royal Suites and above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread got me wondering.  Does anyone have any actual experience moving up from a cabin category that didn't already have the premium beverage package to an upper suite?  This thread (and any other threads I can find from the last few years) have lots of examples of people moving up from lower suites who already had the premium beverage package but I'm not finding any actual experience from someone who didn't already have that perk to answer this question.

 

Also, someone referenced the MoveUp description for the Royal Suite having some language.  Does anyone have a screen shot of that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, prmssk said:

This thread got me wondering.  Does anyone have any actual experience moving up from a cabin category that didn't already have the premium beverage package to an upper suite?  This thread (and any other threads I can find from the last few years) have lots of examples of people moving up from lower suites who already had the premium beverage package but I'm not finding any actual experience from someone who didn't already have that perk to answer this question.

 

Also, someone referenced the MoveUp description for the Royal Suite having some language.  Does anyone have a screen shot of that?

When I get home later I’ll try to grab a screenshot of what I’m seeing on my end.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a big difference between Perks and Amenities.

 

Perks for suites are premium beverage package, upgraded Wi-Fi, prepaid gratuities, and additional OBC.

 

Amenities come into play with Royal Suites and above, Signature Suites on Reflection. They include unlimited specialty dining with no fee, a suite bar set up of 2 bottles of your favorite alcohol, unlimited laundry (often listed as 2 times per cruise but rarely enforced unless you abuse it) and some others that I might remember tomorrow. 😀

 

If you move up to a suite from a regular cabin you would keep your perks but not the upgraded perks for a suite.  Nor would you get the additional CC points. Luminae would be your dining room and you would have access to the Retreat Lounge and Deck if there is one you your ship. You would also have a butler. You would also have premium beverage access in the Retreat Lounge but not necessarily other places on the ship.  In Luminae, once you give your suite #  when you check in it is probably unlikely that the Sommelier would ask to see your sea pass unless you go overboard with your selection. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

And I am specifically saying that I think that is not true of WIFI in move-ups to Royal Suites and above. 

If you look at what I screen shot above it specifically says all 4 of the Suite perks for any suite are not included in any Moveup.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bcoleman76 said:

When I get home later I’ll try to grab a screenshot of what I’m seeing on my end.  

 

Please try to screenshot the entire description of the Royal Suite in the MoveUp bid system.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is a big difference between Perks and Amenities.

 

Perks for suites are premium beverage package, upgraded Wi-Fi, prepaid gratuities, and additional OBC.

 

Amenities come into play with Royal Suites and above, Signature Suites on Reflection. They include unlimited specialty dining with no fee, a suite bar set up of 2 bottles of your favorite alcohol, unlimited laundry (often listed as 2 times per cruise but rarely enforced unless you abuse it) and some others that I might remember tomorrow. 😀

 

If you move up to a suite from a regular cabin you would keep your perks but not the upgraded perks for a suite.  Nor would you get the additional CC points. Luminae would be your dining room and you would have access to the Retreat Lounge and Deck if there is one you your ship. You would also have a butler. You would also have premium beverage access in the Retreat Lounge but not necessarily other places on the ship.  In Luminae, once you give your suite #  when you check in it is probably unlikely that the Sommelier would ask to see your sea pass unless you go overboard with your selection. 

 

 

 

 

Yes I think the language is what needs to be clarified.  I think the term for perks being used is "promotions".  These are the FAQs

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-faqs

 

They mention "promotions" which based on what I was told on the phone and what many are saying here, are the drink package, wifi, etc.  Not the amenities that come with the room. Of course, the issue is the Royal Suite purchased outright includes those promotions + the amenities.  But with Moveup, the promotions are excluded. 

 

The big question is how is this enforced? I guess they can see I have only purchased the basic beverage package. It came with the cruise when we purchased it.  We bought the 10A land and cruise tour and that was bundled in.  So I'm not highly motivated to upgrade my beverage package but very interested in potentially going all out for the suite and the amenities.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

Please try to screenshot the entire description of the Royal Suite in the MoveUp bid system.

Ok, so I ended up putting in a bid earlier before I replied saying i could screenshot the page, so now I don't see the same screen I saw earlier when I selected it. I can see the FAQs which I suppose anyone can.  

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade/celebrity-moveup-faqs

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wrk2cruise said:

If you click on the modify button on your bid confirmation I believe you will see the same bid screens again.   Of course you don't have to modify your bid and you can just leave the page.

 

moveup screenshot.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...