Jump to content

Moveup - Royal Suite perks


bcoleman76
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, RichYak said:

As long as there is no cost to bidding, it's always worth it.

I have bid on all my celebrity and recent rccl cruises, only one that was successful was first going from sky to penthouse on edge.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2023 at 10:41 PM, jagoffee said:

I suspect that the number of people staying in a non suite that win a bid to an upper level suite is very low.  Therefore most of those winning bids would already have all suite perks. 

I would think this process is geared to award the highest bid with the upgrade and probably doesn't care what the persons current cabin category is.  They are trying to make as much additional profit as they can.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I would think this process is geared to award the highest bid with the upgrade and probably doesn't care what the persons current cabin category is.  They are trying to make as much additional profit as they can.  

To make as much additional profit as they can, the cabin class being upgraded FROM is essential to the algorithm because that vacated cabin can also generate moveup revenue. It's a cascading effect.

 

For a move up to a Royal Suite, a $2500 bid from a Sky Suite is worth way more to Celebrity than a $3000 bid from an inside cabin. Someone may be bidding $1500 for a move up from AQ to that vacated Sky Suite, and someone else might be bidding $750 from veranda to that AQ, and someone else might be bidding $500 to move up from an inside to that veranda.

 

No one is bidding for the inside cabin that the $3000 bidder is currently in so there's no additional revenue for Celebrity by accepting it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

To make as much additional profit as they can, the cabin class being upgraded FROM is essential to the algorithm because that vacated cabin can also generate moveup revenue. It's a cascading effect.

 

For a move up to a Royal Suite, a $2500 bid from a Sky Suite is worth way more to Celebrity than a $3000 bid from an inside cabin. Someone may be bidding $1500 for a move up from AQ to that vacated Sky Suite, and someone else might be bidding $750 from veranda to that AQ, and someone else might be bidding $500 to move up from an inside to that veranda.

 

No one is bidding for the inside cabin that the $3000 bidder is currently in so there's no additional revenue for Celebrity by accepting it.

That also depends if they have gotten multiple bids on multiple different categories.  I would bet if they only got 2 bids for the suite they will take the highest one no matter the current room.  Money in the pocket rather than gamble for another bid to come in.  I thought I also saw somewhere that certain Captains Club status's may have an advantage??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I thought I also saw somewhere that certain Captains Club status's may have an advantage??

Yes, in the grand scheme of things though, it is a very small percentage.  My gut says it doesn't come into play very often and was more a way to say "here we are giving loyal customers another benefit."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I would bet if they only got 2 bids for the suite they will take the highest one no matter the current room.  Money in the pocket rather than gamble for another bid to come in.

That's an incredibly unlikely if. And there's no gambling involved. All move up bids are evaluated at one time shortly before sail date. Whichever bids generate the most combined revenue are accepted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

That's an incredibly unlikely if. And there's no gambling involved. All move up bids are evaluated at one time shortly before sail date. Whichever bids generate the most combined revenue are accepted.

Which is why I said if they only get 2 bids whether that is unlikely or not I would think they are going to take the larger one especially if they do not continue to try to get any other bids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Which is why I said if they only get 2 bids whether that is unlikely or not I would think they are going to take the larger one especially if they do not continue to try to get any other bids.

Again, they will accept the bid that generates the most total revenue. That may or may not be the larger one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

That also depends if they have gotten multiple bids on multiple different categories.  I would bet if they only got 2 bids for the suite they will take the highest one no matter the current room.  Money in the pocket rather than gamble for another bid to come in.  I thought I also saw somewhere that certain Captains Club status's may have an advantage??

I would take that bet.  If a Sky Suite bids for a RS, I am confident that there is already a generous bid for the soon to be vacated Sky Suite.  This would bring significant value to the double transaction.  A vacated inside cabin would have little value unless that category was sold out.  Thus a higher valued cabin has a significant advantage for winning a move up bid.
 

The bottom line is there is no  need to gamble has they will already have bids for most categories.  This may be the main reason they solicit bids without current openings.  Should be an easy calculation for the maximum revenue.  
 

Since Celebrity and the third party do not publish their actual formulas for determine the winning bid, no one know for sure.  But anything is possible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I just submitted a bid for upper suites and this is the acknowledgement at the bottom stating that bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites will receive amenity inclusion of premium beverage package and premium WiFi.

image.thumb.png.860ddd4514e473bed4b5e70599874020.png

 

Edited by stuckoncruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Hi All - I would like to revive this thread ... Let me tell you my experience this week...

I have a PH party scheduled on the Summit next week ...we started with 6 people with 3 cabins: the PH (with 4), the adjoining AquaSky (with 2) AND the Ultra Deluxe Consierge (UC) room (to use as a 2nd bedroom - cruise fare only) ... These were all booked on board a year ago (on the summit).

Throughout this year my PH party has grown - however so have the celebrity prices!!!  we increased the number of cabins but some of group could not afford suites ... we added 2 more UC, an accessible balcony & 2 inside cabins - all on Deck 6 (some had cruise only fares and some all in)... we even added Deluxe Oceanview this week.   9 cabins in all.   

I have personally done move up successfully 2 times - going from Aqua Class to Sky Suite this AUGUST - without getting the premium bev or wifi  (only classic & basic that I had with Aqua).  As many of you have CONFIRMED.  

But I am reviving this thread because we have just successfully bid from the UC to a ROYAL SUITE.

BTW - we have been receiving Move-up emails for the last month - I have been watching the ship selling out all the lower class cabins with exciting deals & reduced pricing... (in fact we paid less for the oceanview this week than the inner cabins before final payment !!!)   THE SUITES WERE NOT SELLING (they did not reduce any pricing - There were 5 royal suites still available yesterday !!!!  -  So we put in a bid on one of the UC (not min but still weak just over the first line in the meter)...  

Again - Bid placed last night with 5 RS available and got acceptance email 10 am this morning !!!!

Move-up did them ALL this morning - there were 2 Sky, 2 Aqua Sky, 5 Celebrity Suites and 5 Royal suites LAST NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT !!!  AND TODAY THEY ARE ALL GONE - NO MORE RETREAT suites available.   FYI - immediately after the acceptance – we got more move-up emails for the lower staterooms - even the oceanview just got this week - but it looks to be almost completely sold out this evening.

I hope you are enjoying this story but now to why I am continuing this thread ... so the original UC room only had classic bev & basic Wifi ... And still are not sure about getting those perks/amenities with the room  - though our bid email did contain this is the acknowledgement at the bottom stating that "bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites will receive amenity inclusion of premium beverage package and premium WiFi"  - mentioned by Suckoncrusing above.

Ironically - we had just upgrade the bev with the Black Friday Sale ($6.99 perday/pp+20%) - SO we are calling the onshore Retreat concierge to confirm Royal Suite will get premium bev & wifi - before we cancel the upgrade ... also will check on specialty dining before cancelling dinner a Tuscan that was also purchased pre-cruise ... as you have to make reservations pre cruise with Retreat Consierge or you will be charged !!!  

So I will let you all know my results when I talk with them on Friday - HAPPY THANKSGIVING fellow cruisers.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have sailed twice in a Royal Suite.  Loved the experience.  The bathroom and 1/2 are wonderful!  The actually cabin is very large and so much storage- we loved it!  Unfortunately cannot afford on a regular basis- but for a special occasion so worth it!  We had a bath on the balcony- but didn't use it. Enjoy your cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have sailed twice in a Royal Suite.  Loved the experience.  The bathroom and 1/2 are wonderful!  The actually cabin is very large and so much storage- we loved it!  Unfortunately cannot afford on a regular basis- but for a special occasion so worth it!  We had a bath on the balcony- but didn't use it. Enjoy your cruise.

We have done royal suite 3 times which we love but on M class there is only one bathroom. We also never use the hot tub on balcony.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

Have done Royal suites on S class ships.  But heard that E class also great.

We did a move up on edge and went from sky to penthouse which was fantastic, we were celebrating my wife’s 60th and our 30 anniversary. We invited some of our roll call to celebrate, asked butler to have some snacks , they filled our large dining room with hot and cold appetizers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we moved up, we got all the RS room amenities, butler, show shine, 2 bottle liquor,unlimited gelato and specialty dining.  We did not get upgraded from basic to premium drink package.   ( You can drink the premium in the lounge for free ).  Also no extra OBC.   No upgrade to the faster internet.  Of course you'll get luminae and retreat.  You pay more gratiity 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, booked on the Reflection in a Sunset Veranda suite for 12/23. I was offered the Moveup bid program and won the bid for a Royal Suite. I had already paid for an upgrade for Premium WiFi and Drinks (the reservation included Basic).  I called yesterday to confirm and they agreed that it comes even with Moveup and refunded me the upgrade for both. 

Having ready all of the posts with so many conflicting posts I called again just now and it was confirmed again that they will be included in my reservation. Obviously I will not have to hope that both people as well as their supervisor from today are correct. I can log in again after the cruise to confirm.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2023 at 2:57 AM, karyl19 said:

 

Hi All - I would like to revive this thread ... Let me tell you my experience this week...

I have a PH party scheduled on the Summit next week ...we started with 6 people with 3 cabins: the PH (with 4), the adjoining AquaSky (with 2) AND the Ultra Deluxe Consierge (UC) room (to use as a 2nd bedroom - cruise fare only) ... These were all booked on board a year ago (on the summit).

Throughout this year my PH party has grown - however so have the celebrity prices!!!  we increased the number of cabins but some of group could not afford suites ... we added 2 more UC, an accessible balcony & 2 inside cabins - all on Deck 6 (some had cruise only fares and some all in)... we even added Deluxe Oceanview this week.   9 cabins in all.   

I have personally done move up successfully 2 times - going from Aqua Class to Sky Suite this AUGUST - without getting the premium bev or wifi  (only classic & basic that I had with Aqua).  As many of you have CONFIRMED.  

But I am reviving this thread because we have just successfully bid from the UC to a ROYAL SUITE.

BTW - we have been receiving Move-up emails for the last month - I have been watching the ship selling out all the lower class cabins with exciting deals & reduced pricing... (in fact we paid less for the oceanview this week than the inner cabins before final payment !!!)   THE SUITES WERE NOT SELLING (they did not reduce any pricing - There were 5 royal suites still available yesterday !!!!  -  So we put in a bid on one of the UC (not min but still weak just over the first line in the meter)...  

Again - Bid placed last night with 5 RS available and got acceptance email 10 am this morning !!!!

Move-up did them ALL this morning - there were 2 Sky, 2 Aqua Sky, 5 Celebrity Suites and 5 Royal suites LAST NIGHT AT MIDNIGHT !!!  AND TODAY THEY ARE ALL GONE - NO MORE RETREAT suites available.   FYI - immediately after the acceptance – we got more move-up emails for the lower staterooms - even the oceanview just got this week - but it looks to be almost completely sold out this evening.

I hope you are enjoying this story but now to why I am continuing this thread ... so the original UC room only had classic bev & basic Wifi ... And still are not sure about getting those perks/amenities with the room  - though our bid email did contain this is the acknowledgement at the bottom stating that "bids into Royal, Edge Villa, Penthouse, Reflection and Iconic Suites will receive amenity inclusion of premium beverage package and premium WiFi"  - mentioned by Suckoncrusing above.

Ironically - we had just upgrade the bev with the Black Friday Sale ($6.99 perday/pp+20%) - SO we are calling the onshore Retreat concierge to confirm Royal Suite will get premium bev & wifi - before we cancel the upgrade ... also will check on specialty dining before cancelling dinner a Tuscan that was also purchased pre-cruise ... as you have to make reservations pre cruise with Retreat Consierge or you will be charged !!!  

So I will let you all know my results when I talk with them on Friday - HAPPY THANKSGIVING fellow cruisers.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for your in depth story.  Can you confirm that you did receive a refund for your already upgraded Wi-Fi and beverage packages and your pre-purchased specialty dining in the RS upgrade?  I think this is important as the refund can be taken into account in coming up with an amount for the potential bid.

 

I hope you had a good cruise.

 

Catherine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/23/2023 at 2:26 PM, dabear said:

What if you have a deluxe veranda without all inclusive & you upgrade to a sky suite. What do you get?

 

Access to Luminae and the Retreat, with unlimited drinks in the Retreat, and access to the Retreat Sundeck. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...