Refunding and rebooking cheaper on the cruise planner

Historically, I would book stuff as I see them (excursions, internet, drinks packages etc), then cancel and rebook if they go on a better sale. My cruises are usually booked direct with USA site.

This time, I am booked through the UK site, so prices will show for example  £41.56 instead of $50. I booked all the bits I wanted when there was a sale last time, another sale has started today and although it looks like non of the things I booked have got a bigger discount then before, a lot of them are £1-£3 cheaper now because of the exchange rate. It probably works out about £12 total cheaper now than it was when I originally booked them.

First, I dont know if its immoral for me to request a refund for them all just to rebook with a better rate? Also is there anything that I am missing? will I be able to just request refund at the old prices and rebook with the slightly cheaper prices?

Im not sure why I am hesitating, but hoping that someone else experienced this and confirms there is no problems with doing it?

You just go into your planner and hit cancel. Forget calling someone they dont know. It's easier to cancel and wait for refund if it's on a card. Mine is obc so instant refund. 

You are dealing with IT, who is a machine and doesnt care if you are willing to wait for a refund.

I do this all the time, in fact, just a few minutes ago. Water was $20/cheaper than it was yesterday, better believe I canceled and reordered in the span of a minute. They get enough (maybe even TOO MUCH) of my money as it is.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Magicat said:

As a share holder of Royal Caribbean stocks I would advise against this and pay the extra. 😁

U may joke... but I think someone from RC is spying and has blocked me buying anything new at the moment 🤣 All of the reserve buttons are now greyed out... I got my eye on you  🤣

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 19.08.59.png

Edited by mashisback