Does Celebrity offer an airport transfer from LAX to the cruise port? Is it convenient?

PaperSniper4

We're thinking of flying to LAX the day before our cruise. However, transportation is my big worry. I detest flying into LAX due to the hassle of getting transportation to our pre-cruise hotel, etc.

Has anyone used a Celebrity airport transfer at LAX? I'm interested in where we'd meet the Celebrity bus and the cost, and if Celeb uses that in conjunction with a local hotel.

I'm not familiar with Celebrity's transfers for those flying into LAX but your travel agent or Celebrity (if you booked direct with the cruise line) should be able to answer your question.  Hopefully someone here on the Celebrity board may be able to provide an answer, too.

Don't recall if Celebrity offered a Transfer at LAX.  You should be able to go into cruise Planner or call agent or Celbrity.   I've generally found that if there are two or more traveling Uber is cheaper than the person charge for a transfer.    If like other airports, the transfer was only available  on the day of Embarkation and Disembarkation.    You meet the transfers in Baggage Terminal and they do not have accommodations for other days or to and from hotels.  That would probably rule it out if your coming in a day early and staying at a hotel. 

We used Uber to San Pedro and found it very easy.    You can be picked up curbside only if you are using Black.   If using regular Ubar you just grab a shuttle in front of each terminal to the LAXiT Lot.   From there there is a lane for Uber and One for Lyft.  

On our return the prices started surging right when disembarkation began so we just grabbed a Cab that was sitting there.    Prices were about the same as Uber but less than the Surge Pricing.

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Don't recall if Celebrity offered a Transfer at LAX.  You should be able to go into cruise Planner or call agent or Celbrity.   I've generally found that if there are two or more traveling Uber is cheaper than the person charge for a transfer.    If like other airports, the transfer was only available  on the day of Embarkation and Disembarkation.    You meet the transfers in Baggage Terminal and they do not have accommodations for other days or to and from hotels.  That would probably rule it out if your coming in a day early and staying at a hotel. 

We used Uber to San Pedro and found it very easy.    You can be picked up curbside only if you are using Black.   If using regular Ubar you just grab a shuttle in front of each terminal to the LAXiT Lot.   From there there is a lane for Uber and One for Lyft.  

On our return the prices started surging right when disembarkation began so we just grabbed a Cab that was sitting there.    Prices were about the same as Uber but less than the Surge Pricing.

I've never used Uber. Did you book them in advance? What is Uber "Black"? There could be four of us, at least returning to LAX from the ship. Arriving LAX a day prior to the cruise, I suspect we four would not be together since we're flying in from different parts of the country. Is Uber Black suitable for 2 and four people? I value convenience over money often.....old man, what can I say?😎