De LIbrije - help please?

kazu

I searched and most of the posts I could find only were about De LIbrije not being included in HIA but CC history now only goes back so far.  I seem to recall mixed reviews when it was offered but my memory can be short.  

De LIbrije is available on our upcoming cruise.  If you have done it - is it worth it and good?

I see 2 appetizers and entrees - is it like Cellar Master where you get a taste of al or do you choose 1 out of 2?

If those that have done it wouldn’t mind to share recommendations I would really appreciate it.  I don’t want to “lure” CC friends if it’s not worth the price (just under $82 USD).  (Indonesian is offered as well but since we did it on the P’dam for free several times, it’s not high on my list unless someone tells me I’m in error).

thanks 🙂 

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

I searched and most of the posts I could find only were about De LIbrije not being included in HIA but CC history now only goes back so far.  I seem to recall mixed reviews when it was offered but my memory can be short.  

De LIbrije is available on our upcoming cruise.  If you have done it - is it worth it and good?

I see 2 appetizers and entrees - is it like Cellar Master where you get a taste of al or do you choose 1 out of 2?

If those that have done it wouldn’t mind to share recommendations I would really appreciate it.  I don’t want to “lure” CC friends if it’s not worth the price (just under $82 USD).  (Indonesian is offered as well but since we did it on the P’dam for free several times, it’s not high on my list unless someone tells me I’m in error).

thanks 🙂 

Years ago we did a couple of times. Of all our wine pairing and special chefs dinners this was our least favorite. It was offered on a recent cruise and we didn’t go. Of course it’s been around a long time so must be popular to some. 
I remember the “Deconsructed Apple Pie desert which was apple pie divided into four small pieces.

6 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Years ago we did a couple of times. Of all our wine pairing and special chefs dinners this was our least favorite. It was offered on a recent cruise and we didn’t go. Of course it’s been around a long time so must be popular to some. 
I remember the “Deconsructed Apple Pie desert which was apple pie divided into four small pieces.

Thanks Bruce.  I appreciate this.  A big help.  

We did De Librje as a Pinnacle Grill pop up a few years ago. We liked it, but it was our least favorite by a pretty wide margin. Le Cirque took first place and the Chef Rudi's pop up would be in second place.

I don't regret trying it, but we wouldn't repeat it.

12 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We did De Librje as a Pinnacle Grill pop up a few years ago. We liked it, but it was our least favorite by a pretty wide margin. Le Cirque took first place and the Chef Rudi's pop up would be in second place.

I don't regret trying it, but we wouldn't repeat it.

Thank you very much.  

that tells me a lot.

I think I will wait until I board then. If I am lucky enough that there is a Cellar Maser - I think that will take priority.  Sel de Mer is already booked along with Tamarind, etc.  

And if it’s booked up, so be it and if not and I can find like minded roll call members who want to try it who knows?

Much appreciated, Brian 👍 

20 minutes ago, renee00 said:

I've reserved it for my August cruise. I'm looking forward to trying it, even if it ends up being a one-time thing for me.

Hope you enjoy it.  The menu looks intriguing.

• Like 1

There are no special meals available to book on our 25 day cruise in July.  In the past I was able to book them in advance.  I liked that because I didn't end up with a big bill at the end of the cruise.  I wonder what the criteria is for having special meals such as De Lebrje.  

9 hours ago, dfish said:

There are no special meals available to book on our 25 day cruise in July.  In the past I was able to book them in advance.  I liked that because I didn't end up with a big bill at the end of the cruise.  I wonder what the criteria is for having special meals such as De Lebrje.  

I think the ship has to be sailing out of the Netherlands for De Librje, Debbie?  I seem to recall reading that in the past. Our sailing is only 15 days but we leave from Amsterdam.

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I think the ship has to be sailing out of the Netherlands for De Librje, Debbie?  I seem to recall reading that in the past. Our sailing is only 15 days but we leave from Amsterdam.

That makes sense.   I am disappointed with no special meals being offered on a 25 day cruise.  No pop up Sel de Mer.  Nothing.  

20 minutes ago, dfish said:

That makes sense.   I am disappointed with no special meals being offered on a 25 day cruise.  No pop up Sel de Mer.  Nothing.  

I don’t blame you.  Sadly they cancelled the Pop Up Sel de Mer’s on the non Pinnacle ships.  (Stupid IMO). Hopefully some special meal may be offered on board like a Cellar Master? 🤞 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

I don’t blame you.  Sadly they cancelled the Pop Up Sel de Mer’s on the non Pinnacle ships.  (Stupid IMO). Hopefully some special meal may be offered on board like a Cellar Master? 🤞 

I hope so.  But, I do wish they would allow us to book those in advance.  It helps me plan finances better.  

• Like 1

Sort of off topic but still food......DH has done the Seafood Boil twice now and has really enjoyed it. It's usually just one night and held in a sectioned off part of the Lido. I don't care for seafood but I was able to find what I wanted in the Lido and join him at the table. Bibs were provided along with butcher paper covering the tables. It was well done.

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Sort of off topic but still food......DH has done the Seafood Boil twice now and has really enjoyed it. It's usually just one night and held in a sectioned off part of the Lido. I don't care for seafood but I was able to find what I wanted in the Lido and join him at the table. Bibs were provided along with butcher paper covering the tables. It was well done.

Thanks for posting that info.  DW doesn't like seafood, but it would be my first choice.  Good to know that she can join the table with her regular food while I enjoy myself! 😁

• Like 1

The meal came in a metal pot and the lid was used for shells. There was 1/2 a Dungeness crab, some clams, shrimp, a piece of salmon, mussels, corn and once with and once without scallops. A piece of garlic bread and dessert were included. Next time DH is going to ask for the crab to be served separately. Once the sauce was added to the pot it made the crab rather messy and hard to remove from the shell. But it was good.

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

There were several small signs in various spots. Definitely ask at the spot where you make specialty dining reservations when you board. DH had it on both the Noordam and the Nieuw Statendam.

We have Club Orange for dinner…I wonder if this could be requested at this venue…YUM!!

On 7/6/2023 at 4:54 AM, SusieKIslandGirl said:

The meal came in a metal pot and the lid was used for shells. There was 1/2 a Dungeness crab, some clams, shrimp, a piece of salmon, mussels, corn and once with and once without scallops. A piece of garlic bread and dessert were included. Next time DH is going to ask for the crab to be served separately. Once the sauce was added to the pot it made the crab rather messy and hard to remove from the shell. But it was good.

Sorry, but you forgot to mention the delicious soup (on board ms Zuiderdam) before the boil itself.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:46 PM, kazu said:

thanks 🙂 

on ms Zuiderdam they had a pop up Cellar Master dinner and Librije.   The Librije is (for quite a few years) a 3 star Michelin restaurant in he Netherlands. (3 stars is the max.) And one of the Worlds 50 top restaurants.  And the decomposed apple pie consits of far more than 4 pieces and "nothing" of those parts is what it looks like. Good taste and funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

on ms Zuiderdam they had a pop up Cellar Master dinner and Librije.   The Librije is (for quite a few years) a 3 star Michelin restaurant in he Netherlands. (3 stars is the max.) And one of the Worlds 50 top restaurants.  And the decomposed apple pie consits of far more than 4 pieces and "nothing" of those parts is what it looks like. Good taste and funny.

Thank you.  I will be elated if we have a Cellar Master dinner on our cruise 👍 

I am familiar with DeLibrije in the Netherlands, thanks.  So you had it onboard the Zuiderdam and enjoyed?  Dining on the ship is not always the same as the restaurant itself 😉. Thanks 🙂 

Been fortunate to dine at the restaurant twice. Amazing meal, service and wine! We have done the dinner 3x on ship and enjoyed but would jump at the chance of another Cellar Master dinner of I think it was called Chef’s Dinner (?). It was limited to 12-14 diners. I sure miss them both. 

54 minutes ago, freestyling said:

Been fortunate to dine at the restaurant twice. Amazing meal, service and wine! We have done the dinner 3x on ship and enjoyed but would jump at the chance of another Cellar Master dinner of I think it was called Chef’s Dinner (?). It was limited to 12-14 diners. I sure miss them both. 

Thanks.  Appreciate the feedback and - Yes Master Chef’s Table (or something like that) was the smaller one of 12-14.  Superb!  I wish they would bring it back.

15 hours ago, kazu said:

Thank you.  I will be elated if we have a Cellar Master dinner on our cruise 👍 

I am familiar with DeLibrije in the Netherlands, thanks.  So you had it onboard the Zuiderdam and enjoyed?  Dining on the ship is not always the same as the restaurant itself 😉. Thanks 🙂 

Cellar Master on board ms Zuiderdam was held in Canaletto; we did not participate. Enjoy your next cruise! 

• Like 1

On the Rotterdam right now for the 15 day Midnight Sun voyage. Both deLibreje and Cellar Masters dinners were offered. Cruise length has to be < than at least 7 days, more likely 10. I did not participate in deLibreje as I didn’t like it the last time I was on the Eurodam ( it was in the Caribbean) Cellar master dinner tonight so no review as of yet. I didn’t find out about it until boarding when I was informed my PG dinner reservation had been changed 

• Thanks 1