Celebrity Summit Bermuda MDR Dress Code for Teens/Kids

SnorkelFool

For those that have recently been on the Summit to Bermuda, did teens/kids wear nice shorts in the MDR for dinner? 

For the dress code police, please do not lecture about dress code or ask "why is it so hard to wear pants?"... I've read all those comments endlessly, and I'm aware of what the Celebrity website states as dress code. 

Thank you in advance for helpful replies.

Edited by SnorkelFool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The dress code is the same for children as adults.

That wasn't my question. I'm asking for those that have recently been on the Summit to Bermuda, did teens/kids wear nice shorts in the MDR.

• Haha 4

No, I have yet to see kids on The Summit wear shorts of any kind in the MDR, that is for dinner service.

YMMV - try it as someone else responded on another thread you posted this 'issue' to, but be prepared to have them change into long pants, if requested to do so or stand there and argue about "how nice" those shorts are.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

No, I have yet to see kids on The Summit wear shorts of any kind in the MDR.

YMMV - try it as someone else responded on another thread you posted this 'issue' to, but be prepared to have them change into long pants, if requested to do so or stand there and argue about "how nice" those shorts are.

bon voyage

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't posted this issue on any other threads - this is my first post anywhere on this topic (though I have read many). On some Celebrity groups on FB, I recently read someone complaining because some adults and children wore shorts in the MDR at dinner which is why I'm asking if those that have been on Summit to Bermuda this season have seen teens/kids wearing shorts. My child would prefer to wear shorts, if possible, which I have no problem with, but don't want to pack nice shorts if they won't be allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnorkelFool said:

Read the actual post.

I did. You asked 2 different questions. To respond "that wasn't my question" is not true and unfair to the person that tried to help you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

I did. You asked 2 different questions. To respond "that wasn't my question" is not true and unfair to the person that tried to help you.

The post title is not a question. It is a topic. The post has the question which is in reference to whether or not shorts for kids have been allowed in the MDR which relates to what they are allowing for the dress code in the MDR.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SnorkelFool said:

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't posted this issue on any other threads - this is my first post anywhere on this topic (though I have read many). On some Celebrity groups on FB, I recently read someone complaining because some adults and children wore shorts in the MDR at dinner which is why I'm asking if those that have been on Summit to Bermuda this season have seen teens/kids wearing shorts. My child would prefer to wear shorts, if possible, which I have no problem with, but don't want to pack nice shorts if they won't be allowed.

My suggestion is, as the five (5) boys on our group sailing did, the parents prepared them for the pants issue and let them pick out which two (2) pairs they wanted to wear for dinner and dinner only and afterwards allowed them to go change back into shorts... 

After day three (3) they did not want to change clothes vs getting back to Camp to play with their friends... as such it became a non-issue even if some of the others were wearing shorts...

I do apologize for mistaking your post for another, as it was just posted in this forum no less than three (3) days ago... My apologies again.

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SnorkelFool said:

For those that have recently been on the Summit to Bermuda, did teens/kids wear nice shorts in the MDR for dinner? 

For the dress code police, please do not lecture about dress code or ask "why is it so hard to wear pants?"... I've read all those comments endlessly, and I'm aware of what the Celebrity website states as dress code. 

If you're aware and have read endlessly, why are you asking? 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Celebrity’s dress code is not by age. If a kid is old enough to cruise, they are old enough to follow the rules.

And before you jump on me, your thread title is Celebrity Summit Bermuda MDR Dress Code for Teens/Kids so yes, you are asking about the dress code.

Yes, I am asking those that have recently sailed to Bermuda on Summit what is currently being allowed for dress code in the MDR for kids. I'm not asking what is the standard dress code policy. As I stated in my post, I am well aware of the stated Celebrity dress code policy.

1 minute ago, cw2go said:

If you're aware and have read endlessly, why are you asking? 

No need to answer, we already know...

Patty 

Have you just recently been on the Summit to Bermuda? If not, my question was not for you.

• Haha 1

Just now, SnorkelFool said:

Have you just recently been on the Summit to Bermuda? If not, my question was not for you.

Yes I have and kids wore pants! Including my own! 

Patty 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SnorkelFool said:

Yes, I am asking those that have recently sailed to Bermuda on Summit what is currently being allowed for dress code in the MDR for kids. I'm not asking what is the standard dress code policy. As I stated in my post, I am well aware of the stated Celebrity dress code policy.

They are not ALLOWED.  There is always what they will GET AWAY WITH?  Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

It's never too early to start teaching children what is expected of them in society.  This is not a slam against your parenting skills.  We teach them to say please and thank you and eat with a fork.  The expectation here is that the stated dress code should be adhered to.  

I don't recall seeing any teens or children in the MDR.  I did see kids wearing shorts in the buffet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SnorkelFool said:

I edited my previous post to give you the benefit of the doubt but we can clearly see that you want for us to tell you that when you show up to the MDR, regardless of the published dress code that your kids are going to be let in without issue. Simple put none of us here can tell you what you'll experience onboard. 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

My suggestion is, as the five (5) boys on our group sailing did, the parents prepared them for the pants issue and let them pick out which two (2) pairs they wanted to wear for dinner and dinner only and afterwards allowed them to go change back into shorts... 

After day three (3) they did not want to change clothes vs getting back to Camp to play with their friends... as such it became a non-issue even if some of the others were wearing shorts...

I do apologize for mistaking your post for another, as it was just posted in this forum no less than three (3) days ago... My apologies again.

bon appetit and bon voyage

Again, thanks for the reply. What you have stated is what I have prepared my child to be ready to do. However, having recently read some people on other sites say that teens/kids are wearing shorts in the MDR, I wanted to see if others on the current Bermuda Summit sailings have seen this as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cw2go said:

I edited my previous post to give you the benefit of the doubt but we can clearly see that you want for us to tell you that when you show up to the MDR, regardless of the published dress code that your kids are going to be let in without issue. Simple put none of us here can tell you what you'll experience onboard. 

Patty 

I'm not looking to be told that "when you show up to the MDR, regardless of the published dress code that your kids are going to be let in without issue." I'm looking to see what others that have traveled the current Bermuda itinerary have expereicned in the MDR regarding kids and shorts. That's it. Given that on another site, a cruiser was just complaining that children (and adults) were wearing shorts in the MDR, I wanted to see if others had seen the same thing. 

21 minutes ago, SnorkelFool said:

The post title is not a question. It is a topic. The post has the question which is in reference to whether or not shorts for kids have been allowed in the MDR which relates to what they are allowing for the dress code in the MDR.

Well your post topic is confusing the issue. You can ask to have it changed to something clearer like "Summit to Bermuda: Do kids/teens ignore the MDR dress code so mine can too?"

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, SnorkelFool said:

If you read the dress code, you should already have the answer! Why ask the question?

• Like 2