Ocean medallion

Mjkny

We are Elite staying in a cat. S6 Suite. Are we supposed to be paying shipping for our Medallions ? Don't remember paying for them in the past TYIA

Edited by Mjkny

• Mjkny changed the title to Ocean medallion

If you don't have Princess Plus or Princess Premier packages that include "free" medallion shipping, then yes you pay $10 to ship them to your home. If you don't have one of those packages, then just pick it up at the port; to biggie. Cabin category means nothing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Potstech said:

You should not.

Why not? Medallion shipping isn't free. It's $10 per order 

If the op were to have purchased the Princess Plus or Premier Cruise Packages, then medallion shipping is included in those packages 

Being Elite or class of cabin booked has no bearing on cost to ship medallion. 

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

If you don't have Princess Plus or Princess Premier packages that include "free" medallion shipping, then yes you pay $10 to ship them to your home. If you don't have one of those packages, then just pick it up at the port; to biggie. Cabin category means nothing.

As someone who would never be booking a Suite (unless we won Mega or Power lottery somehow), I should think that guests booking a Suite ought to be able to have Medallions shipped for free and not charged a nickel-and-dime extra $10.

• Like 2

We were supposed to get free shipping with our Plus package but we were charged for our May cruise (which seems to be a recurring issue). I ended up going to guest services while on board and getting it reversed.

26 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

We were supposed to get free shipping with our Plus package but we were charged for our May cruise (which seems to be a recurring issue). I ended up going to guest services while on board and getting it reversed.

For our cruises this fall the free shipping went right through on the app. For our cruise next May it wants to charge me even though we are booked with Plus. Stupid app. I'll either just give in and pay it and get reimbursed or pick it up at the pier but, for now, I'll just wait and see if it gets sorted out on the app with the next update. I tried to see about it on the web site but that cruise doesn't even show up in the online app replacement.

2 hours ago, Potstech said:

There should be no shipping fee if Princess requires it.  Used to be that way.  We will pick ours up at the pier.

Princess doesn't require shipping the medallions. It's an option. You can pick them up for free at port like everyone who doesn't live in the US, or have a US address for shipping, has to do...

Shipping isn't free, why shouldn't they charge for it if someone wants to have it shipped to them? 

• Like 2

@reedprincess

What you say makes sense, except for one thing. Princess requires the medallion. They---not you, not me, not anyone reading this---came up with the idea. They should bear the cost of their business decision.

(And yes, I know that if they don't charge for it directly, they'll charge for it indirectly---burying it in the cruise fare or whatever. But what they're doing is to clearly shift the (unwanted) cost to the consumer, which I think is poor practice in every respect).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

@reedprincess

What you say makes sense, except for one thing. Princess requires the medallion. They---not you, not me, not anyone reading this---came up with the idea. They should bear the cost of their business decision.

(And yes, I know that if they don't charge for it directly, they'll charge for it indirectly---burying it in the cruise fare or whatever. But what they're doing is to clearly shift the (unwanted) cost to the consumer, which I think is poor practice in every respect).

Yes, the medallion is required. No one is debating that. It's free for everyone. 

SHIPPING the medallion is NOT required at all. It's 100% free to pick up at port just as the former cruise cards were for decades, keys before that, etc. 

Shipping is an option (for US addresses only). 

Why shouldn't shipping be charged for those who choose to have it delivered in advance?  (Bearing in mind that it's "free" for those who prepurchase the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages).. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

So what? Before the Medallion they "required" the cruise card and they didn't ship those to people. You had to pick them up at the port. The only difference here is that they will actually ship them if you like and, if you have purchased their Plus of Premier plan, they ship them for free.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 8:10 PM, Potstech said:

Increase the cost of each cruise by $20.00  ( cost of two Medallions per cabin).  Who would even notice or care?

Well I wouldn't notice but it's not fair to solos .... unless you agree with Future Cruise Consultants onboard that solos should pick another line

On another note:: booked standard fare but getting medallion mailed to me?? Obviously something is mixed up

2 hours ago, Mjkny said:

Found out today with the plus package they charge you then credit you, or if they don't credit you go to the desk snd they will 

That has not been my experience. When ordering, it shows a charge, til I get to checkout and voila, it's zero.

You do need to make sure the app is registering your Plus or Premier package.

And those who purchased their Plus or Premier cruise packages before Dec 14, 2022, do not have medallion shipping as one of the perks - unless they've upgraded to the new packages. 

55 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting...I've heard a LOT of people say that, but we've NEVER been charged shipping; we always book Plus Fare.  If it matters (I don't think it does) we're Platinum.

Just to clarify...I NEVER do any of my booking/planning on the app!  I always use either the Cruise Personalizer or the "web version" of the app.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:10 PM, Potstech said:

Increase the cost of each cruise by $20.00  ( cost of two Medallions per cabin).  Who would even notice or care?

I'm sure many Elites have noticed since they've removed most other perks that Elites have had in past years.

Any yes we care.

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Okay $20 for a cruise bad but $60.00+ a day for drinks and other benefits including shipping good?

That's another charge we can do without. 

I guess we're just frugal. (cheap)