Allure Amplification

27 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

The crown lounge on Allure is going to be moved. Everyone might as well accept it. Same with the slides. Sabor, is a goner as well. Those are all pretty much done deals. Giovanni’s Table is probabky be flipped to Giovanni’s Kitchen.

It’s what is replacing Sabor and the Crown Lounge that is not fully known. Sabor is probably playmakers but who knows what they will choose for the resturant to replace the crown lounge.

Hopefully they turn studio on air into a piano bar or something .

There is no information yet as to whether there will be any changes from the original amplification plan. Here's the original press release from 2019 for the cancelled 2020 Amplification:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/

If they stick with the original plan, I believe that Sabors will be replaced by Portside BBQ. The Diamond/Crown lounge becomes Playmakers, and yes, the Crown lounge would go to the windowless deck 4. Dazzles will become Music Hall. The one I really hope they drop is changing the Champagne Bar to a Bionic Bar. I think that has run it's course and I think RC knows it. I think they'd be much better off trying to put the Pesky Parrot in there instead (that's what Utopia will have in that spot).

Studio On Air will most likely become Spotlight Karaoke. That seems incredibly popular, and what it's used for much of the time anyway. However, for me personally, I like your idea of a piano bar.

But we'll have to just wait and see what gets announced.

2 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

We are on the first sailing in Europe 2025.

I hope she Will Be ready for the 15. Th of april 2025.

some times This sailing is not on the website

Nice! I hope she is ready for you also!

We were booked on her post-Amplification TA in 2020 that was obviously cancelled.

The new post-Amplification TA was just released Tuesday night and we booked it right away. 

29 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

There is no information yet as to whether there will be any changes from the original amplification plan.

You're right, they haven't announced anything yet.  But in the latest earnings call Jason Liberty referred to things they've learned from Icon being used in the upcoming "modernization" of Allure.  That seems to indicate that some aspects of the original amplification plans have changed, at least a little bit.  Hoping you're right that one of those changes is ditching the Bionic Bar.  Seems to be a pretty universally ignored space.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We are planning our first sailing with RCL on Allure April 2025, 7 night Western Caribbean out of Barcelona.  I have seen comments that she is in major need of a refurbishment.  This is what I have found below, do they replace all carpet and update rooms or is it just basic dining and environmental stuff?  We have sailed 6 times on Carnival ships and are tired of smelly old ships!  We have the option to sail on the Odyssey of the Seas for Greece/Italy May 2025. Is that a better choice?  

• The planned additions included a new set of waterslides, as well as updated dining venues, new specialty dining options and new bars and lounges.
  • This revitalization underscores Royal Caribbean’s dedication to its fleet’s excellence and sustainability, promising an even more compelling and environmentally conscious cruising experience for its passengers
Edited by HairyDawg

53 minutes ago, HairyDawg said:

We have the option to sail on the Odyssey of the Seas for Greece/Italy May 2025. Is that a better choice?  

Welcome to CC.

Yes, if you want something newer.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Announcement made in May's C&A Newsletter:

image.thumb.png.fc68069f352e6b2cd4764cb9ab58c8c3.png

Now we need the official announcement of exactly what they will do, and whether they stick completely with the original plans or alter those plans in any way.

As a reminder, here's the original press release:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1403/new-amplified-adventures-on-royal-caribbeans-allure-of-the-seas-to-make-a-summer-splash-in-europe/

On 2/15/2024 at 3:19 PM, wreckem2013 said:

The crown lounge on Allure is going to be moved. Everyone might as well accept it. Same with the slides. Sabor, is a goner as well. Those are all pretty much done deals. Giovanni’s Table is probabky be flipped to Giovanni’s Kitchen.

It’s what is replacing Sabor and the Crown Lounge that is not fully known. Sabor is probably playmakers but who knows what they will choose for the resturant to replace the crown lounge.

Hopefully they turn studio on air into a piano bar or something .

I'll gladly take Giovanni's Kitchen.  We loved it on Wonder.  We won't miss Sabor.  

On 5/29/2024 at 7:31 AM, Sianli said:

We flew to LAX from DEN last Friday (on board now), on the 9:am flight. . Followed signs to rideshare. Uber was $54.  Inc auto tip. We always tip cash so not sure why the auto tip of $10.84 was added and just noticed it on receipt. We were at the port by 10:40,

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Been a while since we were on the Allure, it was my very first experience of cruising back in 12th May 2019 and it’s our 35th Anniversary August 2025 so are considering booking a cruise on the Allure to celebrate and only realised it’s in for a refurb on Feb 2025. Does anyone know what they intend to change/add to the ship?

I hope it’s a Playmakers because we loved it on the Wonder when last on it.

Edited by Luminated67

Posted (edited)

I just got off Allure yesterday and didn't think it looked old at all. I really enjoyed the ship. Sure, she's missing some of the restaurants that you're used to seeing on newer Oasis class ships (Wonderland, Hooked, Playmakers), but at the same time it was kind of nice to see some different stuff (Sabor and the Brazilian steakhouse, even though I didn't eat at either of them).

She doesn't have the musical stairs leading up to the windjammer (but that may be a relief to some people who find the noise annoying). And the internet signal isn't as good as the newer ships. 

But the wide open view without the slides on the Boardwalk was neat to see. I don't care either way if they add slides, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to leave 1 ship with the open view (and leave the Tequila bar in its place). She still has a champagne bar instead of the bionic robot bar, that was a refreshing change. 

It's just not exactly the same as the newer Oasis class ships, that's all. I'd sail her again in a heartbeat (in fact I have a September cruise in my shopping cart, I just haven't pulled the trigger because I need to look at my work calendar). 

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 2

Let's keep it to this thread:

At this point we can only speculate. There has been nothing official form RCL other than they finally announced that it will be an Amplification. All we know of potential plans is what was originally planned:

It's a 6-week dry dock from end of February to beginning of April.

When the original Amplification was cancelled, she was only about 5 weeks away from dry dock. One would have to imagine that a lot of the custom built stuff was already in warehouses nearby in Cadiz. Anything RCL couldn't immediately sell or repurpose (like TVs?) is likely still there (like the giant purple slide).

When we were on Allure last September, the hotel director at the loyalty event said that Sabor and Champagne bar were going away. That matches the original plan, which originally would have been Portside BBQ and Robotic Bar (we can hope for a Pesky Parrot). The original plan had a Playmakers, and no Wonderland. The speculation is that if they keep it that way, that it will replace the Crown(Diamond) lounge. It's almost a guarantee that the Crown lounge will be relegated to the windowless deck 4.

We were originally booked on the post-Amplification TA in 2020. We booked the WB TA next October the day the itinerary was released.

Again, let's try to keep comments, replied in the other thread.

• Host Kat changed the title to Allure Amplification
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve checked the deck plans to see what is changing after the spring “amp”. I don’t see where all the new venues are going, and what venues are being removed.  I’m hoping Johnny Rockets will still be there. I chose this particular cruise to the western Mediterranean Sea with the family over the Celebrity cruise partly because of Johnny Rockets. I’m sure a TA out there has the information about what is on the chopping block.  Where are the new places going?

• Like 1

We are also on a Med Allure cruise in 2025 and I can't find any details on what is changing, strange really as you would think it would be part of the sales marketing.

Posted (edited)

I don't think anybody can confirm the specifics, but what is understood is that Allure will finally receive her modernization which was part of the amplification program suspended with her as a result of the pandemic shut down.

In general terms, all that I believe has been announced is waterslides, updated dining venues, new specialty dining options and new bars an lounges.  But I have not heard any more detailed specifics.

I know Oasis kept Johnny Rockets and added Portside BBQ (the only ship to have this venue).  She also has Playmakers.  Maybe Allure will be similar.

As far as I am aware I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I have a TA booked on Allure for Oct 2025, and when I checked prices today (to see if there's been any price drops) I noticed they added an "amped" sticker to the page. Maybe they're getting ready to start advertising it and will let us know.

I hope they add a Playmakers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I have a TA booked on Allure for Oct 2025, and when I checked prices today (to see if there's been any price drops) I noticed they added an "amped" sticker to the page. Maybe they're getting ready to start advertising it and will let us know.

I hope they add a Playmakers.  

Interesting, and yes absolutely agree with you, really hope they add a Playmakers.

22 minutes ago, Tin can said:

Interesting, and yes absolutely agree with you, really hope they add a Playmakers.

Agree and I'm guessing they will.  Sabor is rather old and average IMO and Playmakers occupies that space well on Oasis.  It is also currently on eight other ships (four of which are Oasis class) - hopefully Allure will be nine.

• Like 1

I'd bet they add the purple abyss. It's not a water slide, it's in the boardwalk where it ends. I think all the oasis class have it but allure. Shouldnt mean removing anything. I wouldn't worry. 

13 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Hey..that's my TA...lol. yeah, excited they're finally amping her, doesn't even mention playmakers which is what I'm most excited for

It's there.

Updated Press Release:

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1738/introducing-royal-caribbeans-100m-plus-all-out-glow-up-of-allure-of-the-seas/

The "other" site's blog post mentioned a teaser video. It's not on Youtube. Not yet anyway

• Like 1

Playmakers is on the list of things to be added, as is the Ultimate Abyss (it feels a bit weird to me that the Ultimate Abyss section is where they added the shaved ice; must not have been considered a big enough deal to have its own bullet point):

INTRODUCING ROYAL CARIBBEAN’S $100M-PLUS, ALL-OUT GLOW-UP OF ALLURE OF THE SEAS | Royal Caribbean Press Center

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are some updates for the Allure from a press release issued today:

• Ultimate Abyss being added
  • Addition of Perfect Storm waterslides
  • Redesigned resort-style pool deck 
  • Addition of shaved ice bar near Ultimate Abyss
  • Addition of Pesky Parrot bar
  • Addition of Lime & Coconut
  • Splashaway Bay
  • Royal Escape Room
  • Glow-in-the-dark laser tag
  • Addition of: Playmakers, Mason Jar, El Loco Fresh
  • Two new Ultimate Panoramic Suites (Star Class)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1