How strict is the dress code onboard?

RonWL

Took me a full glass of wine to catch up on all the shenanigans in this thread. Thanks to all for the entertainment!

I got my current tux at Macys at least 15, maybe closer to 20, years ago. It replaced an older one that was getting too big for me. It's becoming a struggle to stay comfortably in it but it did still fit when I wore it for my brother's wedding two weeks ago in Peru. Hopefully it will be able to make the next few SS cruises with me. If not, I do have a larger one in reserve.

And if I'm methodical about it, I can bring a tux and enough other clothes to meet the dress code requirements in a carry-on.

OK, now I'm ready for a refill. Carry on.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Took me a full glass of wine to catch up on all the shenanigans in this thread. Thanks to all for the entertainment!

I got my current tux at Macys at least 15, maybe closer to 20, years ago. It replaced an older one that was getting too big for me. It's becoming a struggle to stay comfortably in it but it did still fit when I wore it for my brother's wedding two weeks ago in Peru. Hopefully it will be able to make the next few SS cruises with me. If not, I do have a larger one in reserve.

And if I'm methodical about it, I can bring a tux and enough other clothes to meet the dress code requirements in a carry-on.

OK, now I'm ready for a refill. Carry on.

Red or white?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Well, I’ll be damned. How do you do it? And, you even have space for a tie?

From what I’ve read throughout these forums over the past couple of years from new SS passengers who’d like SS to banish formal evenings all together, I thought it had become impossible for a gentleman to bring a tux, or dark suit, and all the other accoutrements of a cruise wardrobe in this post pandemic world.  Good to read in your report that it’s not only possible, but can even be done with just carry-on luggage.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Well, I’ll be damned. How do you do it? And, you even have space for a tie?

From what I’ve read throughout these forums over the past couple of years from new SS passengers who’d like SS to banish formal evenings all together, I thought it had become impossible for a gentleman to bring a tux, or dark suit, and all the other accoutrements of a cruise wardrobe in this post pandemic world.  Good to read in your report that it’s not only possible, but can even be done with just carry-on luggage.

I’m still panicking that I’ve only got 30kg on my next trip. Weighing up Luggageforward for my next cruise bit (despite being on a somewhat less dressy ship) unless I find an Emirates platinum member to nominate me as a gold member in the meantime. 

This thread has become the Cooler under another name, and I can't cope with two.  Please stop it or return to the usual dreary argument between those who care about dress code and those who don't, and the rest of us can stop paying attention.

Lola   (awake in the middle of the night, like Davey).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

You bringing your shoe wardrobe?  If so, you’re screwed.

If I’m down to 30kg I reckon I’ll have to make do with a dozen pairs or so. I’ll have to leave anything practical behind so might end up having to traipse around Bondi beach in my dandelions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

This thread has become the Cooler under another name, and I can't cope with two.  Please stop it or return to the usual dreary argument between those who care about dress code and those who don't, and the rest of us can stop paying attention.

Lola   (awake in the middle of the night, like Davey).

So sorry Lola but I just had to impart a little irrelevance into yet another thread about you know what. Sweet dreams when you find them. Xxx

2 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

If I’m down to 30kg I reckon I’ll have to make do with a dozen pairs or so. I’ll have to leave anything practical behind so might end up having to traipse around Bondi beach in my dandelions. 

So when is this traipsing around Bondi Beach  happening ???  😮

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Things could get even more complicated now because red jackets (despite being scarlet) are referred to as “pinks”. I Wonder if they are acceptable on formal night?  Even more importantly would a stock pass as a tie? 

No