Live Seascape YC (7/9-7/16): A Celebrity Loyalist Jumps Ship

GenerationX

On 7/25/2023 at 11:09 PM, frank808 said:

We have MSC Euriba for 3 weeks in Oct 2024 out of Hamburg. Have MSC America booked 5/24/25 to 6/21/25 in Miami if you are looking at booking a MSC cruise 🙂.

We will be boarding Brilliance on Sept 17 in Vancouver for her last Alaskan cruise and then stay on for our first trans pacific to home to Hawaii. 

Off topic, but was thinking of you and your family as we see the wildfire devastation. Hope you were unaffected and doing well.

mac_tlc

Just come across this review and thoroughly enjoyed reading it, thanks for taking the time to tell us all about your experiences.

We have done a lot of cruising on Celebrity and enjoy it very much but the prices for the Retreat have just got silly here in Europe. MSC YC has become a go to for many of the reasons you have highlighted.

Glad that you and your lovely daughter had a great cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 5:37 AM, mac_tlc said:

Off topic, but was thinking of you and your family as we see the wildfire devastation. Hope you were unaffected and doing well.

mac_tlc

We are doing fine as we live on Oahu.  Prayers to all those that are on Maui.

Just found out or trans pacific stop is no longer going to Lahaina Maui. I wish RCL would stop in Kihei. The stores and people for the rest of the island need visitors and their spending. Just not in Lahaina.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, frank808 said:

Just found out or trans pacific stop is no longer going to Lahaina Maui. I wish RCL would stop in Kihei. The stores and people for the rest of the island need visitors and their spending. Just not in Lahaina.

I can't think of any place in Kihei where a ship the size of RCL's (or any other cruise line) would be able to set up a tender operation for shore calls.  Maybe Maalaea, but that's quite aways from Kihei...

But I do get your point about the need for tourist money...

Edited by Av8tor

9 hours ago, frank808 said:

That’s good to hear! Your beautiful state is on my bucket list of places to visit. We are Disney Vacation Club members so we have always wanted to visit Aulani. Would like to combine it with a cruise to or from Oz or Vancouver.

mac_tlc

22 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

That’s good to hear! Your beautiful state is on my bucket list of places to visit. We are Disney Vacation Club members so we have always wanted to visit Aulani. Would like to combine it with a cruise to or from Oz or Vancouver.

mac_tlc

Aulani is a great place with the grandkids. They will have a blast there doing all the activities. If just you and your wife I would suggest the Marriott Ko Olina beach club for your stay. Much more relaxed and not as loud.

Wife and I are doing our first trans Pacific. In about 3 weeks we are taking Brilliance on her last Alaska sailing of this year. Then staying on for the trans Pacific and getting off in Honolulu. Great to only have to fly one way! In 2024 we are thinking of doing the same Alaska to Honolulu but stay on all the way to Oz and then cruising and touring Oz and New Zealand before flying home.

See you two on a future cruise.