Getting a Refund from Cunard / Carnival Corporation

Kiwi_cruiser

Due to cruises cancelled due to covid and my father passing away we ended up with money owning, which we have asked Cunard to refund us.

(This is a very long story....., this is the short version.).

Has anyone had a refund from Cunard (Carnival PLC) before?

If so have you had it from HSBC Payment service?

I struggled getting a refund from a cruise cancelled during the pandemic and after many months waiting and finally threatening legal action finally received a refund. Unfortunately they refunded me direct to credit card and the 2 days later received a cheque so reimbursed twice. The trying to refund overpayment was even harder. Was told to send a cheque to an address which was never cashed and then months later was told to send another cheque which was cashed. Was this the end of the matter unfortunately not after my second cheque was cashed, which meant I had received correct refund and repaid the correct payment in which Cunard had overpaid me, they then the following week sent me a nasty letter threatening legal action for an amount owed to. Cunard which was even higher than the cruise cost. Very poor and awful service from  Cunard of which there is no excuse.

18 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Due to cruises cancelled due to covid and my father passing away we ended up with money owning, which we have asked Cunard to refund us.

(This is a very long story....., this is the short version.).

Has anyone had a refund from Cunard (Carnival PLC) before?

If so have you had it from HSBC Payment service?

From personal experience.  
Obtaining refunds, because of Cunard errors, or having FCDs restored, one is up against the wonderful Cunard Computer System.  

The recurring nightmare will be when Cunard Customer Services say “COMPUTER SAYS NO”, which the Blob at the end of the telephone will 100% accept even though there is an error.
And because COMPUTER SAYS NO, the Blob will hear, but not listen.
One has got to be resolute and keep on fighting.

Good luck…..

5 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

From personal experience.  
Obtaining refunds, because of Cunard errors, or having FCDs restored, one is up against the wonderful Cunard Computer System.  

The recurring nightmare will be when Cunard Customer Services say “COMPUTER SAYS NO”, which the Blob at the end of the telephone will 100% accept even though there is an error.
And because COMPUTER SAYS NO, the Blob will hear, but not listen.
One has got to be resolute and keep on fighting.

Good luck…..

Or book through a great agent and let them do the Cunard harassing for you. Works for us. 🙂

• Like 2

I must say I have found people at the other end of a telephone at Cunard universally pleasant and helpful if not always highly proactive. Why one should refer to them - or any other human being - as ‘the Blob’ I cannot imagine.

As to refunds, when we had one, because of Covid, an amount equivalent to the deposit was returned within ten days to me by cheque, although the cheque we had paid by was my husband’s. It took months of pressing via our TA to get the rest, and that came via our TA. A mysterious process indeed.

• Like 1

I have always found the Cunard  working out of CUK staff pleasant and understand they can only do what their role and permissions allow. I am not comfortable with contact centre staff being referred to as Blobs , seems rather derogatory to me. 

• Like 2