Can I purchase Have It All on embarkation day?

Vinst3r

My cruise leaves in a couple of days and I found out I couldn't purchase the Have It All package online. I called and couldn't add it that way either.

Is the Have It All package available for purchase on embarkation? Is it immediate and do I get a Signature drink card?

This is the Volendam leaving from Vancouver.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The reason you couldn't buy it at such a late date is that they close out advance purchases in order to have time to load all the data onto the ship in time for sailing.

I know that there were flyers in my room advertising the drinks packages and wifi packages. I think there may have been one for HIA, but I can't swear to it. 

If you do buy HIA, you won't get a drink card. Your room key will have HIA printed on it (they can print a new key card for you).

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vinst3r said:

My cruise leaves in a couple of days and I found out I couldn't purchase the Have It All package online. I called and couldn't add it that way either.

Is the Have It All package available for purchase on embarkation? Is it immediate and do I get a Signature drink card?

You may have to settle for the Signature Beverage Package purchased from the first bartender you see and buy your specialty dinner and/or shore excursion by themselves. The internet will likely not be very good on the ship as you'll be far from the equatorial communication satellites orbits, haven't heard that the V got StarLink anyway. 

Let us know what you find out!

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

You may have to settle for the Signature Beverage Package purchased from the first bartender you see and buy your specialty dinner and/or shore excursion by themselves. The internet will likely not be very good on the ship as you'll be far from the equatorial communication satellites orbits, haven't heard that the V got StarLink anyway. 

Let us know what you find out!

I think you are right.  One of our roll call members decided it was a good deal and should have bought it.  They couldn’t get it on board - but that was back in December and on the K.  

Volendam is a smaller ship and the crew very obliging so who knows?  Hopefully the OP can 🤞 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vinst3r said:

I checked with Guest Services on embarkation and was told it had to be added before the cruise.

Thank you for the update.  This information is helpful to others.  I hope you are having a fantastic cruise.

I'm pretty sure that all advance purchases have to be completed 3 days before sailing. HAL HQ has to transmit the manifests to the ports and ships. I'd use a week as my cut off just to add a margin of safety. In addition to the Beverage Packages, a lot of items are less expensive in advance.