Condition of the Reflection- Yes or no?

imlulu

Booked a cruise to the ABC islands on the Reflection. It’s our first time on Celebrity. We booked the cruise due to itinerary, time of year,  and price. We had really wanted HAL Rotterdam but price kept going up with no amenities. We understand Reflection is an older ship. Recent cruisers how is the condition of the ship? We aren’t tied to the ship or the cruise. If not in good shape, may cancel and look at other vacation options. The E class infinite verandas are not really of interest. 

TIA

• Haha 1

Sailed on Reflection last year a couple of weeks before it went into dry dock. Stayed in AQ and the sofa in my cabin and friends cabin next door had been changed out at some point away from the awful deep red fabric ones to the newer beige ones. I don't think all cabins have had that change though so I have a feeling the older red sofas remaining can look a bit tatty/naff. Someone feel free to correct me on that one. 

Regarding the rest of the ship, all the balcony hand rails were being painted as we were on board, we had wet paint signs up one day. They were also actively sanding/grinding down areas of the ship which had some rust and repainting them. 

I thought the ship was in great condition, the only thing at the time which stuck out to me was the wooden decking around the hot tubs and pools was worn, cracked and peeling and in a not great state, but I believe all that wood was replaced during the dry dock. 

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Reflection again, it's a great ship in great condition and the only thing that really gives away its age is some of the colour and decor choices.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, OysterD said:

Sailed on Reflection last year a couple of weeks before it went into dry dock. Stayed in AQ and the sofa in my cabin and friends cabin next door had been changed out at some point away from the awful deep red fabric ones to the newer beige ones. I don't think all cabins have had that change though so I have a feeling the older red sofas remaining can look a bit tatty/naff. Someone feel free to correct me on that one. 

Regarding the rest of the ship, all the balcony hand rails were being painted as we were on board, we had wet paint signs up one day. They were also actively sanding/grinding down areas of the ship which had some rust and repainting them. 

I thought the ship was in great condition, the only thing at the time which stuck out to me was the wooden decking around the hot tubs and pools was worn, cracked and peeling and in a not great state, but I believe all that wood was replaced during the dry dock. 

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Reflection again, it's a great ship in great condition and the only thing that really gives away its age is some of the colour and decor choices.

Hi Oyster,

Did you notice any vibration during your cruise ?

1 hour ago, horseymike said:

Did you notice any vibration during your cruise ?

We enjoyed our cruise on the Reflection last August and found the ship in great condition👍

Some shaking was experienced around the World Class Bar and Martini Bar 🤪

Jokes aside, we did find the ship in almost the same condition as when we sailed her in nine years earlier. Only a few pieces of furniture did seem worn, but I'm sure this has already been fixed 😉

• Like 3

Reflection isn't that old. It's the newest of the S class at not quite 11 years old. But there were also no passengers on the ship for 19 months. It also had a refresh in fall of 2022. We were on shortly before the dry dock and aside from rough balcony furniture there were no issues. 

• Like 1

We sailed Reflection in February 2022 and February 2023.  She was in great condition when we sailed both before and after dry dock.  We will do the A,B,C cruise this February and are very excited to return to her! 

• Like 2