Deployment 2025-26 booking season begins

10 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Yes but that's from the last update in JULY 2025, obviously @SummmerInKefaloniahas the most recent programs which feature Brilliance from Piraeus, see his latest post #897  .

If you want to trust a poster on a message board over the port authority in charge of the port itself, more power to you. Until Royal themselves has the sailings under question on sale, I'm trusting the people in charge of the ports. Ships might be swapped later, but at the moment, the hard evidence is pointing towards Brilliance in Amsterdam. The Cruise Port Amsterdam has the ship listed for summer 2025. Multiple ports in Iceland have the ship listed for summer 2025. If Brilliance isn't ending up there, I'll be mildly surprised.

Edited by Rackham
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rackham said:

Ships might be swapped later, but at the moment, the hard evidence is pointing towards Brilliance in Amsterdam. The Cruise Port Amsterdam has the ship listed for summer 2025. Multiple ports in Iceland have the ship listed for summer 2025. If Brilliance isn't ending up there, I'll be mildly surprised.

The data provided by Amsterdam Port Authority can be outdated and not regularly updated. The fact that recent bookings for Brilliance have been made in Athens would suggest to me that she is going there, at least from June. However, there is still potential for a short Northern Europe season, or a full one carried out by another ship. 

I would be highly surprised if they pull out of Amsterdam completely for 2025. Although, I do think they may have moved away from original plans, especially with recent events in Israel.

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rackham said:

If you want to trust a poster on a message board over the port authority in charge of the port itself, more power to you. Until Royal themselves has the sailings under question on sale, I'm trusting the people in charge of the ports. Ships might be swapped later, but at the moment, the hard evidence is pointing towards Brilliance in Amsterdam. The Cruise Port Amsterdam has the ship listed for summer 2025. Multiple ports in Iceland have the ship listed for summer 2025. If Brilliance isn't ending up there, I'll be mildly surprised.

Have a look at the cruise call schedule of Limassol, from June 2025, Brilliance is listed there regularly: https://limassolcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/limassolcruise/2023/10/Cruise-Schedule_2023_2024_2025.pdf

those calls are newer than the Amsterdam calls which existed for a while already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Hopefully they will add Jewel or even Grandeur to Europe to solve this issue...

That’s what I also hope. I mean such Northern Europe cruises with North Cape, around UK and Iceland seem to work well for other lines like Princess, HAL, Celebrity, NCL, even Carnival, so I’m wondering that RCI should have trouble selling those cruises? I mean now that the Amsterdam program in 2024 will even be extended, due to recent happenings in Israel…

okay and originally the program was scheduled until august 2024 for Northern Europe.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Ponta Delgada, Azores - Port Bookings (Correct as of 05/11/23)

A few dates have been updated recently for Brilliance OTS, Independence OTS and Odyssey OTS. May I also point out that the destination port for Brilliance has changed to Cadiz.

21st April 2025 - Brilliance OTS.  *UPDATED*
27th April 2025 - Jewel OTS

3rd May 2025 - Odyssey OTS.   *UPDATED*

6th May 2025 - Independence OTS

7th May 2025 - Explorer OTS

10th May 2025 - Voyager OTS

8th August 2025 - Independence OTS

21st October 2025 - Explorer OTS

22nd October 2025 - Independence OTS.  *UPDATED*

29th October 2025 - Odyssey OTS

6th November 2025 - Explorer OTS  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Have a look at the cruise call schedule of Limassol, from June 2025, Brilliance is listed there regularly: https://limassolcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/limassolcruise/2023/10/Cruise-Schedule_2023_2024_2025.pdf

those calls are newer than the Amsterdam calls which existed for a while already. 

Brilliance also has an updated TA call in Ponta Delgada, which now shows destination as Cadiz, suggesting she is entering the Med. Definitely a change of plans here and more confirmation that she is indeed headed to Eastern Mediterranean.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Brilliance also has an updated TA call in Ponta Delgada, which now shows destination as Cadiz, suggesting she is entering the Med. Definitely a change of plans here and more confirmation that she is indeed headed to Eastern Mediterranean.

Yes sadly, I would have loved having her in Amsterdam and coming to the Baltic Sea. But I hope for Jewel of the Seas sailing out of Amsterdam or maybe even Grandeur otS. Better than nothing...

39 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Yes sadly, I would have loved having her in Amsterdam and coming to the Baltic Sea. But I hope for Jewel of the Seas sailing out of Amsterdam or maybe even Grandeur otS. Better than nothing...

It should be Jewel in Amsterdam again as she is also on the Ponta Delgada schedule so she is not staying in the Caribbean as originally planned!

12 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It should be Jewel in Amsterdam again as she is also on the Ponta Delgada schedule so she is not staying in the Caribbean as originally planned!

Jewel has been on there since the beginning, even before Brilliance. It is possible that it may just be an old booking, but if Royal bring any ship to Amsterdam, my money would be on Jewel. However, she is currently on port schedules in Key West over the Summer, but could these be taken over by Grandeur?

36 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Any link to the Ponta Delgada port schedule? That would be helpful!!

Edited by shipfriend_max

56 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Edit: found the port schedule of Ponta Delgada, it is listed there the 27th of April additionally to Brilliance otS the 21st of April 2025. So that MIGHT be an indication that Jewel comes to Amsterdam. Fingers crossed. 

50 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

but could these be taken over by Grandeur?

Could well be! Took a look at the Key West cruise schedule and Grandeur is listed there, and end of August 2025 I found one call of Jewel otS and the day after Grandeur otS. That could very well be that the Jewel otS call is the old one taken over by Grandeur, but just one day later. Apart from that I did not find any call of Jewel otS anymore but Grandeur. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

They voted for it, but I don't think it was an immediate change until they had a new place for ships to go outside of the downtown area.

I think they already do have a place. One time we had to get off our cruise (Vision British Isles) well outside Amsterdam (somewhere North West of the city).

1 hour ago, andreasfcb said:

I think they already do have a place. One time we had to get off our cruise (Vision British Isles) well outside Amsterdam (somewhere North West of the city).

Was that just a port stop or a place to embark and disembark a whole ship with luggage, etc.

6 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

That might have been Ijmuiden, the city further down the river where the locks to the Northsea are. Ferries and some cruise ships dock there. A new terminal in Amsterdam still has to be built. Many bigger ships are changing from Ansterdam to Rotterdam, Celebrity as well.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

Amateur question…🫣 what time do the new itineraries drop? I need to book my appointment on Wednesday with Next Cruise! 

Couldn't you just book online on Royal's site and later when you get home transfer the bookings to your travel agent.

Getting the timing right while being onboard may be a huge problem.

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

The wishes of the locals were over ruled by our governor.  No I did not vote for him...and am not a fan of the man.  

I believe that poster was talking about the Amsterdam Port, who are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

The wishes of the locals were over ruled by our governor.  No I did not vote for him...and am not a fan of the man.  

He may consider himself powerful but I doubt he has much say in Amsterdam.

• Haha 1