Panoramic Oceanview Stateroom 1150 on Freedom - Unique Oversized Room

I was looking at stateroom options for a potential cruise and came across 1150, panoramic oceanview (L1) on deck 11 and found a video of it.  The room is massive in comparison to most of the other cabins in this category and it's completely unique to Freedom due to being an added room during the last drydock.  My guess is room 1100 on the portside is the same size, but don't know for sure.  Pretty cool and I'd expect this room to get booked up quicker than other panoramic oceanviews once more folks know about it.

I would have embedded the video in the post but that's disabled for this Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F18mC0euhUs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

On the RCI ships that offer the Oceanview Panoramic I believe....suite perks are included.

Don’t confuse OV Panoramic with Panoramic Suites.

We tried to Royal Up to an OV Panoramic from an interior on Indy last year, only reason I know about them. No suite perks, just a cool looking room with a view.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

All that great space but they sure didn't put any thought into creating a "living room" configuration, so odd to have 2 couches right next to eachother like that

It’s a weird room for sure and could be much nicer. I don’t care about my cabin, hence the interiors, but I did think that category in general was interesting.

One thing to know about rooms on the front of the ship- if there is fog, the fog horn is right by your window.  On our Canada/New England cruise we had 2 nights of fog.  The horn sounded about 5 seconds out of each 120 seconds.  All night long!  We had 1804 on Adventure.  Great cabin, but never again.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

On the RCI ships that offer the Oceanview Panoramic I believe....suite perks are included.

We have stayed in these cabins on Freedom and Indy. We love them, especially our grandchildren. Suite perks are not included. There is a panoramic cabin that is considered a Suite though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ATG said:

One thing to know about rooms on the front of the ship- if there is fog, the fog horn is right by your window.  On our Canada/New England cruise we had 2 nights of fog.  The horn sounded about 5 seconds out of each 120 seconds.  All night long!  We had 1804 on Adventure.  Great cabin, but never again.

We stayed in one of these for a Canada/NE out of Boston last year on Voyager and had the same experience.  Thankfully the fog cleared once we were in open water between ports so the horn didn't go all night long, but it did go late into the night a couple of times and was literally room shakingly loud.  I believe there were 4 cabins on Voyager with a similar layout and at least one was a suite category, others were spacious, ours was configured to be accessible.  Would not hesitate to book the room again for a warm weather cruise, but caveat emptor if you're going somewhere sketchy weatherwise.

1 hour ago, bostoncruisegal said:

For anyone who has stayed in one of these - do both couches pull out? 

That room in the video is uniquely large. The rest of the OV Panoramics are smaller (which is why the poster above only had one couch).

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That room in the video is uniquely large. The rest of the OV Panoramics are smaller (which is why the poster above only had one couch).

Oh yes I was referring only to rooms 1150 and 1100, not the whole category.  We prefer the kids to be in their own beds (not sharing a double), so are leaning towards the ultra spacious option with the bunks, but wanted to see if these were an option for us.

• Like 1

I found a similar cabin on Anthem. It is called a Spacious Forward Looking Oceanview. It is on deck 8 and it looks like there 6 or 8 cabins next to each other that might be around 240-250 square feet in size. I usually book inside, low deck, midship because of pricing but this was a great price when I booked in April, 2022. I understand bad weather could be an issue on a transatlantic in October but we have been lucky on our other transatlantics, weatherwise, so I was willing to chance it this time.

Jim

9 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

I found a similar cabin on Anthem. It is called a Spacious Forward Looking Oceanview. It is on deck 8 and it looks like there 6 or 8 cabins next to each other that might be around 240-250 square feet in size.

Not quite the same thing. Those cabins lose some usable square footage under the sloped ceiling, so they are not much bigger in usable space than most other OVs. Also, unlike Freedom, the OVs on Anthem have just a sloped regular window, not floor to ceiling windows.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 9:21 AM, fpcruiser said:

We have stayed in these cabins on Freedom and Indy. We love them, especially our grandchildren. Suite perks are not included. There is a panoramic cabin that is considered a Suite though.

We were on deck 12 and could see down into the Bridge.

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not quite the same thing. Those cabins lose some usable square footage under the sloped ceiling, so they are not much bigger in usable space than most other OVs. Also, unlike Freedom, the OVs on Anthem have just a sloped regular window, not floor to ceiling windows.

Hi, Biker19,

I did say similar not exactly the same. According to what I have read/seen, the rooms are larger with more space than the average ocean view. Yes, it has a large circular window, not a floor to ceiling window, with a sitting area near the window/porthole. Have you ever had the opportunity to see or stay in one of these types? I would really like to know.

Jim

27 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Yes, it has a large circular window, not a floor to ceiling window, with a sitting area near the window/porthole.

There are several videos of them (and not just Anthrm but the other Q class as well) the easiest way to find them is via the cruisedeckplans site. 

• Thanks 1