need help with customer service (they raised the price)

Illbcruzn4life

Another couple that is cruising with us in April on the Seashore just joined the Voyagers Club and called up to get the Voyager club discount.

After they did the discount and sent the new confirmation the price was higher. We were on the 11 day cruise which got switched to a 14 day cruise because Ocean Cay is going to be closed.

They said there would be no charge for the extra 3 days if you decide to accept the change. Well after the call and the discount they are charging more for port charges. After being on the phone for nearly 4 hours it is still not rectified. Any advice I could give them?

TIA

11 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Try MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Be VERY specific as far as dates, confirmation numbers, amounts (down to the penny), ship, stateroom number, etc. 

Give them 10 business days from the time that they respond to the first email. 

tyvm. 🙂 I don't know how something so easy turned into a time consuming hamster wheel.

25 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

tyvm. 🙂 I don't know how something so easy turned into a time consuming hamster wheel.

Calling MSC customer service and making any type of change (or sometimes just asking a question) never goes unpunished.  Their system seems to re-price everything to the current rate, since apparently they consider that a change in your original cruise. There are many threads on this board of similar issues. Some are able to get it resolved and go back to the original price, but many are stuck with the new price.

28 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

So easy?

Well, looks like they just exchanged their 11 days paid plus 3 free days cruise in a 14 days cruise with a 14 days price minus discount. 

15 minutes ago, carlmm said:

So easy?

Well, looks like they just exchanged their 11 days paid plus 3 free days cruise in a 14 days cruise with a 14 days price minus discount. 

I thought I had read they were very clear that everything in your original had to remain unchanged for the price to remain the same with these bookings.  I would not pushed the issue to get the 5% discount TBH.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Another couple that is cruising with us in April on the Seashore just joined the Voyagers Club and called up to get the Voyager club discount.

After they did the discount and sent the new confirmation the price was higher. We were on the 11 day cruise which got switched to a 14 day cruise because Ocean Cay is going to be closed.

They said there would be no charge for the extra 3 days if you decide to accept the change. Well after the call and the discount they are charging more for port charges. After being on the phone for nearly 4 hours it is still not rectified. Any advice I could give them?

TIA

Are you using a travel agent?

29 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I thought I had read they were very clear that everything in your original had to remain unchanged for the price to remain the same with these bookings.  I would not pushed the issue to get the 5% discount TBH.  

30 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

Well i guess they meant to the minute’ detail. Asking for your voyager discount negates everything? It’s too late not to push it, pandoras box has already been opened. Went from $1640, asking for the discount, and winding up with a price in the $1700’s.

we will see what comes of the email that was sent that 2wheels only provided.

28 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Well i guess they meant to the minute’ detail. Asking for your voyager discount negates everything? It’s too late not to push it, pandoras box has already been opened. Went from $1640, asking for the discount, and winding up with a price in the $1700’s.

we will see what comes of the email that was sent that 2wheels only provided.

I would definitely send an email and ask for the original pricing back.  I have found email usually gets a better response. 

I just was looking as to why this happened.  I just know that MSC can be very unforgiving and figured that was why it happened.  

33 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Unfortunately not. I did on my just completed Meraviglia cruise but not this one.

Are you within 30 days of making your original booking?

If so, you can request your booking be moved to a TA and let them deal with these issues. 

9 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I would definitely send an email and ask for the original pricing back.  I have found email usually gets a better response. 

I just was looking as to why this happened.  I just know that MSC can be very unforgiving and figured that was why it happened.  

I hear ya about being unforgiving. I told my friend that. He said he was going to ask for some compensation for all the time he spent. I said they wont budge.

6 minutes ago, Shippy said:

You lost me when you were talking about the port charges.

The cruise lines do not set those & cannot jack up the rate but sometimes the port charges do change...but because the PORT does so.

This is the problem. We paid $200 port charges for our 11 day cruise. They give us 3 more extra days for canceling Ocean Cay on us, so now we have more ports so they are trying to charge for the increase in port charges.

This after being told nothing will change.

We have found the best way to deal with MSC customer service is to let our cruise agent/agency do it!  Can't believe some folks spend so much time (not to mention frustration) trying to deal with the MSC folks.  Our favorite cruise agent gets paid to deal with them (on our behalf) and we get the benefit of extra onboard credit.

Hank

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We have found the best way to deal with MSC customer service is to let our cruise agent/agency do it!  Can't believe some folks spend so much time (not to mention frustration) trying to deal with the MSC folks.  Our favorite cruise agent gets paid to deal with them (on our behalf) and we get the benefit of extra onboard credit.

Hank

Thank you for your reply. Hindsight is 20/20

• Like 1