GUARANTEE BOOKING.

comas

Posted (edited)
On 2/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, Sdancer said:

I got number 514 for the GTY cabin.

I booked 8 months before the sailing.

1.5 months before sailing (my cruise will be next month) Crystal gave me the worst cabin location in my solo category (right above the theater).

I do not understand why Crystal would do such a thing when there is availability in 5 out of total 7  categories, including mine.

OC always gave me upgrades when it was not sold out, one was 3 levels higher.

If I would not get a better cabin location before the cruise, it might be my first and last cruise with NC.

Edited by Sdancer

I don’t understand your first sentence, what is 514? 
As for a guarantee, I’ve never thought that I would ever get a better cabin than the one for which I’d paid. Maybe I’d hit the jackpot and get a better cabin, but that was never a given. Maybe you had been exceeding lucky in the past to get better cabins than you’d paid, but luck lasts only so long. I’m inclined to think your expectations are out of line with reality. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

I don’t understand your first sentence, what is 514? 
As for a guarantee, I’ve never thought that I would ever get a better cabin than the one for which I’d paid. Maybe I’d hit the jackpot and get a better cabin, but that was never a given. Maybe you had been exceeding lucky in the past to get better cabins than you’d paid, but luck lasts only so long. I’m inclined to think your expectations are out of line with reality. 

514 is a Crystal code for GTY.

There are 14 cabins in solo category.

My cabin location is the worst.

I hoped to get a solo cabin I paid for but in a better location (the same category).

Crystal is still selling cabins in my category.

Edited by Sdancer

1 hour ago, Sdancer said:

514 is a Crystal code for GTY.

There are 14 cabins in solo category.

My cabin location is the worst.

I hoped to get a solo cabin I paid for but in a better location (the same category).

Crystal is still selling cabins in my category.

Just asking but in your category is it possible there is one solo left and it is the one on the opposite side as the one you got?

Aren't all the solo ones above the Galaxy. I am assuming you are speaking about Serenity since they have 14 solo rooms.

Anyway, just curious.

Keith

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Just asking but in your category is it possible there is one solo left and it is the one on the opposite side as the one you got?

Aren't all the solo ones above the Galaxy. I am assuming you are speaking about Serenity since they have 14 solo rooms.

Anyway, just curious.

Keith

Keith,

I sailed on Serenity recently. There are cabins in the hallway between the front desk - Medical Center - elevator. Cabin 514 may be on Deck 5.

1 hour ago, Ice Bear said:

I sailed on Serenity recently. There are cabins in the hallway between the front desk - Medical Center - elevator. Cabin 514 may be on Deck 5.

All cabins on Serenity Deck 5 have always been staff or officer rooms, from the day the ship was first launched. These rooms have never been offered as passenger accommodation.

Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ryndam said:

All cabins on Serenity Deck 5 have always been staff or officer rooms, from the day the ship was first launched. These rooms have never been offered as passenger accommodation.

Rob

Agreed with two exceptions. Some were used to quarantine guests with Covid in 2021 and on occasion used for enrichment personnel by old Crystal.  

Keith. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

Agreed with two exceptions. Some were used to quarantine guests with Covid in 2021 and on occasion used for enrichment personnel by old Crystal.  

Keith. 

These rooms are not even on 5th deck plan and not booked for guests.

514 is a code for GTY.

My friend who booked the cruise also got cabin 514 for GTY.

Edited by Sdancer

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2023 at 3:18 AM, comas said:

Thanks for your explanation.  By opting for a Guarantee, we could end up with a Sapphire suite, but on Deck 8  which doesn’t appeal to us. 

Why eschew deck 8? It's the best for a rough sea and the Sapphires are the same as deck 9.

Edited by Txcotn

2 minutes ago, Txcotn said:

Why eschew deck 8? It's the best for a rough sea and the Sapphires are the same as deck 9.

Did you realize you are responding to a year old post?  

On 12/3/2023 at 9:46 PM, canadianINtexas said:

Am eagerly looking forward to our first cruise with NC next summer so, for fun, logged into my account and was surprised to see a room/suite number already assigned to our Guaranteed booking.   Problem is, it is a 3 digit number so doesn't align with any of the suite numbers one sees when looking at the Symphony deck plans (all are 4 digits such as 7040, 8042...).    Any thoughts?  Should I be looking at the last 2 digits to determine location (with floor TBD) or is this merely a code/placeholder that only means something to NC and I truly will have to wait til we're a couple of weeks away from sailing?   

7040 and 8042 sound like room numbers, decent locations. 8042 has the tip of the lifeboat in the way, so I would choose 7040 if I could.

1 minute ago, Txcotn said:

7040 and 8042 sound like room numbers, decent locations. 8042 has the tip of the lifeboat in the way, so I would choose 7040 if I could.

Again, note that you are responding to a post from last December.  Most likely the poster has already sailed.  It's good general info though.

1 minute ago, oakridger said:

Again, note that you are responding to a post from last December.  Most likely the poster has already sailed.  It's good general info though.

🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Txcotn said:

🤣🤣🤣

Still following the thread... cruise starts in just under 3 weeks!   As others have mentioned, the 3 digit code (514) was merely just a placeholder until the cabin room was assigned for the guaranteed booking.  We just got notified of the assignment a few days ago and am happy with the suite/location.  In the end, the itinerary was extremely appealing to me for personal reasons (stopping in the birthplaces of both my parents) so just wanted to be on the ship even though we were gambling on where we may end up on the ship.  As others have mentioned, as long as you book a room/suite that you will be comfortable in and are not worried about location and possibility of your view being somewhat limited, all will work out.   Worst case, you'll be in the cabin size you paid for.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sdancer said:

These rooms are not even on 5th deck plan and not booked for guests.

514 is a code for GTY.

My friend who booked the cruise also got cabin 514 for GTY.

You have lost me now.

Are you on Serenity and is it deck 7?  Or not?

Based on the little you provided it appeared you were assigned to a room on Deck 7.

Agree with oakridger. More information would be helpful.

Posted (edited)

You have lost me now.

Are you on Serenity and is it deck 7?  Or not?

Based on the little you provided it appeared you were assigned to a room on Deck 7.

Agree with oakridger. More information would be helpful.

Yes, I was assigned a room on deck 7, very front location, on Serenity. It was two weeks ago.

I found out only today that a better solo cabin location was still available on deck 7, but it was gone before I could switch.

Edited by Sdancer

3 hours ago, Sdancer said:

Yes, I was assigned a room on deck 7, very front location, on Serenity. It was two weeks ago.

I found out only today that a better solo cabin location was still available on deck 7, but it was gone before I could switch.

That is what I thought. Deck 7 Serenity based on what you had posted. I only asked because of the discussions about Deck 5 which to me didn't match with your post.

Posted (edited)

That is what I thought. Deck 7 Serenity based on what you had posted. I only asked because of the discussions about Deck 5 which to me didn't match with your post.

514 was a place holder (a code) for GTY.

I had a solo GTY since January, then Crystal assigned me a solo cabin on deck 7 two weeks ago.

514 code had nothing to do with Deck 5.

Please see other member’s post #41 about 514 place holder for GTY.

Edited by Sdancer

55 minutes ago, Sdancer said:

514 was a place holder (a code) for GTY.

I had a solo GTY since January, then Crystal assigned me a solo cabin on deck 7 two weeks ago.

514 code had nothing to do with Deck 5.

Please see other member’s post #41 about 514 place holder for GTY.

Yes I figured that out when you answered Texas Tillie's question the other day.  Then someone mentioned guests could book deck5.  Rob and myself said that is not the case.  What threw me off was your post number 33.You said "My friend who booked the cruise also got cabin 514 for GTY."  Think you meant your friend got a code 514 for a GTY.

Either way that is why I asked the question.

Keith

33 minutes ago, 3littlefonzies said:

How many little fonzies can I cram into a guaranteed cabin? I assume that the cabin we ultimately get will have the same capacity because that is more important to us than an upgrade.

Only a few cabins on Crystal hold 3 and I don’t believe more than 3 are allowed in any cabin. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Only a few cabins on Crystal hold 3 and I don’t believe more than 3 are allowed in any cabin. 

And OC required you to sign a waiver acknowledging that the sofa bed was not really suitable for an adult and that no cabin changes would be allowed. With the reconfiguration there are probably not many of the old Triples left, so I wonder if NC still requires the waiver.