Where should I spend my money on excursions. (Halifax or Sydney)

mbrown572097

Check what is available in those ports  that you would be interested in seeing

There  are things to do in Halifax  that you can  walk to with minimal entrance fees 

We have been to Halifax a number of times, never with an excursion, and the only $$ we have spent there was for entrance to the Maritime Museum (very worthwhile).  IMO, no excursion needed, with many interesting things to see on our own: boardwalk, the Citadel, botanic gardens, Immigration Museum, etc.

Not so much to see in Sydney itself.

Really depends on your interests.

In General, Halifax for city type things, Sydney for nature.  But there are nature excursions in Halifax, too.

Might depend on how limited those funds are.  Are we talking $49?  $149?  More?

Sounds like in Halifax, there are a lot of walkable things to do.  In Sydney, not as much.  In that case, Sydney would probably get the $$$ for an excursion and we'll walk / cab Halifax.  Thoughts? 

(Oh, and the $ limit isn't a hard limit.  Just not wanting to spend big in both places.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbrown572097 said:

Sounds like in Halifax, there are a lot of walkable things to do.  In Sydney, not as much.  In that case, Sydney would probably get the $$$ for an excursion and we'll walk / cab Halifax.  Thoughts? 

(Oh, and the $ limit isn't a hard limit.  Just not wanting to spend big in both places.)

I think your assessment is pretty much spot on (my husband is from Sydney and went to school in Halifax). At the port in Sydney there is little to do within walking distance but some good options for history and/or nature with excursions. In Halifax, there are many things to see and do within walking distance including the Maritime museum which is always popular (includes Titanic exhibit and lesser known but worth seeing -  Halifax Explosion exhibit).