LIVE Cruzinforpeace*** is Cruising for Peace on The Summit July 23

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Cruzinforpeace*** was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I broke down and purchased the internet package this time to keep in touch with the cat nanny so I figured I’d try my first ever LIVE cruise report.

This cruise is extra special because it’s “doctor’s orders” that I get some peace and rest. I recently had some abnormal scans and am in the midst of ruling things out with more scans.  So, peace and rest is my RX for the next week.  One day at a time…

This LIVE will hopefully bring you the PEACEFUL moments onboard the Summit and Bermuda.  I’ve sailed on the Summit and have been to Bermuda many times, last was in 2019. I used to work as a production show singer for X way back in the 90’s and spent 3 seasons in Bermuda.  Much has changed but much has not.  I’m traveling with my teenage son and husband and we will be doing our usual Bermuda routine and I’m so happy to take you along.  

Right now, it’s not too peaceful.  I’m sitting amongst the packing “piles”.  However, soon we’ll be “Saiillling…” (insert Christopher Cross song by the same name).

Fozzie Bear the cat is not too happy seeing the pre cruise piles.

Sea ya soon!

IMG_0180.jpeg

IMG_0181.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Oh and we are still in “pending” status for 3 cabins we bid for:  Celebrity Suite, Sky Suite and Deluxe Veranda.  I’m not too hopeful at this late a date but who knows?  We currently have an obstructed veranda (which is just fine if we stay put).  

The suspense is intense!  😬

• Like 5

Here’s a preview of my most favorite peaceful place in the world. Hoping to get back to St. Catherine’s beach in St. George.  The last time we were there in 2019 they were building a big hotel there so hopefully there’s still some beach left to sit on for the “shoobies”.  This is literally the place I imagine when I do my deep relaxation exercises.🙏. I’m so hoping I can go this time and relax live in person, not just in my mind.

IMG_8601.jpeg

IMG_8592.jpeg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

Beautiful!!

For me, there is nothing as peaceful as gazing at the ocean meeting the sea, and nothing else around.

I hope you find relaxation and peace on this trip.

It is my happy place and in my blood.  My

great grandfather and father (both Greek) were both ship captains.  My mother was a singer on a cruise ship when she met my father (he was a Staff Captain at that time) and I sort of followed in their footsteps.  There’s nothing like the sea; so peaceful and powerful.

• Like 9

I hope you get some much needed peace and rest and also get an upgrade! I am following with interest - have always wanted to go to Bermuda but debating between a cruise and a “destination” trip.

My condolences on the passing of your father. Great photos - what a handsome man he was!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope you have an amazing cruise. I sure hope that your favorite beach is still as beautiful and peaceful as your pictures show. Oh, and I hope you get that upgrade! That would be a wonderful last minute surprise! 

Edited by perfect match
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perfect match said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise. I sure hope that your favorite beach is still as beautiful and peaceful as your pictures show. Oh, and I hope you get that upgrade! That would be a wonderful last minute surprise! 

We didn’t get the upgrade😢. It’s ok though.  I’m trying to look at the bright side.  Our cabin is in a very quiet spot; the front of the ship and between cabin decks so it should be “peaceful”.  The most important thing about the cabin is the view from the balcony and the sound of the ocean.  Awwwww.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

I hope you get some much needed peace and rest and also get an upgrade! I am following with interest - have always wanted to go to Bermuda but debating between a cruise and a “destination” trip.

My condolences on the passing of your father. Great photos - what a handsome man he was!

Bermuda is gorgeous; paradise, literally in the middle of nowhere is how I describe it.

Edited by Cruzinforpeace***
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We didn’t get the upgrade😢. It’s ok though.  I’m trying to look at the bright side.  Our cabin is in a very quiet spot; the front of the ship and between cabin decks so it should be “peaceful”.  The most important thing about the cabin is the view from the balcony and the sound of the ocean.  Awwwww.

What an amazing heritage.  I’d love to hear the stories at family dinner.  

Enjoy the prescription and keep her neat for the rest of us.   I’d raise a Dark and Stormy to you but I’m out of Ginger Beer.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hobbsey said:

What an amazing heritage.  I’d love to hear the stories at family dinner.  

Enjoy the prescription and keep her neat for the rest of us.   I’d raise a Dark and Stormy to you but I’m out of Ginger Beer.  

Oh it is an interesting family history indeed.  One “scandalous” bit of story is that my great grandfather had a second family on one of his shipping routes in Brazil.   My father (who was a shipping agent at that time in the U.S. after leaving the sea as an active captain) happened to “randomly” come across one of those relatives during one of his business interactions because they had the same last name!  Turns out we have relatives in Brazil and they’re all very successful (doctors and lawyers) and just really nice people. I have an open invitation to visit them in Brazil.  Should make those plans!

• Like 4