Coffee shop on Whisper?

Mocamps

Hi everyone,

We’re booked for a cruise on Whisper in October and have just been allocated our cabin (511). I’m trying to work out where we need to go to our early morning coffee?? On the Dawn one of us would go and pick up 2 coffees in the Arts cafe and can’t find anything similar on Whisper. Can we get coffees to go from Panorama? I know we can always order Room Service but that involves predicting when we’ll wake up!!

Whisper does not have an Arts Cafe. I would suggest going to the Panorama Lounge for that early morning beverage.  As for "good coffee", personally, I think that is a very subjective topic.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Lois,

I was trying to remember where we got it on the Wind and Cloud and I thought it was probably Panorama lounge. And I know they are expedition ships but they essentially look to be the same layout. We lean towards stronger Italian-type barista coffees and dislike American-style filter brewed coffees, but I agree it’s definitely personal preference. We had a friend who always asked us to bring him back packs of American coffee and we thought it was awful!!

12 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

Thanks Lois,

I was trying to remember where we got it on the Wind and Cloud and I thought it was probably Panorama lounge. And I know they are expedition ships but they essentially look to be the same layout. We lean towards stronger Italian-type barista coffees and dislike American-style filter brewed coffees, but I agree it’s definitely personal preference. We had a friend who always asked us to bring him back packs of American coffee and we thought it was awful!!

Funny, I like what I like..not too strong and not bitter. Many times I end up ordering hot tea for my breakfast while on a cruise (or with dessert) because I can't find a cup of coffee that I like....I mean I can always drink a latte and/or cappuccino but just a straight cup of coffee? I can't seem to find one to my liking.  

8 hours ago, bitob said:

Do they have a real espresso machine on board or are they all the push button type?

From recent experience probably not. Tried various coffees in various locations and they where all pretty weak.

18 hours ago, bitob said:

Do they have a real espresso machine on board or are they all the push button type?

Hi, did you mean a self-serve type of machine? I have never seen them on any of the ships and when a bartender is making an espresso It is a real machine.......I have never seen them press a button for the beverage to come out.

41 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, did you mean a self-serve type of machine? I have never seen them on any of the ships and when a bartender is making an espresso It is a real machine.......I have never seen them press a button for the beverage to come out.

The only place with a real espresso machine o. Moon is Arts cafe. Everything else push button and undrinkable 

Will be with SS for 1st time this Fall on Dawn.  Am I understanding correctly that if one wants a serious, fresh dark roast French or Italian, the Arts Cafe is the spot?  Looking for the equivalent of Celebrity's Cafe Al Bacio.

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Will be with SS for 1st time this Fall on Dawn.  Am I understanding correctly that if one wants a serious, fresh dark roast French or Italian, the Arts Cafe is the spot?  Looking for the equivalent of Celebrity's Cafe Al Bacio.

Yes

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Definitely your best bet.

6 hours ago, Easterncommand said:

Hi All.

With regards to the Whisper it is rumoured that a small arts cafe will be installed during the refit scheduled for April 2024. Other than that the coffee is barely passable.sorry 

Oh No........!!! I thought the Panorama lounge had decent coffee on the Cloud and Wind!! Though maybe not as nice as the Arts cafe but I thought it was a proper coffee and not a machine push button one!! 

And canderson..., the Arts cafe coffee is BETTER than Cafe Al Bacio in my opinion!! Though I think Celebrity have the edge on cookies!

7 minutes ago, Mocamps said:

Oh No........!!! I thought the Panorama lounge had decent coffee on the Cloud and Wind!! Though maybe not as nice as the Arts cafe but I thought it was a proper coffee and not a machine push button one!! 

And canderson..., the Arts cafe coffee is BETTER than Cafe Al Bacio in my opinion!! Though I think Celebrity have the edge on cookies!

Agree. Arts cafe has best coffee at sea. Skip the cookies 

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

We often travel with one of these when concerned about coffee availability.  😁

Screenshot_20230727_081140_Chrome.jpg

Well, no wonder you don’t have room in your luggage for formal wear. 😉

Just kidding, just kidding…

Edited by Stumblefoot
Making sure people know I’m just being silly.